Opinion Petition for a new logo?

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We have far greater fish to fry than changing our logo

It is never going to be the first priority in any year, however I believe it is the perfect time to fix the logo now.

A new logo could sell more merchandise during a tough economic period for the AFL, it signifies the end of the Chapman era, and we will likely need some good news to take the focus off our bottom 4 position in 2021.

The excuse every time the question is raised

I don’t like the current logo. However there are so many cultural and administrative issues that the club MUST address before dealing with such a trivial issue as the logo.
I don't think anybody is expecting footy dept resources to be diverted to such a task.

It’s not a footy department issue, it’s a marketing/administrative issue. It’s also probably the least important issue they gave to deal with
It is never going to be the first priority in any year, however I believe it is the perfect time to fix the logo now.

A new logo could sell more merchandise during a tough economic period for the AFL, it signifies the end of the Chapman era, and we will likely need some good news to take the focus off our bottom 4 position in 2021.

This reply has some merit. It would be the ONLY reason I would consider it in the current climate. I just don’t think it’s a priority.

Hope you don’t mind my input.

It’s my opinion that right now is the perfect time for you to embark on a rebrand process. First set the culture from the top, then create focus and clarity around core values, initiate a revamp of the entire visual identity of the club while maintaining some key legacy assets like the tricolour guernsey.

All of this could take 12 to 18 months before it‘s ready to launch which should coincide neatly with your rise into contention.

Now is the time to start the process.

I don't think anybody is expecting footy dept resources to be diverted to such a task.
"How's the game plan looking this year boys?"
"Great. Nicksy spent all last week doodling new logos."
"Wait really? What are Rahilly and VB doing?"
"Well James is helping him with ideas on what it should look like. And VB is colouring and hasn't gone out of the lines once!"

Hi all,

catching a lot of us noise about Crows supporters starting to get sick of seeing our ridiculous logo. I feel like it’s a great time to shake things up, especially as we are entering a new era as a footy club and in general life (COVID).

What style of logo would we be after as a club?

Could a petition kick the club into thinking about the possibility?
Would prefer a new club song as opposed to a new logo. I would like a remix done of our song or even a completely new song. The players are never invested in it so give them something they enjoy singing. Let's be honest it's very 1980's and very lame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha that’s actually brilliant, looks like a crow with jet engines strapped on in the white space too.
Imagine the marketing... If Covid ever gets sorted, 50,000 at Adelaide Oval wearing crow-beard merchandise. Change the name to Adelaide Moval.

Back