Peter Gordon explores Swiss appeal and injunction on suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how the bulldogs board feels about Gordon going out and acting like a dickhead.

I'm certainly not enjoying it, and just wish he would leave it to the players to make statements

Acting like a dickhead, huh !, he is actually acting like a decent human being.

Western Bulldogs president and lawyer Peter Gordon recently said the reasoning behind the suspensions imposed by CAS contained "factual errors".

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...as-verdict-20160204-gmm8fb.html#ixzz3zH87s6sh

As i said he is a decent person and a decent lawyer.

At a glance i bet he knows way more than you.

Gordon said the players had initially fallen under the 2010 AFL anti-doping code, which stipulated that rulings could only be appealed if the decision involved legal error or gross unreasonableness. But he said the upgraded AFL anti-doping code unveiled in January last year – when the case before the AFL anti-doping tribunal was underway – allowed CAS to pursue the entire case again.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...as-verdict-20160204-gmm8fb.html#ixzz3zHImc83m

Didn't Bruce Francis say this ?

Didn't Peter Gordon save Footscray, the underdog, from oblivion and extinction, i think he knows when people have been badly treated, there is no doubt the Essendon players have been, didn't Peter Gordon donate 1 million to the Dogs.

The man is a decent football man and a decent human, i think he knows when people have been shafted, CAS sure shafted Essendon, they even took 30,00o Swiss $$ home with them, the amount they fined the AFL and the players.

I wonder if they hid the money in a Swiss bank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone who has studied law in Switzerland at a master's level I can safely say: these campaigners are stuffed. :D

giphy.gif

Gordon said the players had initially fallen under the 2010 AFL anti-doping code, which stipulated that rulings could only be appealed if the decision involved legal error or gross unreasonableness. But he said the upgraded AFL anti-doping code unveiled in January last year – when the case before the AFL anti-doping tribunal was underway – allowed CAS to pursue the entire case again.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...as-verdict-20160204-gmm8fb.html#ixzz3zHImc83m

Didn't Bruce Francis say this ?

Didn't Peter Gordon save Footscray, the underdog, from oblivion and extinction, i think he knows when people have been badly treated, there is no doubt the Essendon players have been, didn't Peter Gordon donate 1 million to the Dogs.

The man is a decent football man and a decent human, i think he knows when people have been shafted, CAS sure shafted Essendon, they even took 30,00o Swiss $$ home with them, the amount they fined the AFL and the players.

I wonder if they hid the money in a Swiss bank.

Actually the 2010 anti doping code said no such thing, the AFL appeals tribunal procedures said that, however CAS is bound by its procedures not the AFL appeals tribunal procedures.

These grounds have been discussed here previously and found to be in error, CAS hearing cases de novo has gone to the Swiss surpeme court previously and they found CAS has the right to hear cases de novo.

Paragraph 114 of the award highlights the reason why CAS has this power, those precedent cases cited all got appealed, all failed.

He might be a decent football man, but suspect his comments are more PR than serious legal comments.

No. Graduate from Switzerland. Suck it up princess. You're stuffed. Throwing good money after bad.

Your fancy lawyer talk baffles me, please explain ?.

Even if you think you are innocent and for all we know you may be, we will crush you, nice one manboob :thumbsu:

Your fancy lawyer talk baffles me, please explain ?.

Even if you think you are innocent and for all we know you may be, we will crush you, nice one manboob :thumbsu:
Players are about as innocent as you are a Collingwood supporter.

1 AUD = 0.713657 CHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back