Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I just brought it up to be a discussion point. Do we get access via NGA during mid season draft? Can we match bids? Does this have the same effect on Dunkley with Sydney?
Fair enough, I don't think we can, at this stage, but it might revert back to us having first say at the end of the year, since Daniel Hanna was still part of Essendon's academy as a 19 Y/O.

Residential address, the rest is down to his ethnicity.
It would be odd if it means we no longer have first access to Wild, having already identified him and had him on our academy list. We can't hold a gun to a player's head and force them not to relocate. It shouldn't be like a breach of contract, by one party or the other.

Last edited:
Don't they have NAB league scouts? 'That kid with the skinhead named Manton looks a lot like a chunkier version of Glen Manton who used to play for us, what a coincidence!'

Was just listening to The Age footy podcast and they mentioned in their little rumours 'bit' that Carlton apparently had no idea that Glenn Manton's youngest son switched from basketball to footy and is leading the NAB league goalkicking until just now.

Anyone got any info on this?
garbage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just listening to The Age footy podcast and they mentioned in their little rumours 'bit' that Carlton apparently had no idea that Glenn Manton's youngest son switched from basketball to footy and is leading the NAB league goalkicking until just now.

Anyone got any info on this?

Shirley if we knew about him, Carlton knew about him too.

On the other hand, Carlton doesn't have a Jimmae on staff....

shan if I know hogg, manton & the brazier are all in our academy I'm tipping the club does..........
For sure. I was actually wondering if anyone could shed light on why the hell the journos would think we had no idea rather than whether it was true.

AGE footy podcast talking him up tonight. Apparently played bball til this year. Possible high pick for us?
I wouldn't have thought so. Hasn't had any really outstanding games this season, generally kicking 1 or 2 goals a game, although he did get named in the Western Jets best players yesterday in a losing side despite not kicking any goals.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is encouraged to play another season in the NAB League next year as an over age player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back