Peter Dutton’s racism to the bottom

Remove this Banner Ad

Try explaining to pensioners why immigrants in Australia are given nearly $60k/yr for couples while pensioners only receive about $16k.
Do you have a source/link for that $60K (not from Fox)?

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Oh wow Freddy. An honest mistake. It is still on 2/5ths of an immigrant.

I'm not having a go at you, and I wasn't even checking up on you, but I just came across this page when I was looking for something else on immigration figures, and I suspect this explains the $60,000 figure:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigrant_benefits_urban_legend#Appearance_in_Australian_media

Appearance in Australian media
In 2008, Media Watch documented several appearances of the hoax in Australia's media, beginning with The Cairns Post which published letters to the editor containing the claims, and using the same figures as the original Canadian email, in August 2007 and February 2008. Despite the Media Watch story, the same letters appeared two months later in The Courier-Mail in Brisbane and The West Australian in Perth. On April 21, 2008, Alan Jones read the email on air, and was critical of Media Watch when the program contacted him to advise him of the hoax.
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship responded to a letter in the Sunraysia Daily, drawing attention to the email's Canadian origins, and stating that benefits paid to refugees were on the same basis and at the same rate as those to any Australian resident.
PS, you nearly gave me a bloody heart attack when you said the pension was now only $16,000.:p

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Do you have a source/link for that $60K (not from Fox)?
As far as I'm aware, refugees and immigrants are entitled to welfare on the same criteria and at the same rates as other Australian residents (and then only after a waiting period in the case of immigrants).
I will withdraw that claim that immigrants couples receive nearly $57k/yr. It was found to be false.

I will withdraw that claim that immigrants couples receive nearly $57k/yr. It was found to be false.
Those sorts of claims have been shown to be false multiple times, but some parrot without thinking regurgitates the same s**t until they are proven wrong again and again!

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
what a great week its been for multiculturalrism, started off with footage from ACA where a young disabled boy tried to get his independence by going to a shopping centre was coward punched for fun by some Polynesian thugs( who got a slap on the wrist but that's another story) then on the news some middle eastern guy is extradited from VIC to NSW cause he has been illegally dumping tonnes of asbestos riddled soil wherever he feels like it and has been doing so for years (only got a slap on the wrist but that's another story) and the lebanese guy on the news who ran over a cyclist abused him for being Australian and more or less said lebs can do what they want (will probably get a slap on the wrist but that will be another story) we all need to live our life right and do the right thing but surely if you come to a new country you are under more pressure to do the right thing- can hardly wait to see what next week brings....

what a great week its been for multiculturalrism, started off with footage from ACA where a young disabled boy tried to get his independence by going to a shopping centre was coward punched for fun by some Polynesian thugs( who got a slap on the wrist but that's another story) then on the news some middle eastern guy is extradited from VIC to NSW cause he has been illegally dumping tonnes of asbestos riddled soil wherever he feels like it and has been doing so for years (only got a slap on the wrist but that's another story) and the lebanese guy on the news who ran over a cyclist abused him for being Australian and more or less said lebs can do what they want (will probably get a slap on the wrist but that will be another story) we all need to live our life right and do the right thing but surely if you come to a new country you are under more pressure to do the right thing- can hardly wait to see what next week brings....

Let's hope the immigrants know how to use a full stop.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace

Can you please use Grammar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
It's 'dodgy'. Poor grammar and spelling.
well next time you are at a servo being robbed by a gang of Sudanese thugs or a bomb has been let off by some middle eastern dude upset because he was turned back at an Australian airport on his way to fight overseas you can debate if he was dodgey or dodgy, or better still how did he get here in the first place.

last time I checked you don't use a capital G in grammar, if you don't understand the point of my message maybe I can explain it a little more simply for you?
Butthereisatthebegginingofasentenceandafullstopattheend.

well next time you are at a servo being robbed by a gang of Sudanese thugs or a bomb has been let off by some middle eastern dude upset because he was turned back at an Australian airport on his way to fight overseas you can debate if he was dodgey or dodgy, or better still how did he get here in the first place.

:( If I get robbed by a bunch of bogans on meth will that be a better outcome for me?

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Can you believe I have lived in this country and not once been robbed by Sudanese thugs?

# oneinamillion

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
Can you believe I have lived in this country and not once been robbed by Sudanese thugs?

# oneinamillion
neither have I, i also do not work at a servo or a 7/11. Have you been to the footy and spent ages getting in because of bag checks, have you noticed our cities have changed with big concrete blocks everywhere, have you by chance noticed a lot more middle eastern gun crimes in the suburbs ?

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
just so im sure outback jack and cartwright live in the real world what would you do about 'australian' citizens that turn up at our airports and have planned to go overseas and fight for isis?

just so im sure outback jack and cartwright live in the real world what would you do about 'australian' citizens that turn up at our airports and have planned to go overseas and fight for isis?
I think there's a balance between protecting our borders, and being deliberately inhumane to already vulnerable people, and I don't think Dutton, or this government have even tried to reach a balance between the two.

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
I think there's a balance between protecting our borders, and being deliberately inhumane to already vulnerable people, and I don't think Dutton, or this government have even tried to reach a balance between the two.
I agree I think both have been handled badly, my main gripe is there are literally millions of deserving, suffering,wonderful people around the world who are oppressed or have a terrible life who would love to get to this country and would make wonderful citizens yet we seem to be getting criminals and fanatics who just live of the system and abuse the system while (I will bring out this old chestnut) our pensioners and homeless struggle.

Ummm we have laws that deal with that kind of thing.

Dutton wants to paint all 'australian' citizens with the same brush, for nothing more than political purposes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back