Pafloyul

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2004
Somewhere else
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
The only problem with that is he would then be up for grabs for any AFL club, as far as I'm aware, and the club might think the power side to his game was too good to risk. He seems to be mobile enough in bursts, when directly contesting the footy, but seems flatfooted at the moment when he has to chase.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
The only problem with that is he would then be up for grabs for any AFL club, as far as I'm aware, and the club might think the power side to his game was too good to risk. He seems to be mobile enough in bursts, when directly contesting the footy, but seems flatfooted at the moment when he has to chase.
True, but I don't think he has done enough to get onto an AFL list yet. One would love to know how much interest, if any, our recruiters have in Manton.

Keyza

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Only turned 18 this year so eligible for father/son.

Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Can't have everyone Pat.

Can't outline the Manton article, but here's the next best thing

The son of a former AFL defender showcased his ability in the attacking half for Western Jets on Saturday. Archi Manton, the son of ex-Carlton and Essendon player Glenn, booted a season-best haul of five goals in the Jets’ NAB League loss to Oakleigh Chargers.

The 193cm forward had just seven kicks and three marks, but was particularly influential in the final term of his side’s 22-point loss. The 18-year-old Williamstown CYMS product has 25 goals from 14 games in 2019, kicking three majors against Northern Knights and Tasmania Devils earlier this season.
“He started the game the little slowly, but he was quite pivotal in the last quarter,” Western Jets talent manager Luke Williams said of Manton.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
It's pretty good consistency to only be held goalless twice in the season. I'd prefer that than someone who kicks 5 then hardly sees it the next 4 weeks then kicks 5 again. If he kicks 1.5 goals a game while still building the rest of his game he's worth his spot in the team, in fact it's where I think Silvagni was a few weeks back. A goal or so a game and pressure was about all that kept him in the team, now he's seemingly worked out the rest of it and his having a real impact.

Blue Dimension

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
N Mystics & GC Lightning
Confirming Carlton have spoken to Archi Manton. We aren’t the only clubs - there have been another 3.

I’m assuming clubs are just doing their due dilligence at this time of year with many young players and plenty could change between now and the draft. But there’s definitely interest there.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I know it isn’t technically the right thread but for those in the know, how is Wild from the NGA coming along? He started the season well and there was concerns he was no longer eligible.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I know it isn’t technically the right thread but for those in the know, how is Wild from the NGA coming along? He started the season well and there was concerns he was no longer eligible.
Looks like he sat out a couple of weeks after the U18 champs, then resumed 3 weeks ago, played 2 games and had another week off. He may have school footy to contend with as well in his schedule.

Still putting up great numbers.

RoyalParade

Cancelled
Feb 19, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Looks like he sat out a couple of weeks after the U18 champs, then resumed 3 weeks ago, played 2 games and had another week off. He may have school footy to contend with as well in his schedule.

He has been selected for the rookie mr combine I believe

RoyalParade

Cancelled
Feb 19, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Confirming Carlton have spoken to Archi Manton. We aren’t the only clubs - there have been another 3.

I’m assuming clubs are just doing their due dilligence at this time of year with many young players and plenty could change between now and the draft. But there’s definitely interest there.
Not invited to any combines though.

AT97

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton

Is he still part of our academy?

AT97

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton

Interesting he hasn’t been invited to any of the combines.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal

Going off recent discussions, he no longer lives in our zone and people were unsure of eligibility, the fact he seems to be a rookie, I don’t think there will be much push back to include him.

He was part of the academy last year as far as I’m aware.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Going off recent discussions, he no longer lives in our zone and people were unsure of eligibility, the fact he seems to be a rookie, I don’t think there will be much push back to include him.

He was part of the academy last year as far as I’m aware.
DD is correct, but since that one tweet disputing his eligibility, no one has publicly confirmed his status.

That being said, he's looked a bit more sluggish this year, despite his ball-winning ability and kicking. If he's eligible to us, we'll probably get him as a rookie. Looks to have a lot of physical scope though, but his ideal positions are probably general defender and inside mid.

Back