Who won this trade?

• Gold Coast

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Essendon

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Been more than serviceable this year.

Just seemed like such a straightforward play to go for Wright from our perspective, really not sure why we didnt. The only explanations would be our salary cap and us severely overrating our KPF stock.

I think he’s no good tbh. Terrible in the ruck. Not bad when he gets a clean run and jump at the ball but has zero strength under a high ball.

I think he’s no good tbh. Terrible in the ruck. Not bad when he gets a clean run and jump at the ball but has zero strength under a high ball.
For a big guy gets pushed out of contested very very easily.
Very high centre of gravity and doesn't seem to have a whole lot of hip/core strength
I'm talking about 2019 GC days - just about the last time I saw him play a run of games.

I don't rate him at all but I think he serves Essendon's purpose as far as giving them some ruck cover while those young rucks (who are quite promising) develop. Might be a problem next year without Hooker if they expect him to be the main forward marking target.

I don't rate him at all but I think he serves Essendon's purpose as far as giving them some ruck cover while those young rucks (who are quite promising) develop. Might be a problem next year without Hooker if they expect him to be the main forward marking target.

Hurley will probably be our mature body KPF next year.

Let's put his year in perspective. Players who have 10+ goals and averaging 10+ hitouts a game this year: Peter Wright, Tim English. He's no world beater but he's pretty much what you need from a forward/ruck if he can kick 20 goals this year and maintain that hitouts average.

Let's put his year in perspective. Players who have 10+ goals and averaging 10+ hitouts a game this year: Peter Wright, Tim English. He's no world beater but he's pretty much what you need from a forward/ruck if he can kick 20 goals this year and maintain that hitouts average.
He is a solid/good KPF/ruck

I think because of his height and early glimpses people expect his ceiling to be higher.

He is a good role player and considering what you guys gave up for him he is a bloody bargin

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Will never be a world beater but plays a role. Easy to forget he's still only 24, using WC 2018 as a blueprint he's our Nathan Vardy. Hopefully in a few years Jones can be our Kennedy and we can find our Darling this offseason.

Will never be a world beater but plays a role. Easy to forget he's still only 24, using WC 2018 as a blueprint he's our Nathan Vardy. Hopefully in a few years Jones can be our Kennedy and we can find our Darling this offseason.

I’m not his biggest fan but expect we’ll get a lot more out of them Geelong/West Coast did out of Vardy.

He’s a genuinely good lead up forward with excellent foot skills and can take a good grab when he gets a clean run at it. If he improves his ability to stand shoulder to shoulder with his opponent and compete he’ll be a very good KPF.

I’m not his biggest fan but expect we’ll get a lot more out of them Geelong/West Coast did out of Vardy.

He’s a genuinely good lead up forward with excellent foot skills and can take a good grab when he gets a clean run at it. If he improves his ability to stand shoulder to shoulder with his opponent and compete he’ll be a very good KPF.
Rucks have traditionally only built that body-on-body contest later in their careers, which is why so many hit their peak later than anyone else. Given his height, I wouldn't be surprised if Wright has taken a bit longer to add that arrow to his arsenal. He took a very good pack mark on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucks have traditionally only built that body-on-body contest later in their careers, which is why so many hit their peak later than anyone else. Given his height, I wouldn't be surprised if Wright has taken a bit longer to add that arrow to his arsenal. He took a very good pack mark on Sunday.

Yeah he’s a good leaper at the ball.

Some players never get it though. Ben Brown is still woeful shoulder to shoulder for example and part of me wonders if Wright could embrace physical contact more than he does.

He won’t play against Zaine Cordy and Josh Schache every week.

Good to see you coming around :)

Still think he’s weak shoulder to shoulder under a high ball but it may just be due to having a high centre of gravity rather than being soft like I thought.

The way he attacks the ball in the air has definitely improved as the years gone on. Think we should give him the keys at next year and look at playing Bryan as our second ruck to see if Wright is the long term answer.

Back