Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How does Ben go down back? Would he be a reasonable option to replace JGM as a potential future FB, hopefully overthrowing Jones in a few years time?

Ben can interchange easily as Forward or Defense positions he's a quality tall in MHO. It's his endurance that needs work.
My preference definitely is Lukosius with a beautiful kicking action, intelligent footballer, an athletic beast able to repeat leading paterns, for a youngster just jaw dropping.

Last edited:
Got confused I was describing Ben King and then got distracted with my favorite player in the 2018 draft after Rankine.
Ben Silvagni is passable at a bargin price, I'm sure we can find a spot for him somewhere.o_O

Ben can interchange easily as Forward or Defense positions he's a quality tall in MHO. It's his endurance that needs work.
hmmmm interesting considering key position players may not be required to run up both ends of ground in coming years. Having endurance for such players looks like going very soon as a need. Good news in an indirect way.

pd fs academy about to clock up 3 years in existence - what do we have to show for it - more than jsos surely - discuss

Jake Bradley cooked a mean snag at the sausage sizzle once.

How has Hickmont been going for WA? Previous reports have him finding a bit of the ball and having a crack, just making the state team for the champs shows he is on the right track, hopeful he gets picked up and his brother comes across to play for Northern, any chance of that?

How are the boys from our next gen academy going, haven’t seen anything posted for a weeks, there was promising signs.

we were so optimistic last year about the 2018 F/S crop...BSOS, Hickmott x 2, Manton... :(
Check again: people who actually had a clue were only big on BSOS and Will Hickmott, and not much has changed in that regard.

How has Hickmont been going for WA? Previous reports have him finding a bit of the ball and having a crack, just making the state team for the champs shows he is on the right track, hopeful he gets picked up and his brother comes across to play for Northern, any chance of that?

How are the boys from our next gen academy going, haven’t seen anything posted for a weeks, there was promising signs.
Still tracking OK, Northern had a bye the week before last. Brazier's getting used all over the place, while Mitch Wild is regularly racking up touches now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you lend a few words as to the type of player he is?

Position, height, weight, plays like, strengths, weaknesses?

Thanks in advance.
I don’t really know much apart from what I’ve researched. Named in bests in 4/8 games for knights. Kicked 15 goals. Averages about 13 disposals. 14 contested marks across the 8 games. 26 uncontested. Averages 4-5 tackles too.

Has been playing midfield after being a forward. I’m not a track watcher just follow twitter and read a lot of news about our future prospects.

Although not an eligible F/S, I will be watching Lachie Sholl's efforts with great interest in Sunday's game. Has consistently been one of Calder Cannon's better players this season.
We're real sorry about the 93 GF post-mortems. Please forgive us Lachie. It was a different time, and all those BigFooty posters died of shame years ago anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Sunny Brazier - Forward for the Knights, presents a target but doesn't offer much up the ground IMO, good contested mark though - from pie 4 life

Knightmare thinks brazier is a better forward than both Silvagni boys in particular his contested marking.

Sunny Brazier - Forward for the Knights, presents a target but doesn't offer much up the ground IMO, good contested mark though - from pie 4 life

Knightmare thinks brazier is a better forward than both Silvagni boys in particular his contested marking.

And this should be able to be worked on under development in a professional environment.
Isn’t what academies should be for in gaining access to the talented kids, then selecting if notable skills on display & hone their skills into AFL players.

Thanks in advance.
Just shy of 6'4", good on the lead, good contested work. Seems to be a medium utility with some scope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back