Peter Dutton - How Long?

Remove this Banner Ad

In one breath he's trying to convince us that the Libs are the party of the workers, the next that the ALP have drifted to far left. He all over the place like a mad woman's knitting.
gotta go all over the place to find the new base, once he finds it then the messaging will settle.

Apart from the obvious s**t show on the rest
How does stuart robert get a gig? he is as dumb as dog s**t, does he know where the skeletons are buried
Whilst being shadow assistant treasurer is still leagues above his ability, that is a massive demotion from having his own portfolios to being Angus Taylor’s helper

Whilst being shadow assistant treasurer is still leagues above his ability, that is a massive demotion from having his own portfolios to being Angus Taylor’s helper
He is not fit to be the tea lady

Opposition Leader Peter Dutton unveiled his frontbench on Sunday afternoon, saying the Coalition has an “incredible depth of talent” and he has brought forward some former backbenchers for new opportunities, while some allies of former prime minister Scott Morrison were demoted.

Dutton takes his first dive into his Incredible Depth of Talent™

Fathers Day Swimming GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos's Funniest Home Videos

Are we sure he didn't mean "incredible dearth of talent"?

Dutton and his shadow Energy Minister want to explore Nuclear Energy in Australia, based on a survey by the IPA that states 53% of Aussies support NE.

FFS!

This is exactly why they find themselves in opposition. NFI.

10 women in the ministry is a massive improvement

off mem the onion eater only had one in cabinet at one point
He also appointed himself the minister for womens affairs rather then Julie Bishop

He also appointed himself the minister for womens affairs rather then Julie Bishop
And when asked what his greatest achievement was as Minister for Women, the best he could come up with was scrapping the carbon "tax".

I give him two years of bad polling before Tehan or someone mounts a challenge.

Meanwhile, The Age have already started the brazen cheerleading for him, although I'm not sure their headline is all that convincing:

View attachment 1411845
She's urging us to give him a go when we, the people, demolished his party at the election less than a month ago?

I was very pleased to hear that useful idiot, internet expenses fraudster and happy clapper Stuart Robert has been dropped from shadow cabinet and demoted to shadow assistant treasurer. I hope never to see his stupid face on telly again (except when he gets dragged before the Robodebt Royal Commission).

She's urging us to give him a go when we, the people, demolished his party at the election less than a month ago?

I was very pleased to hear that useful idiot, internet expenses fraudster and happy clapper Stuart Robert has been dropped from shadow cabinet and demoted to shadow assistant treasurer. I hope never to see his stupid face on telly again (except when he gets dragged before the Robodebt Royal Commission).

I have to say that Stuart Robert is on a pretty good wicket considering that's he's a quintessential dullard.

The people of Fadden would vote in a cardboard cutout if it had the LNP logo plastered on it, and TBH a cardboard cutout would be no less capable and certainly less damaging to the country's interests than Stuart Robert is.

Playing wedge politics on nuclear power is so stupid you could be forgiven for thinking the idea came from the mind of a junior Queensland copper

we need a solution to our power issues in the next ten years, so their solution is a tech that takes up to 2 decades to get rocking and rolling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can't even say 'sorry', just that he was wrong to walk out on the apology.
By his logic - you don't apologise for something until it's fixed.
He should explain that to Tim Smith. He apologised but his mess is still not fixed.

we need a solution to our power issues in the next ten years, so their solution is a tech that takes up to 2 decades to get rocking and rolling

Also nuclear power plants are expensive to build and maintain, and if they're not properly maintained, well...

I don't hate nuclear power in principle, but the time to implement it would have been in the 1970s, before nuclear power became political poison.

My knowledge of this topic is cursory, but you'd slowly have to transition from coal/LNG to a combination of hydrogen/biofuels/wind/solar over a decade, with some coal/LNG remaining to pick up the slack where the others couldn't. Naturally, you'd use different renewables at different locations.

That would also strangle the influence of coal and gas producers over our electricity prices.

Which equals more time to sell coal and gas.

The Liberals will promote anything to chop renewables out of the mix and sell more coal and gas. Invest in more coal and gas. Eliminate all competition to coal and gas.

The Liberals are entirely captured.

The irony is that if they had this brainwave in 2013 and committed funding to it, it'd be so far advanced by now that an incoming Labor government would have had little choice but to continue it.

