Recommitted Peter Wright [re-signed for 3 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Worpel just re-sign?

Correct however I've been told that Geelong are still sniffing around.

They'll no doubt be losing Kelly at the end of season and Worpel would prove a more than handy replacement.

Despite the knocks on him, he was at one point considered a Top 10 pick in his draft year.

He's also excelled this season in TOM's absence and is only going to get better.

My gut feel is that he'll stay and be a 200 gamer for us, however I also see Geelong still trying to lure him home.

Thank goodness they were silly enough to pass on him 3 times in his draft year 😁

Last edited:
All depends if your clubs plans to lure James Worpel home succeeds, we won't be letting him go for anything less than your 1st Round Selection.

Personally I hope that he stays (quietly confident) and you end up overpaying for 2MP.

I rate Worpel a lot but inside mids are not a big need for us.

They'll no doubt be losing Kelly at the end of season and Worpel would prove a more than handy replacement.

Despite the knocks on him, he was at one point considered a Top 10 pick in his draft year.

He's also excelled this season in TOM's absence and is only going to get better.

My gut feel is that he'll stay and be a 200 gamer for us, however I also see Geelong still trying to lure him home.

Thank goodness they were silly enough to pass on him 3 times in his draft year 😁
You are lying or trolling. Geelong have no interest in another inside mid with poor kicking skills.

He was never worth a top 30 pick. So it was either him or constable. More than comfortable with that decision.

You are lying or trolling. Geelong have no interest in another inside mid with poor kicking skills.

He was never worth a top 30 pick. So it was either him or constable. More than comfortable with that decision.

I couldn't care less what you think and it's pleasing to see that you're acknowledging that the "Holy Trinity" are nothing more than inside mids with poor kicking skills.

In relation to his DE it's better than both Ablett and Kelly, even with Dangerfield and only 1% behind Selwood who isn't even playing as an inside mid this season.

You can say whatever you like but it was a mistake to overlook him and yes he was highly rated at one point but interest died off due to recruiters focusing on his weaknesses instead of his strengths.

He'd easily be in the top three of his draft year behind only Kelly and arguably ahead of Stephenson so obviously you're lying or trolling yourself.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-15/top-draft-prospect-doing-it-by-the-numbers

He's also worked his backside off to remedy this part of his game and is learning from one of the best to have played the game.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...aster-and-the-apprentice-20190427-p51hrh.html

By all means overlook him a for a second time because the kid is genuinely going to be something special.

You can keep that speculative pick because you'll need it to replace your old inside mids that can't kick.

Last edited:
As if Worpel will get traded to Geelong if he's just signed a contract extension with Hawthorn!

That's what I'm hoping however the person who passed on this information was rather adamant about it.

They've already approached him once and he knocked them back and now they're having another crack at him.

I'm genuinely thinking that he stays and his loyalty was never in question, all I did was mention that Geelong have already approached him and are trying once again.

Seems like a loyal kid with a good head on his shoulders, much too good to end up at the Cattery that's for sure!

I couldn't care less what you think and it's pleasing to see that you're acknowledging that the "Holy Trinity" are nothing more than inside mids with poor kicking skills.

In relation to his DE it's better than both Ablett and Kelly, even with Dangerfield and only 1% behind Selwood who isn't even playing as an inside mid this season.

You can say whatever you like but it was a mistake to overlook him and yes he was highly rated at one point but interest died off due to recruiters focusing on his weaknesses instead of his strengths.

He'd easily be in the top three of his draft year behind only Kelly and arguably ahead of Stephenson so obviously you're lying or trolling yourself.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-15/top-draft-prospect-doing-it-by-the-numbers

He's also worked his backside to remedy this part of his game and is learning from one of the best to have played the game.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...aster-and-the-apprentice-20190427-p51hrh.html

By all means overlook him a for a second time because the kid is genuinely going to be something special.

You can keep that speculative pick because you'll need it to replace your old inside mids that can't kick.
Nice melt. Worpedo very average today. Bombing long to no one. He's a poor man's Brent Maloney.

