• Total voters

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hasn’t played a game this year and rumoured to be looking to come back to Victoria. Several clubs reportedly interested. What’s he worth?
Free ,as long you paid his salary the same as GCS .

Free ,as long you paid his salary the same as GCS .
There’s been talk that GC would be willing to pay some of his salary to move him off the books. Not sure if that increases his trade value at all though given he hasn’t played for 12 months.

Something in the 40's if Gold Coast pay part of his salary.

Something in the 60's if the team he moves to takes on his whole salary.

For that Price I would love Collingwood to have a Crack at him

Dec 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals
2MP for a 2nd rounder? Where do I sign? Hasn’t had a great year but still him in a team as a 2nd forward/ruck and he’d probably deliver like he did behind Tom Lynch when he was starting to show something. Would be a bad idea to take him as a 1st tall (eg pies or bombers might try). He needs to be a foil for another player.

dazedjosh

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Your not getting Peter Wright for a pick in the 40's if GC are paying part of his salary

Easily worth a pick #20-#30 with GC not covering any of his salary

200cm KPF /Ruck at 24 years of age that were 1st round quality dont grow on tree's

From the Swans
Nankervis went for #46
Darcy Cameron went for #56

From the last two trade periods
Frampton went for a future 4th
Pittonet and 61 was exchanged for 54 and 63
Phillips was a selection of pick swaps in the 60s and 70s
Hickey, 61, future 4th 39 and a future 4th
Jordan Roughed for 75

Unused talls are usually pretty cheap.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
From the Swans
Nankervis went for #46

Jordan Roughed for 75

How many of them were top 10 draft picks with 70 games at the age of 24 ? Wright has been played and shown he is a quality player but things have not worked out with Dew and his game plan for Wright.

Im expecting a 2nd round and will be good value , I would be happy for the Tigers to take him with a pick around 30 no problem he just turned 24 so for a big KPF/Ruck he is just at the right stage

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
From the Swans
Nankervis went for #46

Jordan Roughed for 75

But Did Sydney paid nankervis and Darcy Cameron salary to Richmond and Collingwood?

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
1 of these players are considered to be worth $800k+ and 2x 1st round draft picks just last year and the other $400k-$500k and 2nd rounder

Maybe have a look and tell me which you prefer

dazedjosh

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
How many of them were top 10 draft picks with 70 games at the age of 24 ? Wright has been played and shown he is a quality player but things have not worked out with Dew and his game plan for Wright.

Im expecting a 2nd round and will be good value , I would be happy for the Tigers to take him with a pick around 30 no problem he just turned 24 so for a big KPF/Ruck he is just at the right stage

Patton was a number 1 pick who went for a future 4th after 89 games and 130 goals
Roughead was pick 31, 27 years old with 138 games under his belt

You can go back further if you want to do your own research, but the pattern stays the same throughout the years. 2MP hasn't been played this year, he's fallen down the pecking order and is on a big contract that the Suns want to be rid of.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Patton was a number 1 pick who went for a future 4th after 89 games and 130 goals
Roughead was pick 31, 27 years old with 138 games under his belt

You can go back further if you want to do your own research, but the pattern stays the same throughout the years. 2MP hasn't been played this year, he's fallen down the pecking order and is on a big contract that the Suns want to be rid of.
Not a Good comparison with Patton who had 2 knee reconstructions and on $800k a year for 2 more years and Roughead was a 27 year old backman not a 24 year old KPF / Ruck who was a top 10

Very very different players there

dazedjosh

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Not a Good comparison with Patton who had 2 knee reconstructions and on $800k a year for 2 more years and Roughead was a 27 year old backman not a 24 year old KPF / Ruck who was a top 10

Very very different players there

Mate, feel free to go through recent trade periods looking for rucks/kpfs that didn't play that year and went for a pick in the 20's-30's, because I couldn't find them. Previous trades like the ones I listed in my 2 posts suggest he's in the 40-70 range. If you can find evidence to suggest otherwise, then I'd be interested to see it. 2MP played a bunch of games when the Suns were total trash, now they've improved and he can't get a game and the Suns are looking for a salary dump of his 500k a year contract, that doesn't scream a mid 2nd rounder to me.

Witts went to the Gold Coast for 44 and 62
Vardy went to West Coast for 72

Time and time again over the last 5 years of trade periods, big men who aren't playing and/or are part of a salary dump are not getting all that much in return for the teams that they're leaving.

dazedjosh

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
  1. Josh Bruce went for picks 32 and 51, he'd played 99 games for the Saints, and kicked 168 goals. Kicking 35 goals or more 4 times in the last 5 seasons, something 2MP has never done in his career.
  2. Josh Schache was a 20 year old number 2 pick and was traded after 2 seasons for 25 and 40, he had 2 years to go on his contract.
  3. Patton was a number 1 pick who went for a future 4th after 89 games and 130 goals
  4. Frampton went for a future 4th
  5. Pittonet and 61 was exchanged for 54 and 63
  6. Phillips was a selection of pick swaps in the 60s and 70s
  7. Hickey, 61, and a future 4th for 39 and a future 4th
  8. Jordan Roughed for 75
  9. Nankervis went for #46
  10. Darcy Cameron and #61 went for #56
  11. Witts went to the Gold Coast for 44 and 62
  12. Vardy went to West Coast for 72
What exactly about 2MP suggests to anybody that he is somehow going to be worth more than the dozen examples over the last 5 years? Especially considering he's also a salary dump for the Suns.

