Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben and Jack... who is saying that he isn't 195 already... and if he isnt, he is bloody close to it!

CmZM6fbUkAAss6z.jpg

I think you might find there's a pair of shoes between the two of them, and it's exaggerating their relative heights. ;)

He's definitely approaching 6'4", and will probably be taller than his bro.
I've just asked the guy who posted the pic on Twitter if Jack was still wearing his boots when the pic was taken :D He definitely looks like he has a couple of inches on Jack already :D

5'9" back pocket/HBF , who played it tough, but fair. Not overly skilled however always gave his all.

I remember he had a bit of a turn through the midfield and wasn't too bad, but it was just at the time that our Mosquito Fleet were just starting to come through, Buckley, Sheldon, Ashman, Harmes, etc and there was less opportunity for him.

From the Footy Prophet AFL Bloodlines piece not long ago - exciting stuff:

Jake Bradley
Height: 177cm, Weight: 70kg, DOB: 4/10/1998
Recruited From: Northern Knights
Position: Small Midfielder/Forward

Round 1: I’m not sure what’s been more impressive, the shape in which Jake Bradley has returned to TAC Cup in, or his 17 disposal effort despite a 90-point belting at the hands of Sandringham. Bradley in years previous could be best described as scrawny kid, with a light frame and somewhat pigeon-holed as a small forward. However he has put on weight, begun to fill out, and is starting to look and play like a footballer. He’s been injected straight into the midfield, and was strong with his leadership despite a horrible loss. Finished with six uncontested marks and four handball receives to match his 17 touches. It’s a credit to his development, discipline and professionalism. Tick.

Round 2: In news that will warm the hearts of Carlton fans, Jake Bradley had a breakthrough game for the Knights at TAC Cup level. In previous years, the knock on Bradley has been his lack of strength and size to win his own ball, as well as his ability to transition from a small forward. It was the first time I’ve seen Bradley put together a four-quarter performance. His 21 disposal, two-goal effort was outstanding, but so too was his desire to run hard into space, collecting six uncontested marks and bobbing up with three handball receives. Still needs to work on his kicking efficiency, but he’s certainly shown he can find the footy.

From the Footy Prophet AFL Bloodlines piece not long ago - exciting stuff:

Jake Bradley
Height: 177cm, Weight: 70kg, DOB: 4/10/1998
Recruited From: Northern Knights
Position: Small Midfielder/Forward

Round 1: I’m not sure what’s been more impressive, the shape in which Jake Bradley has returned to TAC Cup in, or his 17 disposal effort despite a 90-point belting at the hands of Sandringham. Bradley in years previous could be best described as scrawny kid, with a light frame and somewhat pigeon-holed as a small forward. However he has put on weight, begun to fill out, and is starting to look and play like a footballer. He’s been injected straight into the midfield, and was strong with his leadership despite a horrible loss. Finished with six uncontested marks and four handball receives to match his 17 touches. It’s a credit to his development, discipline and professionalism. Tick.

Round 2: In news that will warm the hearts of Carlton fans, Jake Bradley had a breakthrough game for the Knights at TAC Cup level. In previous years, the knock on Bradley has been his lack of strength and size to win his own ball, as well as his ability to transition from a small forward. It was the first time I’ve seen Bradley put together a four-quarter performance. His 21 disposal, two-goal effort was outstanding, but so too was his desire to run hard into space, collecting six uncontested marks and bobbing up with three handball receives. Still needs to work on his kicking efficiency, but he’s certainly shown he can find the footy.
I'll take that. Will still need work over a couple of years to really build a tank and fill out properly, but he is starting to sound like a definite keeper.

Did they talk about what was his pace like?

I'll take that. Will still need work over a couple of years to really build a tank and fill out properly, but he is starting to sound like a definite keeper.

Did they talk about what was his pace like?
Yeah - great signs. But no, they didn't mention his pace. Hopefully we'll have more updates now he's on the radar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any pics of Jake?
453467.jpg

From the weekend

Are we able to pick up Jake as a F/S selection this year, or did he nominate last year?
Apparently we can because he went undrafted entirely. If he goes undrafted in the national draft, we can pre-list him as a rookie.

Anymore updates on Jake Bradley?

Doubt we'd know more until later in the year. At the very best he'd be a rookie spot. Not sure there'd be any other clubs that interested in him.
I get the feeling the club are looking at him as a rookie. Can someone clarify the rule with father/son rookie nominations. Is it correct that because he nominated for the draft last year and no clubs took him that we can nominate him as a rookie or does he have to nominate again for this years draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back