Peter Sheehan

Remove this Banner Ad

ringo1 said:
Could someone please give me some info on the coach of All Blacks-Benalla-Peter Sheehan- I think he might of coached Benalla a few years ago

Originally from Leeton. Had I think a NSW AFL development role there. Went to Benalla and inherited a minor premiership list after Brenton Cooper controversially fled the nest for the 2003 season.

Didn't have great success, some wondered whether he was too hard on his players in the first season at the helm. They started in fine fashion and then dropped away significantly to lose their first final to Echuca by more than 10 goals.

Jason MacFarlane joined Benalla the next year and it was the worst kept secret that he would inherit the job. Again the Saints didn't shine and didn't live up to their potential after losing guys like Danny Maher. Coaches the All-Blacks now which was just about the toughest game in footy after a long stint withot winning a game, but they appear to be back on track.

Everyone I know speaks highly of him as a person, but some say his coaching tactics might have been a little outdated the way GVFL footy was heading at the time.

Great coach and great bloke. He has done wonders for the All Blacks, along with the new president John Irwin. The club has turned around from a 36 game (I think) losing streak to win a couple last year. All the boys at the club are very very happy with his coaching and I hope he stays around the club for a long time!

Yeah I heard he got white anted big time. I believe he is a decent bloke. I thought he might have coached with the RAMS-NSW and Leeton. I also heard he could play a bit. Is he still going around?Thanks for the feedback :)

ringo1 said:
Yeah I heard he got white anted big time. I believe he is a decent bloke. I thought he might have coached with the RAMS-NSW and Leeton. I also heard he could play a bit. Is he still going around?Thanks for the feedback :)

Ass.Coach at RAMS and elite junior squads no longer playing but in absolutely super condition according to the boys at the club. Apparentley he's pretty handy around the bar as well.

Sounds like an awesome coach and bloke. Could he go further with his coaching??. How old would he be? I reckon Benalla might regret letting him go as I heard that McFarlane not that great off field.

ringo1 said:
Sounds like an awesome coach and bloke. Could he go further with his coaching??. How old would he be? I reckon Benalla might regret letting him go as I heard that McFarlane not that great off field.

Low 40's. I'd say he's happy at O&K level but has got more.

Thanks Slim- I hope the all-blacks go well and that Sheehan progresses with his coaching. It appears that the better coaches always get shafted.

ringo1 said:
Thanks Slim- I hope the all-blacks go well and that Sheehan progresses with his coaching. It appears that the better coaches always get shafted.

sounds like your speaking from experience ringo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back