Coops93

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
It's pretty good consistency to only be held goalless twice in the season. I'd prefer that than someone who kicks 5 then hardly sees it the next 4 weeks then kicks 5 again. If he kicks 1.5 goals a game while still building the rest of his game he's worth his spot in the team, in fact it's where I think Silvagni was a few weeks back. A goal or so a game and pressure was about all that kept him in the team, now he's seemingly worked out the rest of it and his having a real impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue Dimension

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
N Mystics & GC Lightning
Confirming Carlton have spoken to Archi Manton. We aren’t the only clubs - there have been another 3.

I’m assuming clubs are just doing their due dilligence at this time of year with many young players and plenty could change between now and the draft. But there’s definitely interest there.

dangerousdane

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I know it isn’t technically the right thread but for those in the know, how is Wild from the NGA coming along? He started the season well and there was concerns he was no longer eligible.

Jimmae

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tennessee Titans, Tottenham Hotspur
I know it isn’t technically the right thread but for those in the know, how is Wild from the NGA coming along? He started the season well and there was concerns he was no longer eligible.
Looks like he sat out a couple of weeks after the U18 champs, then resumed 3 weeks ago, played 2 games and had another week off. He may have school footy to contend with as well in his schedule.

Still putting up great numbers.

RoyalParade

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Looks like he sat out a couple of weeks after the U18 champs, then resumed 3 weeks ago, played 2 games and had another week off. He may have school footy to contend with as well in his schedule.

He has been selected for the rookie mr combine I believe

RoyalParade

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Confirming Carlton have spoken to Archi Manton. We aren’t the only clubs - there have been another 3.

I’m assuming clubs are just doing their due dilligence at this time of year with many young players and plenty could change between now and the draft. But there’s definitely interest there.
Not invited to any combines though.

AT97

Team Captain
Jul 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton

Is he still part of our academy?

AT97

Team Captain
Jul 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton

Interesting he hasn’t been invited to any of the combines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dangerousdane

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Going off recent discussions, he no longer lives in our zone and people were unsure of eligibility, the fact he seems to be a rookie, I don’t think there will be much push back to include him.

He was part of the academy last year as far as I’m aware.

Jimmae

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tennessee Titans, Tottenham Hotspur
Going off recent discussions, he no longer lives in our zone and people were unsure of eligibility, the fact he seems to be a rookie, I don’t think there will be much push back to include him.

He was part of the academy last year as far as I’m aware.
DD is correct, but since that one tweet disputing his eligibility, no one has publicly confirmed his status.

That being said, he's looked a bit more sluggish this year, despite his ball-winning ability and kicking. If he's eligible to us, we'll probably get him as a rookie. Looks to have a lot of physical scope though, but his ideal positions are probably general defender and inside mid.

crippamagic33

Draftee
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Wild couldn’t really translate his ball winning into the national championships, I think he was playing on the wing which is out of position so that has seen him drop a few pegs in terms of draft talk, i believe he got a rookie me invite which I’m guessing he was nominated by Carlton

dangerousdane

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
How did Oskar Manson go in the VFL on Sunday and what year is Archie eligible for the draft?

On a seperate note, have either of the Hickmont boys done enough in the WAFL this year to suggest they are AFL quality?

Top Bottom