He's a pick in the late 40's at best.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Mate, feel free to go through recent trade periods looking for rucks/kpfs that didn't play that year and went for a pick in the 20's-30's, because I couldn't find them. Previous trades like the ones I listed in my 2 posts suggest he's in the 40-70 range. If you can find evidence to suggest otherwise, then I'd be interested to see it. 2MP played a bunch of games when the Suns were total trash, now they've improved and he can't get a game and the Suns are looking for a salary dump of his 500k a year contract, that doesn't scream a mid 2nd rounder to me.

Witts went to the Gold Coast for 44 and 62
Vardy went to West Coast for 72

Time and time again over the last 5 years of trade periods, big men who aren't playing and/or are part of a salary dump are not getting all that much in return for the teams that they're leaving.
Im not going to go searching as you are never going to find a like for like type trade and so many factors in each trade and the chances of finding a top 10 traded after missing just 1 season with a new coach coming is hard but just from recollection of my club and its trade Shaun Hampson was a 2nd round trade i think pick 28 at the time and Hamis McIntosh at 30 years of age if i recall correcty for a pick in the 30's.

But like i said i would be more than happy to pay 2nd rounder for 2mp on $500k as its only $140k more than the average al salary not like $800k for a Patton with 3xKnee reconstructions.

Sydney were trying to come up with 2 x 1st rounders for Daniher who had not played for nearly 2 years last year and has played 13 games in 3 years

dazedjosh

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Im not going to go searching as you are never going to find a like for like type trade and so many factors in each trade and the chances of finding a top 10 traded after missing just 1 season with a new coach coming is hard but just from recollection of my club and its trade Shaun Hampson was a 2nd round trade i think pick 28 at the time and Hamis McIntosh at 30 years of age if i recall correcty for a pick in the 30's.

But like i said i would be more than happy to pay 2nd rounder for 2mp on $500k as its only $140k more than the average al salary not like $800k for a Patton with 3xKnee reconstructions.

Sydney were trying to come up with 2 x 1st rounders for Daniher who had not played for nearly 2 years last year and has played 13 games in 3 years

It's alright, I did the searching for you in the post directly above yours. A dozen examples covering all sorts of age, experience, initial draft positions, salary and contract status. Hampson and McIntosh are definitely the outliers and the most recent of those trades was what, Hampson in 2013?

Gold Coast would snap your hand off trying to shake it if you offered them a second rounder with no salary contributions, especially if the rumours are correct and they just want to dump his contract. If you want your club to pay a 3rd or 4th choice ruck 500k a year, then go for it.

As for Daniher, are you genuinely trying to compare Daniher and Wright as comparable on the trade market? Ok, I'll bite.
I didn't want him at that price then, and I'm glad we didn't do that deal, but considering Daniher when fit is a walk up starter on any team in the league who was AA and who kicked more goals in a season and a half of footy than Wright has kicked in his entire career, I can understand why the price was high.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
It's alright, I did the searching for you in the post directly above yours. A dozen examples covering all sorts of age, experience, initial draft positions, salary and contract status. Hampson and McIntosh are definitely the outliers and the most recent of those trades was what, Hampson in 2013?

Gold Coast would snap your hand off trying to shake it if you offered them a second rounder with no salary contributions, especially if the rumours are correct and they just want to dump his contract. If you want your club to pay a 3rd or 4th choice ruck 500k a year, then go for it.

As for Daniher, are you genuinely trying to compare Daniher and Wright as comparable on the trade market? Ok, I'll bite.
I didn't want him at that price then, and I'm glad we didn't do that deal, but considering Daniher when fit is a walk up starter on any team in the league who was AA and who kicked more goals in a season and a half of footy than Wright has kicked in his entire career, I can understand why the price was high.
Don't really matter , trade time come we will see the outcome .

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

Why not compare Daniher to Wright ? Their stats are almost identical and Daniher hadnt played for 2 years as well as being 2.5 years older and more injury prone both physically and other depression issue's but just about every team was thinking he is worth a 1st rounder and Sydney even looking to get a 2nd pick also to accomodate the deal. You may not have wanted him but Sydney sure did.

Of all the examples you posted the Schace trade would be about the closest

Josh Schache was a 20 year old number 2 pick and was traded after 2 seasons for 25 and 40, he had 2 years to go on his contract.

And even with his 'Mental' Issue's still managed to get 2 x 2nd round picks as you stated above 25+40 so not sure why you believe just 1 pick between #20-#30 is so unbelievable.

But like i said i would be happy to trade Richmonds 2nd rounder in a heart beat for 2mp and we shall see how it all pans out in a couple of months

Back