Peter Forrest

Remove this Banner Ad

joey burns tons up. my only concern with him is that he plays away from his body a bit. can get exposed by international bowlers, such as dale steyn and co.

Can't believe this guy is getting a game in the ODIs. His strike is woeful and if he continues to get picked he will cost us games. Ferguson might not be the best first class batsmen going around but he's twice the player Forrest is in one dayers.

Don't forget, if anyone in our T20 batting line-up gets injured, or sick, or whatever and misses a game, we'll get to see Forrest playing for us in T20's as well! :eek:

Did well enough in the Big Bash. Will only play as a last resort, it would be silly to send someone over for 1 game.

Didn't Forrest play well in the Big Bash?
For him, in terms of playing in a short form of the game, where he generally bats far too slowly (List A strike rate of 62, ODI strike rate of 66, T20 strike rate of 122), I guess you could say he did well, but overall you wouldn't pick someone for a national side as a result of his tournament. Not unless you were tanking, or picking someone purely because you want to develop them in that form of the game.

20 others scored more than him for the tournament and many, many others (30+, out of those who made 60+ runs for the tournament) had better strike rates than him, some by quite a lot. Overall, even the likes of Henriques, Andrew McDonald, Marcus North, Klinger, Maddinson and even Matty Hayden had better overall batting tournaments than Forrest and even Johan Botha had a significantly better batting average and strike rate (albeit from 3 less games) than Pete did.

Compared to the best performed for the tournament, Forrest was very middle of the road in all batting regards: Total runs scored- 154 from 7 innings (the most was 345 from 8, by Birt), batting average- 25.66 (the best, by those eligible to play for Australia, was Mitch Marsh on 51 (not counting the 117 of Shaun Marsh, who only played two games, or the 102 not out in Warner's only innings) and strike rate of 125 (the best of the "locals" was Birt with 168 (again not counting the 167 of Shaun Marsh or 200 of Warner).

As I said previously, if they're too tight to pay for someone who actually deserves to be in the squad to go over, I dare say they'd pay their own way, if CA gave them the option. I know I'd pay my own fare if it meant even the chance of playing a game for Australia, if I was someone like Finch (who has top scored for Australia in his last two T20 internationals and only been dismissed once in his 3 innings for Australia- and on that occasion he was on fire, but was run out by Dussey), or Birt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt be suprised if Bailey does play the tests. The selectors have been quite consistent selecting players on form.

Bailey >>> Forrest for the tests - there is no question.

How'd he get picked to begin with? Using the ODI arena as testing ground for Test Cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back