Peter Dutton - How Long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Often they are quite charming. I must be at odds with voters, but I don’t see an ounce of charm in the likes of potato and beetroot
He will not have to face the voters for almost 3 years. He won't be there when the next Federal election comes around as he is a visible reminder of the utterly corrupt and incompetent Morrison government the voters turfed out this year.

Until then he's just the sort of no clue fool the Libs want to run spoiler on every policy issue the new Government is running with as he appeals to the few supporters they still have - especially in Queensland.

He will not have to face the voters for almost 3 years. He won't be there when the next Federal election comes around as he is a visible reminder of the utterly corrupt and incompetent Morrison government the voters turfed out this year.

Until then he's just the sort of no clue fool the Libs want to run spoiler on every policy issue the new Government is running with as he appeals to the few supporters they still have - especially in Queensland.
well, i hope he is there as it'll be a liberal wipe out if he is. he's the same dirty dutton who has learnt nothing from the last election. has had a personality by-pass, and has little 2 no appealing traits. and the libs r so bereft of talent whose gunna replace him? i mean, his failed and equally dumb deputy?

Who will they have for 2025? I actually have no idea who it will be, I assume it will be decided Dutton isn’t right wing enough before then, and why they are not doing well in polls.

thanks former defence minister/ liberals.

This procurement decision goes back decades - and covers the time that includes the Rudd/Gillard governments. It is part of a long trail of DoD major project failures covering both Labor and Coalition governments that Rex Patrick brought up time and time again when he was an SA senator.

It is a friggin disgrace that Rex Patrick is not in the Australian Parliament now shining a light on this scandalous waste of taxpayers money and SA has idiots like Liberal Senator Alex Antic representing them instead.

The twitter discussion under Rex's original tweet makes for interesting reading btw. How the feck anyone could think DoD could pull off the shift to nuclear powered subs (the only country without nuclear industry to do so) when they have not delivered one major defence project on time, on budget and more importantly - ability to meet operational requirements - in the past three decades beggars belief.

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 1.46.44 pm.png

Last edited:
Who will they have for 2025? I actually have no idea who it will be, I assume it will be decided Dutton isn’t right wing enough before then, and why they are not doing well in polls.
I suppose they could get an actual Nazi? Oh wait they did that.
Perhaps Deves could be made leader & campaign on a platform of being allowed to torture & kill woke leftists & make Rupert Emperor of the world for life.

Maybe get that idiot the Member for Manila George whatsisname out of retirement?

Right-wing enough for the News Corpse barrackers?

Nor Crusader Abbott.

I don’t mind his personality. Apparently he and Gillard got on well before nutting heads over the benches. I wonder how they go now?

I’m of the belief that either Abbott or Turnbull would have handled the pandemic better

Last edited:
I don’t mind his personality. Apparently he and Gillard got on well before nutting heads over the benches. I wonder how they go now?
He strikes me as the sort of bloke I would not want to be anywhere near.
I’m of the belief that either Abbott or Turnbull would have handled the pandemic better
Me too. Either of them. (And that is about the only positive thing I will ever say about bloody Tony Abbott.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sussan Ley ! :tearsofjoy: or the other bimbo Nola Marino :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: It'll probably be Alex Hawke though, maybe even Paul Fletcher - they're f***ed !!

Oh yeah Alex "lets bring covid to Australia!" Hawke, and Toxic Tudge. Great nominations. The fact that a sufficient number of people voted for SusSan Ley or the donkey preferences in her seat shows the truth of the adage "you know how dumb the average person is - by definition half of them are dumber than that."

Abbot wasn’t liked generally while Nelson was leader. I’m not sure the extreme negativity Abbott/credlin brought would work again
Electorate may have moved on and people can see the effects of climate emergency more clearly now, including those who lost seats to teals and greens
It’s no longer just inner city labor seats transferring to greens

And that’s why you got the teals. Decades of the increasingly more reactionary RW Liberals taking more right wing cultural positions (most noticeably the SSM debate) without realising those “inner city latte sipping uni educated w*nkers” as they labelled them were solid Liberal voters. When a group of independents came along who were like “we’ll uphold upper class tax breaks but no religious bullsh*t” the inner city wealthy found their natural politcial home.

The Liberals are obsessed with going more religiously and culturally right wing to go after those migrants and poorer voters in outer suburban electorates, but these are solid Labor voters from poorer backgrounds who know of the Liberals reputation for favouring the upper class. The Liberals can try to run an astroturfing “supposedly left on money but hard right on social issues” third party in the outer suburban seats ala the teals in the wealthy areas, but in a way they already have. It’s called One Nation, and it failed to pick up more than 5% of the vote. Similar populist far right parties like UAP, Family First and the “Freedom” parties similarly never take off.

It’s why Albo was quite nuanced in his Pell death statement. Sure we would’ve loved for Albo to slaughter Pell (and deep down he probably does) but he knows he can’t appear too anti Catholic.
Won’t it be noice when we have a PM that outright says, “I don’t believe in god, jesus, muhammed etc etc, let’s bloody get on with it”.
Albo is a mick btw!!

Won’t it be noice when we have a PM that outright says, “I don’t believe in god, jesus, muhammed etc etc, let’s bloody get on with it”.

We had that with Gillard, and she copped criticism for it

And that was before the RC into Child Abuse, which is what reality turns religion against her. Interesting to see 13 years later if the same level of anti atheist sentiment exists in Australia. My guess is no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back