Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
I know nothing about Wild except hearing his name being mentioned....are you able to let us know what type of player he is Pablito....or any other posters who may have an insight?

cheers, Mr Ed :thumbsu:
He's a midfielder who can work both inside & outside the contest. He is a good size & relatively strong for his age. He is not super quick, but like Cripps can motor when running in a straight line. His hands are fairly good & he is a reasonably good kick & does read the play well. At times I have found that he doesn't push hard enough to get to contests & can spectate a little bit.

If we were to recruit him as a rookie, I would anticipate him playing solely in the VFL next season as there are a number of players on our list who would start well ahead of him in the midfield stakes.

Pafloyul

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2004
Somewhere else
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
It shouldn't be, I see him as an anything or nothing type of player. In that regard, what position he plays shouldn't be the issue. In fact, I'd say Wild has more of a chance of being overlooked by us due to his playing position, particularly if we manage to draft a similar type with an earlier pick. We may, however, simply see him as a better prospect.

Last edited:

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
He's a midfielder who can work both inside & outside the contest. He is a good size & relatively strong for his age. He is not super quick, but like Cripps can motor when running in a straight line. His hands are fairly good & he is a reasonably good kick & does read the play well. At times I have found that he doesn't push hard enough to get to contests & can spectate a little bit.

If we were to recruit him as a rookie, I would anticipate him playing solely in the VFL next season as there are a number of players on our list who would start well ahead of him in the midfield stakes.
cheers mediumsizered, I assume it's not this Cameron Wild from the Knights/Vic Country? Just a little confused....

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
I know nothing about Wild except hearing his name being mentioned....are you able to let us know what type of player he is Pablito....or any other posters who may have an insight?

cheers, Mr Ed :thumbsu:
I hear his style is earnest yet poetic.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Just did a bit of research on Cameron Wild....looks like he had a pretty good year for the Bushrangers in 2019. An excerpt from a game earlier this year...looks promising.

1572689075879.png

He actually turns 18yo on Nov 28, the second day of the National Draft!!

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Yep thought it was Oct 31. So if he goes undrafted in the ND we can take him cat b?
Assuming we didn't nominate him (these things don't always get announced straight away), he needs to also get through the PSD, but yes he would be eligible for pre-listing prior to the rookie draft.

Back