The irony is that if they had this brainwave in 2013 and committed funding to it, it'd be so far advanced by now that an incoming Labor government would have had little choice but to continue it.
Which shows that it's just another red-herring for them to object to investment in renewables.

Dutton will never, ever be a preferred PM in Victoria. I wonder how long the LNP will pretend that an electoral strategy of winning regional Qld seats at the expense of seats in Melbourne and Sydney is a winning strategy. I wonder if Dutton will bother to be part of the pivot when it comes, or he'll just plow along Matthew-Guy style into a second failure on the same policy platform.

I will say however if we are definitely going to have nuke boats, we should have some nuke reactors. lucas heights isnt enough for us to develop the training and knowledge base of talent we will need to support our vessels (so far most online pundits keep saying "get them to migrate in from the UK!!!)

I wonder if Dutton will bother to be part of the pivot when it comes, or he'll just plow along Matthew-Guy style into a second failure on the same policy platform.
Do you need to ask that question? Some old dogs can be taught new tricks, but Dutton is not one of them. In certain he'll try a similar strategy to Tony Abbott again. Thing is, that only works if Labor are incompetent, or tearing themselves apart, or the public is extremely ignorant on major issues of the day like climate change mitigation. But I think Albanese's ministers are competent, Labor have learned from the Rudd-Gillard era, and the reality of climate change is increasingly staring everyone in the face.

So I don't see Dutton succeeding. I figure most ambitious people in the Liberal Party have made that calculation too, and are using him as cannon fodder while the new government is in its honeymoon phase.

I will say however if we are definitely going to have nuke boats, we should have some nuke reactors. lucas heights isnt enough for us to develop the training and knowledge base of talent we will need to support our vessels (so far most online pundits keep saying "get them to migrate in from the UK!!!)
That's probably correct, but let's not pretend it's going to lower emissions or energy prices until 2040 at the very earliest. And considering how much the cost of renewable energy production has been falling over time, I don't think it's going to lower energy prices even then.

Do you need to ask that question? Some old dogs can be taught new tricks, but Dutton is not one of them. In certain he'll try a similar strategy to Tony Abbott again. Thing is, that only works if Labor are incompetent, or tearing themselves apart, or the public is extremely ignorant on major issues of the day like climate change mitigation. But I think Albanese's ministers are competent, Labor have learned from the Rudd-Gillard era, and the reality of climate change is increasingly staring everyone in the face.

So I don't see Dutton succeeding. I figure most ambitious people in the Liberal Party have made that calculation too, and are using him as cannon fodder while the new government is in its honeymoon phase.

That's probably correct, but let's not pretend it's going to lower emissions or energy prices until 2040 at the very earliest. And considering how much the cost of renewable energy production has been falling over time, I don't think it's going to lower energy prices even then.
Oh, everyone in the Liberal Party is chockers with ambition. But which of them has the ability to lead a Govt? Though Morrison did prove that having blind ambition and zero talent is more than enough to lead a political party in this country and win an election. Bloody Queenslanders.

Dutton is an idiot. If he thinks he can win back power on the subject of submarines after the s**t show he delivered he is dumber than I even thought.

If the Albanese government were to divert from the plan already in motion, it would risk national security, Mr Dutton alleged.

“I hope they can reconsider because they’re making all sorts of excuses at the moment,” he said.

“I always had my suspicion that Labor was never truly supportive of AUKUS … they look like they might be starting to walk down that path.”

Dutton is an idiot. If he thinks he can win back power on the subject of submarines after the s**t show he delivered he is dumber than I even thought.

If the Albanese government were to divert from the plan already in motion, it would risk national security, Mr Dutton alleged.

“I hope they can reconsider because they’re making all sorts of excuses at the moment,” he said.

“I always had my suspicion that Labor was never truly supportive of AUKUS … they look like they might be starting to walk down that path.”

This guy is deadset delusional and a genuine threat to our national security. He just loves playing politics with serious national defence issues.

This guy is deadset delusional and a genuine threat to our national security. He just loves playing politics with serious national defence issues.
It actually highlights how out of touch they are. I think they are so used to deciding the narrative in cohorts with the conservative media that they can just decide what the news of the day is going to be.

They are going to slowly find out how irrelevant they are. The attendance at Angus Taylors press conference the other day should be all the proof they need.

Murdoch and co have cooked their goose. It is over for them. No one cares what they want to talk about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back