Opinion Petition for a new logo?

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed some sort of correlation between clubs getting new, better logos and jumpers and onfield performance (recently the Bulldogs, Richmond and Melbourne, even Port). Seems to inspire the whole club to do better.

In the 2 years we changed our shield logo from Adelaide CROWS to ADELAIDE Crows we won 2 flags.

I would like to go with a traditional logo, even a round one, where it will be iconic over time and won't need to be changed.

For some reason i've always liked the circle style, some classic circle logos here. Obviously it works with a round ball game like basketball, the pistons being iconic. We tried ripping the ravens logo so we shouldn't go with a 'new age' kind of logo as they dont age well unless its something along the line of the patriots logo where its not as cartoony as us and ravens.

1630284699018.png

We should go with a dirty kind of logo whereits not perfectly coloured, it gives a sense of history and also ages well. Richmond's old one and Collingwood's come to mind with the tiger.

1630284907179.png 1630284988714.png

And I think they've done well to 'modernise' their old logos with

1630285028214.png 1630285041728.png

In relation to other bird logos, we have hawks and eagles as most notable:

1630285089906.png 1630285106165.png

So i think something along the lines of these two would probably be the best way to go, as both of these logos could age for decades without looking outdated imo.

I think if we go with the full length bird it can look abit of a copy of the magpies, so i would say the head only would be best bet. To go with a circle/ball shaped logo would set us apart, ignore all of these emblem style shapes like tigers/poort/hawks/freo and go with an oval shape imo.

To summarise with an example logo that encompasses all of this would be outside of my skill level so i won't attempt some oval/crow head rendition.

Can a journalist put the question to Silvers at a press conference, about whether there are any plans to rebrand the club's logo?

With COVID-19 decimating most clubs' P&L, it is the perfect time to change the logo to sell merchandise.

Plus put a full stop on the Trigg/Chapman era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trigg paid a quarter million dollars for someone to trace the Baltimore Ravens logo, it's time to move on from that mistake

I remember the club's defence for retaining the raven logo is that it appeals to kids.

I believe it is possible to create a logo that appears to kids and adults equally, as Richmond are able to do.

It really is an indictment on the club that many posters have been able to quickly mock up more attractive logo options than the Raven in their spare time.

Can a journalist put the question to Silvers at a press conference, about whether there are any plans to rebrand the club's logo?

Even if they were knee deep in preparing a new one I don't think they'd acknowledge anything.

I remember the club's defence for retaining the raven logo is that it appeals to kids.

I believe it is possible to create a logo that appears to kids and adults equally, as Richmond are able to do.

It really is an indictment on the club that many posters have been able to quickly mock up more attractive logo options than the Raven in their spare time.

Funny isn't it. I was a 5 year old kid when the Crows started and grew up with them. I ruddy LOVED the old logo. It was strong, bold, and also easy enough to try and draw, which is a big thing for a kid. I didn't really go for the old cartoony running Crow, or any of the other cartoon mascots. I think they really underestimate kids.

The whole kids need bright flashy things is a myth. And hell, just use Claude Crow in anything kid related if you must have cartoony colourful stuff.

All that goes on top of the most basic argument of "Why should the logo that represents our whole organisation be catered towards kids?" Don't know many kids paying for season tickets personally.

We have a terrible logo because it's the l
Even if they were knee deep in preparing a new one I don't think they'd acknowledge anything.

Funny isn't it. I was a 5 year old kid when the Crows started and grew up with them. I ruddy LOVED the old logo. It was strong, bold, and also easy enough to try and draw, which is a big thing for a kid. I didn't really go for the old cartoony running Crow, or any of the other cartoon mascots. I think they really underestimate kids.

The whole kids need bright flashy things is a myth. And hell, just use Claude Crow in anything kid related if you must have cartoony colourful stuff.

All that goes on top of the most basic argument of "Why should the logo that represents our whole organisation be catered towards kids?" Don't know many kids paying for season tickets personally.

I think it's less about who's paying for the memberships as it is about attracting young supporters who will grow up to become members and buy season tickets. By the time they're in their 20s and buying a membership, it's too late, they're buying that membership for some other club. We need to get them while they're young before they start supporting some other club. Works for the Jesuits :p

I've noticed some sort of correlation between clubs getting new, better logos and jumpers and onfield performance (recently the Bulldogs, Richmond and Melbourne, even Port). Seems to inspire the whole club to do better.
I've posted this before. It goes further back.

Hawthorn 2008
Geelong 2008 (just after first flag but they sustained their success)
West coast 2018
Collingwood 2018 runner up
Bulldogs 2015, flag year after
Sydney 2020 (looking better already)
Richmond 2012 (string of finals appearances starting 2013)
Port 2020, suddenly they're a consistent top 4
Melbourne 2016, suddenly not a joke of a footy club
Fremantle 2011, see Melbourne, even a maiden GF two years later

We should be making a change as soon as possible, it might be more important than any player or staff! (Only sort of joking)

Back