Peter Dutton - How Long?

Remove this Banner Ad

He has all the political nous of a Queensland copper, I mean seriously what did anyone expect?
The big question about the opposition this term is that we'll find out who's really in charge. In Victoria, we know the lunatics run the asylum, they're going back to African gangs and I'm sure it's not long until the homophobia comes out. It's because the evangelicals run the state LNP.

Will the Qld LNP continue to dominate the Liberal Party nation-wide and continue with policies which see them lose seats like Goldstein, Kooyong, Warringah Wentworth and Northern Beaches?? Toorak, Briiighton and Point Piper are all now not Liberal seats. Those are the places where the Liberal Party has been run from for their entire existence.

Now, it seems like it will either continue to be run from the Shire or from the outer suburbs of Brisbane. With nary a mention of the old power base. Can that old power base bring the party back, or have they abandoned it?

I really wouldn't be surprised to see another conservative party emerge which is basically the Teals, but with funding from multiple billionaires, not just one anti-climate one. Perhaps they form an alliance with Labor?

The broad church of the Australian Conservatives is going to splinter even more.

He has put Labor in a position where they cannot trust him to keep his mouth shut, and have to look like hypocrites by not sharing intelligence with him.

4D chess, bruh.
Imagine Albanese came out and publicly stated "we are not sure we can trust Dutton with national security briefings" and started seeking assurances.

Conservatives would collectively lose their s**t in an unprecedented manner - do it :p

The big question about the opposition this term is that we'll find out who's really in charge. In Victoria, we know the lunatics run the asylum, they're going back to African gangs and I'm sure it's not long until the homophobia comes out. It's because the evangelicals run the state LNP.

Will the Qld LNP continue to dominate the Liberal Party nation-wide and continue with policies which see them lose seats like Goldstein, Kooyong, Warringah Wentworth and Northern Beaches?? Toorak, Briiighton and Point Piper are all now not Liberal seats. Those are the places where the Liberal Party has been run from for their entire existence.

Now, it seems like it will either continue to be run from the Shire or from the outer suburbs of Brisbane. With nary a mention of the old power base. Can that old power base bring the party back, or have they abandoned it?

I really wouldn't be surprised to see another conservative party emerge which is basically the Teals, but with funding from multiple billionaires, not just one anti-climate one. Perhaps they form an alliance with Labor?

The broad church of the Australian Conservatives is going to splinter even more.
The fact that the silver spoon Liberal Party has allowed themselves to be overrun by a bunch of suburban Christian Right bogans is pretty funny.

You could not find a more narrow church.

The fact that the silver spoon Liberal Party has allowed themselves to be overrun by a bunch of suburban Christian Right bogans is pretty funny.

You could not find a more narrow church.
I think I found it....
770e827da97978ee47d05274d4009cb3.jpg

I think it's great. The LNP are talking complete and utter garbage. Not only are they wrong, everyone thinks they wasted billions on subs, the whole thing is a debacle. The fact that the LNP think this is still a winning topic for them just shows how out of touch they really are. Anyone who knows about subs knows they completely f'd up and nobody else cares.

I think the best we can all do is continue to ignore them. Which, more importantly means that their sycophantic reporters will get less clicks and many will lose their jobs. Can you imagine what Phil Coorey's career will look like when the best leak he can get is from a bunch of opposition back-benchers offices about irrelevant LNP infighting?

Let the LNP and Murdoch/Costello keep banging on about stuff nobody cares about and we'll enjoy their slide into oblivion while the ALP gets on with the job.

Even if tempted to click on an article to see how stupid it is, resist.

I guess we care about ‘oh the waste’ though

I'm old enough to remember when Peter Dutton said they didn't consult Labor on the AUKUS agreement (when the yanks asked them to) because the ALP couldn't be trusted with secrets.

Now he's going to cry and whinge every time the ALP don't consult him on things because he goes and cries to the media about national security secrets.

The man is far less competent than I thought.

Everyone thought he was going to be a great opposition leader, just attacking like Abbott (then woeful in Govt). Well Dutton has the woeful in Govt part sorted, but geez he's missing the mark when it comes to being a good attack dog.

He's spending his whole time reminding people how badly the LNP stuffed up a bunch of things.

I don't think he'll last past 3 opinion polls. The LNP aren't used to not being the preferred PM.

