Peter Dutton - How Long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dutton and Ley. The LNP dream team.
With any luck now that the Liberals are operating such blatant quotas with their leadership team it might filter down into the party room and branch level, and we aren't left with a complete hack like Sussssan Ley ending up in a position like this just because she's a woman.

I give him two years of bad polling before Tehan or someone mounts a challenge.

Meanwhile, The Age have already started the brazen cheerleading for him, although I'm not sure their headline is all that convincing:

View attachment 1411845

Only an opinion piece that got an absolute caning from the comments about it. Another example of modern Australian journalism.

Meanwhile, The Age have already started the brazen cheerleading for him, although I'm not sure their headline is all that convincing:

View attachment 1411845

I agree that we should give him a go...at failing.

It'll be interesting to see if Dutton still supports the stage 3 tax cuts given that chief beneficiaries of them are going to be in the electorates that turned their backs on the Libs in vast numbers.
Doubt he would switch on it, it still benefits him personally. And it would kill future attack lines against Labor for being "pro taxation"

View attachment 1411845
A Journalist putting the full stop on how out of touch with the average person they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dutto has accepted the poisoned chalice, no-one else in the Libs was dumb enough to hoist the leaders baton at this low ebb. Fair play to them.

His laughable efforts to re-invent himself as a lovable family man with a terrific sense of humour and sense of social justice are as doomed to fail, just as Scummo 2.0 (bulldozer lite) failed. A turd in a suit is still a turd.

Dutton has two choices. He can either cave to the SADness and go hard right and condemn the Libs to likely internal split A la the DLP and political oblivion, or he can try to change his spots and veer to the centre. He has the skills and track record only to achieve the former.

He is a place holder in Australian political history. I give him two years of minor celebrity before someone's ambition gets ahead of their reality and challenge him roughly a year out from the next election.

Dutto has accepted the poisoned chalice, no-one else in the Libs was dumb enough to hoist the leaders baton at this low ebb. Fair play to them.

His laughable efforts to re-invent himself as a lovable family man with a terrific sense of humour and sense of social justice are as doomed to fail, just as Scummo 2.0 (bulldozer lite) failed. A turd in a suit is still a turd.

Dutton has two choices. He can either cave to the SADness and go hard right and condemn the Libs to likely internal split A la the DLP and political oblivion, or he can try to change his spots and veer to the centre. He has the skills and track record only to achieve the former.

He is a place holder in Australian political history. I give him two years of minor celebrity before someone's ambition gets ahead of their reality and challenge him roughly a year out from the next election.
In any other circumstances I would agree with you but who could replace Dutton as Liberal leader that would more acceptable to the voter and be seen as a legit leader?

Not a great start to leadership when your first comments are "now I know you all think I'm a monster, BUT..."

In any other circumstances I would agree with you but who could replace Dutton as Liberal leader that would more acceptable to the voter and be seen as a legit leader?
I don't think the next LIb PM is yet in the parliament. (assuming they don't split and become a minor party, which is possible)

To answer your question - I think the only tenable leaders they had got Tealwiped. Is there an up and coming 'wet' woman (I use term advisedly) who could possibly ascend? I cant think of one.

I don't think the next LIb PM is yet in the parliament. (assuming they don't split and become a minor party, which is possible)

To answer your question - I think the only tenable leaders they had got Tealwiped. Is there an up and coming 'wet' woman (I use term advisedly) who could possibly ascend? I cant think of one.
Bridget Archer
Voted against some of the Morrison policies (more than any other current liberal)
Voted in favor of Helen Haines' ICAC proposal
Managed to increase her local vote during this election

Not a great start to leadership when your first comments are "now I know you all think I'm a monster, BUT..."
It's also not a great start to a leadership when the first notable words of your initial address are along the lines of ' we will have to clean up Labor's inevitable mess'

This coming from a senior member of a dysfunctional, corrupt, inept government which has landed us in generational debt.

'the hypocrisy is strong in this one'

Bridget Archer
Voted against some of the Morrison policies (more than any other current liberal)
Was she the one dragged into a 'friendly' meeting with the whip, which became a dressing down by scummo? Member for umm... Bass? Yep, possible, but not unless the Libs veer to the centre.

Bridget Archer
She was the first who crossed my mind too but I just can't so her being acceptable to the party room, she night as well be Red Emma to some in there. That she's Tasmanian is unhelpful too

She was the first who crossed my mind too but I just can't so her being acceptable to the party room, she night as well be Red Emma to some in there. That she's Tasmanian is unhelpful too
Agreed. she has more in common with the Teals than Dutton or the SADness

No one within the current Liberal party room is more acceptable to the electorate.

But it won't stop someone with ambition and lack of self awareness from trying.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Bridget Archer
I'm a little surprised Archer even stayed in the party. I heard Lambie was courting her. When Archer realises the Libs are going to go even further to the right and condemn themselves to oblivion, I hope she strikes out on her own.

Ahh the 'forgotten Australians…'

images

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 2.42.57 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back