Traded Peter Ladhams and #16 traded to Sydney for #12 and F3

Remove this Banner Ad

Georgiades isn’t a ruck.
And Ladhams played 17 games this year versus Hayes 0.
Hayes could well overtake him, but that might take some time as Hayes is younger and coming back from a aclZ

you seem to have less than zero idea of our list and players so I’m unsure why you’re making statements.
Oh well.
Evens up Aliir trade?

Seems a decent deal for the swans.. getting pick 16 as well. Unless I’m missing something… just not sure the swans needed him. Where’s mcdonald and McLean gonna fit in?
McLean and McDonald will be competing for the same spot. One of them will be best 22, and both will likely play whenever we rest Buddy.

I don't think Ladhams has much impact on either of them. It's probably actually a good thing for McLean. He looks promising as a forward, but he's not a viable ruck option. Allows us to forget about that, and focus on his forward craft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney would have done the same to us if roles were reversed. They have form when it comes to low-balling us.

Our last list manager was obsessed with "good relationships" and it had disastrous results so I just switch off when I hear people blathering on about it being something that actually matters.

Dogs hated us over the Talia thing and bidding on JUH but were more than happy to swap 17 with us for points. People babbl8ng about broken relationships and hurt feeling are no better than children.

Dogs hated us over the Talia thing and bidding on JUH but were more than happy to swap 17 with us for points. People babbl8ng about broken relationships and hurt feeling are no better than children.
Yep these are professionals. It’s literally their job to make deals to better their club in any given year. If it’s right for your club you move on and deal with anyone.

Well ok I'll concede, he might not even get to the end of his contract with those couple of drug strikes over his head already...
Players will mature, not all have the determination and discipline early in their careers, he’s a talented Ruckman , can be an effective forward too when on song.

This has big Preuss to Melbourne vibes.

Ladhams a capable ruckman, but I doubt you recruit him to be a backup.

Only a minor move back for Sydney, but no idea why they’d take him from a TPP POV. They have a glut of young players they’re going to need to re-sign over the next couple of years.

McLean and McDonald will be competing for the same spot. One of them will be best 22, and both will likely play whenever we rest Buddy.

I don't think Ladhams has much impact on either of them. It's probably actually a good thing for McLean. He looks promising as a forward, but he's not a viable ruck option. Allows us to forget about that, and focus on his forward craft.
McLean, McDonald and a ruck in the same forward line is about as immobile as it gets, good luck to the smalls chasing to keep the ball locked in.

But I think Ladhams is a good move to get done now, takes the pressure off Hickey and ensures there's a transition plan in place, and takes the pressure off McDonald too.

Might be tricky to keep McLean and Amartey as forward/ruck depth players given they're now squeezed for games but signing them both for 2 more years is smart and losing one of those might not hurt too much.

The most confusing thing to me is signing big Cal Sinclair as 3rd ruck/forward or a 5th key forward option but not having a deal for Sam Reid. Give me the injured but talented key forward over the nothing ruckman/forward any day of the week.

Feel like there’s a little something in the gws / essendon one at the moment but they’ll get over it.

This has big Preuss to Melbourne vibes.

Ladhams a capable ruckman, but I doubt you recruit him to be a backup.

Only a minor move back for Sydney, but no idea why they’d take him from a TPP POV. They have a glut of young players they’re going to need to re-sign over the next couple of years.
Gawn wasn't about to be 31 like Hickey is when Preuss signed. Ideally Swans might've waited a year but it's better to go a year early on ruck depth than a year late.

And also Melbourne signed Preuss to develop him. The idea was to play him with Gawn which didn't work out, but we bought him to get him fit (he lost 10kg) and give him proper ruck coaching. Then we sold him off to GWS at a profit.

McLean, McDonald and a ruck in the same forward line is about as immobile as it gets, good luck to the smalls chasing to keep the ball locked in.

But I think Ladhams is a good move to get done now, takes the pressure off Hickey and ensures there's a transition plan in place, and takes the pressure off McDonald too.

Might be tricky to keep McLean and Amartey as forward/ruck depth players given they're now squeezed for games but signing them both for 2 more years is smart and losing one of those might not hurt too much.

The most confusing thing to me is signing big Cal Sinclair as 3rd ruck/forward or a 5th key forward option but not having a deal for Sam Reid. Give me the injured but talented key forward over the nothing ruckman/forward any day of the week.
Is it? Don't think it's much less mobile than Brown, McDonald, and Jackson.

Ladhams is very agile for a man of his size, and I suspect he, and McDonald will push up the ground to isolate Buddy, McLean, or Heeney inside 50 with Wicks, Papley, and Hayward there to provide pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back