Peter Casey runs for RFC board

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate the maths that people are putting in to this conversation.

Unfortunately, the two new candidates failed to gain positions on the board. While I find that VERY disappointing, I am moving on. I am hoping the new coaches and new players at the club transform the way we play and that success will start coming our way.

Hardwick is there whether we like it or not. He may be gone soon but if he is there at the end of the 2017 season that will probably mean we've had a good year and that can't be bad!

Go tiges!

all good, we all want a fair and transparent process.

FWIW Wallace should be proud. Assuming 10,000 voted (which is at the top end IMO), he missed a post by just 300 odd votes (likely less). this is an impressive effort based upon past egms and agms (the well funded and caro adored Macek ticket got nowhere near this close (%age wise)
I was disappointed with 10,000 voters as i was expecting around a third.

Its this reason why I keep banging on about this.

Assume kids dont vote, and lets be generous, wipe off 40% of the voting market. Then say just a third of adult members can be ****ed voting. Thats 14k votes, and the best we have done (admittedly with much smaller membership numbers) is around 7k. Its a disgrace that with 36 years of issues, complaints, and anger, only 10-20% of members can be bothered exercising their vote when asked for their say.

To put it bluntly, our voting numbers are pathetic considering the passion and commitment in our supporter base

Assume kids dont vote, and lets be generous, wipe off 40% of the voting market. Then say just a third of adult members can be stuffed voting. Thats 14k votes, and the best we have done (admittedly with much smaller membership numbers) is around 7k. Its a disgrace that with 36 years of issues, complaints, and anger, only 10-20% of members can be bothered exercising their vote when asked for their say.

To put it bluntly, our voting numbers are pathetic considering the passion and commitment in our supporter base
Agreed

Assume kids dont vote, and lets be generous, wipe off 40% of the voting market. Then say just a third of adult members can be stuffed voting. Thats 14k votes, and the best we have done (admittedly with much smaller membership numbers) is around 7k. Its a disgrace that with 36 years of issues, complaints, and anger, only 10-20% of members can be bothered exercising their vote when asked for their say.

100%

The lesson here i hope you take on board is that if you love the club, and to be clear i know you are passionate about the club then buy a membership and vote. That way next time you can atleast know you had a voice.

I appreciate the maths that people are putting in to this conversation.

Unfortunately, the two new candidates failed to gain positions on the board. While I find that VERY disappointing, I am moving on. I am hoping the new coaches and new players at the club transform the way we play and that success will start coming our way.

Hardwick is there whether we like it or not. He may be gone soon but if he is there at the end of the 2017 season that will probably mean we've had a good year and that can't be bad!

Go tiges!

Great post brother.

Back on topic as Casey has now quoted his percentage of the primary votes .Which he states is 17.49%,so based on this the minimum score the informal votes is 9.02%.So recalculating my work from previous posts:
http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/community/threads/rfc-2016-agm-announced.100956/page-15

Based on the minimum number of informal votes that could be obtained in the election given by Casey's figures Ryan would win if the informal vote is less than 1.98%.The minimum is actually 4.02%

Here's a best case scenario for the incumbents where the informal vote is at a minimum and the Ryan has a maximum win on Wallace(1.98%).
Dunne 35.49
Ryan. 22.49
Wallace 20.51
Casey 17.49
Informal 4.02

Therefore ON these numbers Ryan won her seat by informal votes.Since it was the first two passed the post i would expect the two incumbents to get the full 4.02% each and even if they shared half Ryan still won on informal votes.
Maximum Primary votes based after deducting the minimum informal vote is

Dunne 31.47
Ryan. 18.47
Wallace 20.51
Casey 17.49

Wallace missed out by the informal vote factor which is an injustice bc it's not what members wanted.
Please correct me if i'm wrong.IT's still possible based on non minimum informal votes that Ryan came a close last.
I really don't think anyone cares all that much about pure speculation, so surely it's best to wait it out for the results at the agm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just curious who actually voted for the existing board members? Are there a lot of big ticket holders who vote their way?

I did, but Im no big ticket holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back