Peter Wright vs Reece McKenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

attitude right ? kidding right ? out there doing goal kicking practice with j.r on a day off attitude lol
Lol I like to go to a oval and practice kicking goals on my time off. Does that mean my attitude is great? No it doesn't

The crows and saints where rumoured to think about tacking Mackenzie alot earlier in the draft.
What picks where they thinking about using on him?

I we didn't go McCartin then we would probably have gone McKenzie at 21/22, or if he wasn't ranked that highly internally we would think about using pick 41 on him

Adelaide were rumoured to have interest at 14 or 35 I believe.

The crows and saints where rumoured to think about tacking Mackenzie alot earlier in the draft.
What picks where they thinking about using on him?

Unless it's straight from the recruiter, no-one knows.

Saints using the pick they used on Goddard was bandied about on here

I we didn't go McCartin then we would probably have gone McKenzie at 21/22, or if he wasn't ranked that highly internally we would think about using pick 41 on him

Adelaide were rumoured to have interest at 14 or 35 I believe.

Then why did he slide so far or was it only the Crows and Saints thought he would be a Gun?

Then why did he slide so far or was it only the Crows and Saints thought he would be a Gun?

There are definitely some question marks on him. He only played a single game in the Championships an many argue his big TAC Cup games were during the Champs against weakened teams. He could be viewed as more of a risk type. A bit like how Jonathon Marsh slid so far to Collingwood at pick 77 last year when at some stages he was viewed top 20/30, but like McKenzie, Marsh was also very raw.

There are definitely some question marks on him. He only played a single game in the Championships an many argue his big TAC Cup games were during the Champs against weakened teams. He could be viewed as more of a risk type. A bit like how Jonathon Marsh slid so far to Collingwood at pick 77 last year when at some stages he was viewed top 20/30, but like McKenzie, Marsh was also very raw.

Well - It does have bit like of the Marsh Pick. Pre-Drafted was talked as high as a Mid-Late 1st Round pick and Pies/Marsh and Tigers/McKenzie get him in the 70’s.

Raw and Long Shots but both have a High Upside to them

Even Carlton didn't want Warren's son who had been placed in the "If only McKenzie had played 100 games category".

Pick 70: Pass.

We still passed with our next two selections to keep one for Tutt.

Yet we took the punt and drafted the sons of Peter Foster and Andy Gowers.

Lions need a power forward, yet they overlooked McKenzie and waited to list Hammelmann as an Academy pick.

Attitude might be up the creek?

RM might make it if he was at a club that hadn't failed to turn Griffiths, Vicker and Elton into guns. Even Riewoldt has struggled to beat Jamison.

Wright then daylight then McKenzie.

Carlton made a mistake drafting foster instead IMO. Mckenzie has much more upside whilst foster was an overage player doing essentially what Mckenzie is criticised for. Beating up on players smaller and younger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back