Traded Peter Ladhams and #16 traded to Sydney for #12 and F3

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure this has been discussed, haven't read this entire thread, but could it be that Port have thrown Ladhams name up due to the Dawson factor, and the fact that they had no draft capital that would be suitable to trade for him?

Swans asked the question last year for Aliir but Port wouldn't budge, and now an opportunity presents itself and Port believe that losing Ladhams would be fair compensation in getting Dawson.

IIRC this all came out before Dawson nominated Adelaide, so may stand to reason.

I think Ladhams stays at Port.

No club would be willing to pay for him the draft capital that Port would expect for a contracted player (which I assume would be similar to Howard).

Port had the capital to get dawson easily.

we had pick 16. If that wasn’t enough we had plenty of steak knives.

Port has 3 good afl level rucks. They’re testing the water to see if one of them can fetch a good price and get us something else we need more than a ruck.

Port had the capital to get dawson easily.

we had pick 16. If that wasn’t enough we had plenty of steak knives.

Port has 3 good afl level rucks. They’re testing the water to see if one of them can fetch a good price and get us something else we need more than a ruck.
I would assume Port would not want to part with Pick 16 for an uncontracted player? Your future second could have been used in this scenario so that you could still keep a presence in the first round of what looks to be a solid draft. Anyway, I stand by my comments, I dont think Ladhams is a good enough ruckman to be a primary ruck, but then he hasn't had great opportunity either.

I would assume Port would not want to part with Pick 16 for an uncontracted player? Your future second could have been used in this scenario so that you could still keep a presence in the first round of what looks to be a solid draft. Anyway, I stand by my comments, I dont think Ladhams is a good enough ruckman to be a primary ruck, but then he hasn't had great opportunity either.
Swans would have loled at our future 2nd if dawson had of chosen us. That would have been taking the piss. Every port fan and his dog knew that if dawson chose port it would have cost our first at least.

What do you mean Ladhams isn’t good enough to be first ruck?

as I listed earlier the under 24 rucks currently playing in the league are Darcy, Jackson, Draper, Flynn, dekoning,

(I mistakenly listed English and Marshall in an earlier post but just realised they’re 24 and 25)

meek and reeves just starting to get exposed to some football but very unproven.

Ladhams is behind only a couple of those names.

and that’s just a handful of rucks in an 18 team league.
If he’s not good enough to be a first ruck it won’t matter, cause he won’t be playing many others that aren’t that good either.

Swans would have loled at our future 2nd if dawson had of chosen us. That would have been taking the piss. Every port fan and his dog knew that if dawson chose port it would have cost our first at least.

What do you mean Ladhams isn’t good enough to be first ruck?

as I listed earlier the under 24 rucks currently playing in the league are Darcy, Jackson, Draper, Flynn, dekoning,

(I mistakenly listed English and Marshall in an earlier post but just realised they’re 24 and 25)

meek and reeves just starting to get exposed to some football but very unproven.

Ladhams is behind only a couple of those names.

and that’s just a handful of rucks in an 18 team league.
If he’s not good enough to be a first ruck it won’t matter, cause he won’t be playing many others that aren’t that good either.
RCG
I'll leave quietly now...

I’d happily give up our first rounder with some change coming back. Different situation of course with a Darcy bid eating our first anyway. I think Ladhams could be a really good ruck with the right opportunity and he’d suit us perfectly

I’d happily give up our first rounder with some change coming back. Different situation of course with a Darcy bid eating our first anyway. I think Ladhams could be a really good ruck with the right opportunity and he’d suit us perfectly
I would suggest Port would be keen to talk to the dogs, just depends on what the dogs want back but that could be enough to get a deal started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you serious?

It's pretty obvious your coach and list manager have Lycett as your current best ruck option and Sam Hayes as his replacement/the future hence Ladhams being told to explore his options. It's really not that hard to work out where Ladhams sits and it's not best 22. If they saw him as a 2022 forward option going forward it's strange your mob seem to be pursuing Finlayson with some fervour ?
They told him he may need to explore his options if he wants to play as a first ruck, because the Lycett/Hayes situation has Port seeing Ladhams as a forward/second ruck. As clearly shown by the best 22 role he played for most of 2021. Did you watch football this year?

Also Port pursuing Finlayson with some fervour? He was visiting his partner's family in Adelaide, and Port had him do a medical just in case he decides to make a decision to come back. As Chris Davies said. Hardly pursuing with fervour.

I would suggest Port would be keen to talk to the dogs, just depends on what the dogs want back but that could be enough to get a deal started.
He's not worth a first round pick unless its that and points to get Darcy he is worth a late 2nd to early 3rd rounder hes up for trade for a reason

How are you then going to get Darcy as you won't have any/enough points as your next pick is 71 or 72?

How are you then going to get Darcy as you won't have any/enough points as your next pick is 71 or 72?
I’d want a later pick coming back with him too. Lipinski will hopefully net us something in the 40’s. Wallis might get a usable compo pick if he leaves. I don’t think it will be all that difficult to trade future picks into this year either

I’d want a later pick coming back with him too. Lipinski will hopefully net us something in the 40’s. Wallis might get a usable compo pick if he leaves. I don’t think it will be all that difficult to trade future picks into this year either
just on Lipinski, the pies supporters think they are going to walk him to the PSD as they have no picks to give up for him. Where is this one at?

That line gets thrown out by supporters every year. Not expecting a great deal for him I’d be very surprised if it went to PSD
Fair enough. Just thinking with the pies not having any picks they can afford to trade, with pick 2 in the PSD you would think they would be tempted as they don't have much else without trading players out.

Anyway enough on this here i might take it up on the lipinski thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back