He always struck me as a dumb fecker and nothing has revised my view. He’s like tha ssshole who gets made capt of a team because if he wasn’t hed devote his limited talents to undermine the capt
Come to think of it that’s most lib leaders

The Liberal Party are frankly outright dangerous. Their Trump like obsessions with retail domestic politics designed for nothing more than winning election campaigns is so shortsighted and irresponsible. And the whole time they get encouraged by the echo chamber that is Sky and Co.

This is a quote from the attached article;

“Politicians shouldn’t be doing this publicly … My view is it’s not particularly helpful. The US will be thinking ‘what are these guys doing’.”

This cannot continue.

The Liberal Party are frankly outright dangerous. Their Trump like obsessions with retail domestic politics designed for nothing more than winning election campaigns is so shortsighted and irresponsible. And the whole time they get encouraged by the echo chamber that is Sky and Co.

“Politicians shouldn’t be doing this publicly … My view is it’s not particularly helpful. The US will be thinking ‘what are these guys doing’.”

This cannot continue.

Don't worry about it mate, they have fallen through the floor.

This cannot continue.

Surely somehow Sky and Murdoch lose their licence to broadcast and print media within the next few years. They've openly stated that they are not journalists and are there for entertainment purposes. Continuously encouraging hatred and stoking the flame eventually causes real world damage corrupting the narrow minded, which in extreme cases leads to the NZ mosque/Jan 6 type events.

It wouldn't surprise me if leading up to the election, Paul Murray says that Dan Andrews deserves to be shot and one of the 45% of nutjobs who voted for LNP/ON/UAP in the Federal election go and attempt it. Iirc there have already been 2 attempts at harm to DA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely somehow Sky and Murdoch lose their licence to broadcast and print media within the next few years. They've openly stated that they are not journalists and are there for entertainment purposes. Continuously encouraging hatred and stoking the flame eventually causes real world damage corrupting the narrow minded, which in extreme cases leads to the NZ mosque/Jan 6 type events.

It wouldn't surprise me if leading up to the election, Paul Murray says that Dan Andrews deserves to be shot and one of the 45% of nutjobs who voted for LNP/ON/UAP in the Federal election go and attempt it. Iirc there have already been 2 attempts at harm to DA.
I am not sure why Labor go on their shows. Morrison banned the ABC - why is Albanese accomodating Sky?

Imagine Albanese came out and publicly stated "we are not sure we can trust Dutton with national security briefings" and started seeking assurances.

Conservatives would collectively lose their s**t in an unprecedented manner - do it :p

I'd be more interested to watch the Sky 'lose' brigade, Blot, Crudlin & whoever

It'd be best comedy show on TV, pure gold!!! :D

This cannot continue.

You see it in their immediate response to the election result. Not "we accept the publics decision, we will review our policies to see where we went wrong, we will work with the ALP government towards a better Australia" - no, it's all about going on the defense and undermining the government which has barely even been sworn in let alone had time to undertake any reforms let alone had time for those reforms to take effect. They take the name "opposition" literally as though it is a football game and their sole aim is to win - by any means necessary.

Exactly it's just legitimising them. Just boycott the nuffies, don't enable them.

Its an attempt at somt sore of unity. ie The Government being 'even handed'

Its pointless really. The Mud-och organisation (of which the LNP is just a small department) would rather trash the country than give up power in a democratic process like an election.

Fancy the smelly public voting the natural born leaders out!! How dare they!!

Potato heads comment re the US Virginia class Subs is typical of that attitude. Who cares what damage is done as long as the Spud causes damage somewhere.

If that were an ALP comment, then all media hell would break lose. They'd be labelled as traitors.

Its an attempt at somt sore of unity. ie The Government being 'even handed'

Its pointless really. The Mud-och organisation (of which the LNP is just a small department) would rather trash the country than give up power in a democratic process like an election.

Fancy the smelly public voting the natural born leaders out!! How dare they!!

Potato heads comment re the US Virginia class Subs is typical of that attitude. Who cares what damage is done as long as the Spud causes damage somewhere.

If that were an ALP comment, then all media hell would break lose. They'd be labelled as traitors.
Front page of the Oz had boats from Sri Lanka as the main story with the January 6 riots relegated to a small story in the corner pointing you to the World section if you want to read about Trump's failed coup. It's embarrassing.

Last edited:

Living in the outer suburbs of Brisbane, I can confidently say that they're too politically disengaged to reliably prop up any political party.

And who cares about the Shire?

One thing we do know about the “who is in charge” argument is Sydney will not be taking directions from Dutton.

Queensland is just a reliable and useful block of votes for the LNP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back