Back on topic, really hope we give wright a miss. Doesn't move well enough so any other talls in the forward will have to be super athletic to balance out his weaknesses

Nice melt. Worpedo very average today. Bombing long to no one. He's a poor man's Brent Maloney.

Back on topic, really hope we give wright a miss. Doesn't move well enough so any other talls in the forward will have to be super athletic to balance out his weaknesses

He went totally missing for the 1st half and finished with 21 disposals 🙄

Seems to have had a better game today than Dangerfield is 😂

So then I'm assuming that when you're saying "nice melt" and "back on topic" you really mean that you've been proven wrong.

Have fun with 2MP mate 😁

While being a handy player he certainly isn't nearly as dominant as he could/should be.

I'm thinking that he's worth a mid-late 2nd Round Selection based on his output so far.

Thoughts?

I would be surprised if he didn't re-sign to be honest. Plays with his best mate. Runs a program for homeless teens on the Coast. Has sounded positive every time he has spoken. No whispers like there was with Lynch.

Out of him and Martin of our OOC players, I would be more surprised if Wright left. But nothing is clear until he signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be surprised if he didn't re-sign to be honest. Plays with his best mate. Runs a program for homeless teens on the Coast. Has sounded positive every time he has spoken. No whispers like there was with Lynch.

Out of him and Martin of our OOC players, I would be more surprised if Wright left. But nothing is clear until he signs.

I genuinely feel for your club's supporters with the continual exodus of players and hope that he signs on soon.

Surely with his best mate in Touk Miller signing a lengthy contract then he'll stay?

Why do fans keep saying he is over rated. In a season he played 22 games in he kicked 31 goals. Now take in the fact the suns are bad that would be 40 at a good team. Not bad for a 2nd ruck..

IMO..its his lack a big marks. Has he ever taken marks like Geelongs SavR for eg.? If he has ..its would be rare. Very good kick , maybe needs to be a tad more athletic. I agree that what he does can look a lot better at more dominant club. Is he a forward ruck..or a ruck forward? Is he still just on the up ..he has only played 55 games , he is only 22 ..he should still be a couple of years away from his best level.. Is he worth 2 R1 picks?

IMO..its his lack a big marks. Has he ever taken marks like Geelongs SavR for eg.? If he has ..its would be rare. Very good kick , maybe needs to be a tad more athletic. I agree that what he does can look a lot better at more dominant club. Is he a forward ruck..or a ruck forward? Is he still just on the up ..he has only played 55 games , he is only 22 ..he should still be a couple of years away from his best level.. Is he worth 2 R1 picks?

I think Turbo he would only be worth a Round 1 pick with an additional round 2 pick. With the club gets Wright and a Round 3 pick IMO

I remember an article on him from a year or two ago that claimed that his 1st 30 or so games were the highest rated games by a kpf since franklin(not 100% if it was him) he’s got a lot of talent, he’s just at a club which has never had a great midfield or decent delivery. He’s better than sav. Might not take a speccy as well as him but is a better all round player

Kicked 3.3 against the Crows and 2 Goals with 7 Marks against the Lions, so he is working his way into the season nicely after a slow start.

He is a young kid playing as our No.1 key forward. If he ends up kicking 30+ goals this season in what will probably be a 6 game winning team that would be a decent season for him.

Obviously he is an ex Falcon and we do tend to look at them but I really dont think Geelong would be "sniffing around" Worpell... at the most it would be something like ..if you ever want a change etc you have our number

We have a need for certain players types like every club .. and if he came to us ..thats one thing but I really doubt we would try to get him after he just signing a new contract.. not to mention Haw and Geelong rarely trade with each other.. I think they both repsect each other system a bit too much to help strengthen it.

Kicked 3.3 against the Crows and 2 Goals with 7 Marks against the Lions, so he is working his way into the season nicely after a slow start.

He is a young kid playing as our No.1 key forward. If he ends up kicking 30+ goals this season in what will probably be a 6 game winning team that would be a decent season for him.

The stats in the paper show his kicking accuracy is down .. where has he been taking his shots from?

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 9.27.16 am.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back