Opinion Petition for a new logo?

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the number of responses and it’s only been an hour.

Listen to the people Crowies.

Devil's advocate, most of our facebook posts are filled with page after page about how Dmac is a club legend and booting Talia and Lynch were dumb decisions.

But yes, on this occasion I agree with the majority. Something new, something simple. Doesn't even have to be new, I would fully support a return of the swooping crow in some fashion.

The piece of absolute sh*t raptor logo is synonymous with the Rob Chapman reign of failure and it needs to be replaced quickly. I swear that banking loser promptly signed off on the design and it was immediately hated by everyone
This.
To me the current logo represents the absolute worst period in the club's history.
As soon as the logo was changed we dropped straight out of the 8 and had 2 of our worst years, lost a prelim by less than a goal, had the Tippet saga, lost so many great players, had multiple coaches die, lost a grand final, stupid preseason camp crap, and then finished last for the first time in our history.

Get rid of it now and burn it from history.

Hope you don’t mind my input.

It’s my opinion that right now is the perfect time for you to embark on a rebrand process. First set the culture from the top, then create focus and clarity around core values, initiate a revamp of the entire visual identity of the club while maintaining some key legacy assets like the tricolour guernsey.

All of this could take 12 to 18 months before it‘s ready to launch which should coincide neatly with your rise into contention.

Now is the time to start the process.
Great post. When I came across this thread just now for the first time, I thought the same.

Its a great opportunity for the Club to move forward and up with these kind of changes, especially given the last 3-4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinks we should look forward.
I tend to agree. There are two issues at play.

The new logo sucks - yes.
The old logo was better - yes.

The solution isn't necessarily to return to the old one. It was an epic logo and looked less dated than our current one does, but a new, simple, bold logo is probably best.

That said, it felt so good to be scrolling my twitter feed and see the old logo associated with the club. Just has a real football feel.

You’d think having a better logo would lead to spike in merch sales. Other than a couple of indigenous guernseys, I haven’t bought any new merch for years because of the current logo.
Historically now is the best time to change logos as I actually bought 2 caps this year (a navy one at the start of the year and an olive one a few weeks ago).

You’d think having a better logo would lead to spike in merch sales. Other than a couple of indigenous guernseys, I haven’t bought any new merch for years because of the current logo.
I filled out the Crows online fan survey a couple of weeks ago and agreed to being contacted for an online zoom style interaction. Ebony Marinoff contacted me yesterday to let me know it will be on the 24th October. The Logo is one of the things I will be pushing.

I know many people who are the same as you and won't buy merchandise while the raptor exists. It looks cheap, cartoonist and poorly designed and does not reflect a professional football club.

There are many options for an alternative logo that are better than the raptor, and most people think the original logo is also better.

I just think the issue is that it will never be the top priority and with Covid related resourcing cuts, it would require a lot of effort to change, despite the need being there.

Maybe then , reverting back to the 91 logo is the simplest and quickest option in the current climate even though it may not be exactly what we all want.

very true. I feel to embarrassed to wear crows gear as the logo is so bloody s**t. Would buy a bunch of gear if it was changed back to the original

I have the all black hat which looks really nice but wouldn't wear it if it was in full colour
That's why I bought the olive one. The logo looks so much better when it's just one colour. Still not great, but better.

Back