Traded Peter Ladhams and #16 traded to Sydney for #12 and F3

Remove this Banner Ad

Your words he is a Below average ruck. His skill is as an extra Midfielder One minute you are saying he is below average Ruck then you are saying he is the best young proven ruckman cannot be both. I will not bother you anymore.

I said he was below average at ruck work.

I said he was the best young proven ruck that might be gettable this off-season

You continue to amaze me, and not in a good way.

If you want a Port ruck, it's Hayes.

If you want a SANFL ruck, it's Strachan or Knoll.

What’s the score with Hayes? Any one other than Port fans able to say if he’s any good?
If he can build the tank required he has the potential to be a top shelf ruck. Its the only thing holding him back.

Excellent tap ruckman and excellent marking around the ground

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What’s the score with Hayes? Any one other than Port fans able to say if he’s any good?

He and Strachan from the Crows are the best 2 ruckman in the SANFL by a wide Margin. When Port played them earlier in the year, Hayes smashed him and is 3 years younger (21 vs 24). As others have said, the concerns are around his tank, not ability. In his forth season, but missed almost all of his first with an ACL, and obviously all of last year with Covid. Was given another couple of years at the start of the year, so we rate him.

He and Strachan from the Crows are the best 2 ruckman in the SANFL by a wide Margin. When Port played them earlier in the year, Hayes smashed him and is 3 years younger (21 vs 24). As others have said, the concerns are around his tank, not ability. In his forth season, but missed almost all of his first with an ACL, and obviously all of last year with Covid. Was given another couple of years at the start of the year, so we rate him.

This. From memory was a 2 time AA before being drafted. Slid massively on draft night due to concerns over his tank and also rucks (the drafting of) being out of favour at the time. I hope we keep him personally.

Strachan will be 26 in a couple of months, but the rest I agree with.

For what Port would get for Hayes, they'd be better to keep him given all the investment they have put into him.

Would you be better to trade Lycett and and keep Ladhams as the #1 ruck? It would help with cap space but also could return more draft pick wise?

Strachan will be 26 in a couple of months, but the rest I agree with.

For what Port would get for Hayes, they'd be better to keep him given all the investment they have put into him.

Would you be better to trade Lycett and and keep Ladhams as the #1 ruck? It would help with cap space but also could return more draft pick wise?

That has been mooted on the Port board. Would be pretty brutal given we specifically recruited Lycett. Hayes is contracted until 2023 so there is a bit of time, but he would be started to get antsy as he would definitely be getting a game at a few other clubs. By the end of the season Lycett is 29 and Dixon 31. Not a perfect transition, but he would see a future ... eventually. I can see us keeping all 3 and dealing with it later. I suspect Lycett might be told if he wants to play 31, he might have to do it elsewhere. He is a solid ruckman and I rate what he does, but he is known to get gassed and probably needs a chopout regularly now, so I can see the end come quickly with him.

That has been mooted on the Port board. Would be pretty brutal given we specifically recruited Lycett. Hayes is contracted until 2023 so there is a bit of time, but he would be started to get antsy as he would definitely be getting a game at a few other clubs. By the end of the season Lycett is 29 and Dixon 31. Not a perfect transition, but he would see a future ... eventually. I can see us keeping all 3 and dealing with it later. I suspect Lycett might be told if he wants to play 31, he might have to do it elsewhere. He is a solid ruckman and I rate what he does, but he is known to get gassed and probably needs a chopout regularly now, so I can see the end come quickly with him.
I’d take Lycett at the Dogs in a heartbeat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His BFF moved to Vic, so see what transpires
Can you elaborate? There have been rumours about a bad off field influence but nobody ever seems to actually say it.

Can you elaborate? There have been rumours about a bad off field influence but nobody ever seems to actually say it.

He'll 100% move to Melbourne to hang out with Aidyn Johnson 24/7 at the end of this year lol
Those two are inseparable, and its to the detriment of Peter's career

Already named in this thread, as for elaborating, lets say very hard partying

The guy's got Dean Cox level talent and if he pulled his head in then he'd be a top 2 ruckman in the league in the next year or two.

But if he's got AJ around him all the time, then he's never going to get there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back