Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How did boots ever dominate?
I never said he did (or any of the other speculative picks we made in the past). They were chosen because they had a couple of impressive highlights.

When Bootsma was drafted the word coming out of WA was that his team mates from Colts were shocked he was even being drafted, let alone in the first round (was really a mid second after the GWS picks).

I never said he did (or any of the other speculative picks we made in the past). They were chosen because they had a couple of impressive highlights.

When Bootsma was drafted the word coming out of WA was that his team mates from Colts were shocked he was even being drafted, let alone in the first round (was really a mid second after the GWS picks).
There was a news story not long before the draft about him being a potential 'bolter' but the inference was that Fremantle might bite with one of their picks. It seems as though we took the bait.

There was a news story not long before the draft about him being a potential 'bolter' but the inference was that Fremantle might bite with one of their picks. It seems as though we took the bait.

We seemed very bait-able in those days.

Thank **** those days are over.

He was a bolter because because we were all over him despite him only playing half a season of colts and that made a few other teams have a second look.

Freo passed on him at pick 16. From memory there was some talk of North as well but they passed on him at 18.

I wasn’t implying from you I meant in general, he didn’t show much in his time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are all the father-sons currently training with us eligible in 2020?
T🆘
McKay⚕
Hogg 🐗
Gleeson 🐻

ELUoJXoUUAA3t1w

Last edited:
It's a big week at Ikon Park, with potential father-son selections as well as youngsters from the AFL Academy training with us.

Pictured below are Henry Walsh, Tom Gleeson, Mackenzie Hogg, Tom Silvagni and Charlie McKay. Oh, and some Diesel bloke. #BoundByBlue

View attachment 793895

Do any of our track watchers have any comments on how Tom G, TSOS, McHogg and Charlie M looked out on the park?
Is there any/much exposed form from schools footy?
In short - is there any expectation that any of these guys wil be F/S selections down the track?

So are all the father-sons currently training with us eligible in 2020?
TSOS
McKay
Hogg 🐗
Gleeson 🐻

ELUoJXoUUAA3t1w
Yes eligible. Have to be to train at this time of year.
Hogg was on Northern Knights list as an underager but didn't get game time.
Similarly McKay was on Sandringham Dragons list for same result. Fair to extrapolate they must have shown something to be listed.
Can't find anything on Gleeson, but skinny as. Young Tom has drawn enough comment already suggesting underwhelming to date, but things can change rapidly when the shackles are released as kids.

Young Tom is a fait bit shorter than the other 2, what position does he play?

Think I'd read somewhere that he'd been playing as a key defender in school footy, but that he wasn't expected to be able to carry that over to AFL given his size.

May end up being in the Plowman mold, as a small/medium defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back