Petition/Letter to the Club demanding an external review (now with PDF link in OP)

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dons Press Conference was tweeted 20 minutes after the game

Its like they think we are stupid
Reading some of the comments to Fagans tweet, he copped it. They must be under no illusion how pissed supporters are, but what’s more important to them, preserving the boys club or appeasing the supporters?

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
lol ... how about you find and explain why this is BS, rather than just go your usual argument

So you want me to make your argument for you because you can't?

Seriously, go find one peer reviewed study published in a reputable journal on kangatech. There aren't any.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
For all of Fagan's faults, interaction/social media isn't one of them. He may have been traveling, or on leave.

His fault isn’t being front and centre when there’s good news. His fault is his failure to exist when we lose or there’s no good news to spruik. If it’s not his job to tweet about a disappointing loss, then it’s not his job to excitedly tweet about a sub-mediocre win. He’s the very definition of a downhill skier and he’s the poster child for the insular nature of our club. Bad news, “oh, * off, you’re not inside the 4 walls, i won’t even dignify that”. Beat Saints at home, “wowee, oh boy, look at the club that I lead, aren’t I important”

Last edited:

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Signed. Even if an extensive external review is only a 5% chance of occurring, that’s a chance I’m willing to take.

The level of delusion / spin (it’s increasingly hard to differentiate between the two) coming out of the club in recent times is mind-boggling.

Perhaps the upcoming 90 point loss to West Coast will create some more waves. I don’t know anymore.

From Fenix:
Bizarre.

So the members elected representative can't speak to the members.

How about they give him some media training if that is the real reason, which I doubt.

This club is hardly inclusive with this type of attitude.

Last edited:
His fault isn’t being front and centre when there’s good news. His fault is his failure to exist when we lose or there’s no good news to spruik. If it’s not his job to tweet about a disappointing loss, then it’s not his job to excitedly tweet about a sub-mediocre win. He’s the very definition of a downhill skier and he’s the poster child for the insular nature of our club. Bad news, “oh, fu** off, you’re not inside the 4 walls, i won’t even dignify that”. Beat Saints at home, “wowee, oh boy, look at the club that I lead, aren’t I important”
True leaders stand out in tough times, not when things are going well.

Can't call yourself a leader when you go missing when it gets tough...

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
My external review from nuffy land #agitators

Rob Chapman

Chairman since Dec 2008. Has seen Neil Craig, Brenton Sanderson, Phil Walsh and Don Pyke as coaches .
His handling of the Phil Walsh tragedy was exemplary and to be admired.
In 2012 he was Chair when the Tippet scandal broke and from memory denied the Board had any knowledge of the deal.

tenor.gif

It can be seen as a good thing that the Board were protected as that can build loyalty. But integrity trumps loyalty at times. I think the forecast move to Adelaide Oval also factored into a lot of decision making. The move to AO in 2014 has by any measure been a success for the club and the SMA. Some early teething problems but all in all a positive move.

The transfer of licence from the SANFL to the AFL also occurred. Ironically the move was spruiked as the AFC having independent control of themselves (wiki)

Chapman has started the ball rolling on a move to a city base. This has its own issues with lease arrangements at the current West Lakes facility and so some form of commercial confidence is to be expected.

An overall view is after 11 years Chapman should be ready to move on. Some say he should have vacated the Chair in 2012 after the Tippet sanctions.

Its alleged that until he passed away Bob Foord had been groomed to take over from Chapman. Any good Chair is grooming his successor the day he sits down in the Chair.

Chapman has delivered a football club that reflects his early career in Insurance. Take the risk out of what you can and dont go near what you cant protect against. This philosophy has seeped down to most levels with everybody seemingly in a comfortable twilight zone of doing 90% while thinking they are at 100%

Next post Nigel Smart and Andrew Fagan

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
#agitators

Nigel Smart

Nigel Smart was a celebrated footballer for the AFC. While not a rocket scientist he is an intelligent well spoken person

Nigel joined the AFC board in 2005 and has been Deputy Chairman since 2009 (wiki) From 2013 Smart has been Chief Operating Officer . To be fair I am not across exactly what this role requires but it keeps Nigel busy :D

My understanding is he has control of the non-football side of the AFC and is most successfully linked to the eSports team. While my personal belief is that the AFC should be devoted to the business of football I recognise the need to be diverse. My only concern is if its cash negative and impacting on the day to day football aspects of the AFC

Andrew Fagan

Andrew is the Chief Executive Officer and has been since 2014. Andrew had previously spent 10 years as CEO of the Brumbies from 2003 till 2013. A property scandal from his time in the ACT threatened to engulf Fagan in 2016 but support by the Board and Rob Chapman ensured Fagan stayed on. Re-reading the surrounding issue lets hope there is some oversight on the current move*

When appointed Fagan had this grand vision of filling the Trophy Cabinet by gathering the best football department in the land

Fagan along with Smart have extended the reach of the AFC into diverse areas such as eSports and ownership/participation in the Adelaide Bite. I wonder how much this has compromised the release of funds to get the best people in the land? Or are we content to be risk diverse and stay under the soft cap?

My overall impression is that there have been times Fagan has spent energy putting out football fires when a better use of his time and resources might be in other areas. But alternatively he is the driver of the club. He reports to the Board and his strength of conviction should carry some weight. His role is as CEO of a football club and his failure to not only not deliver trophies and the best football department in the land, but to not even get close is fairly and squarely in his court

If he is to sign another 5 year contract ( which is due) then he needs to start by recognising that the fans are the drivers of his football journey. Ignore them at your peril.

*making no further allegations of impropriety

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bizarre.

So the members elected representative can't speak to the members.

How about they give him some media training if that is the real reason, which I doubt.

This club is hardly inclusive with this type of attitude.

Surely all board members and department heads have had media training. There’s literally zero chance that they haven’t.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
#agitators

Nigel Smart

Nigel Smart was a celebrated footballer for the AFC. While not a rocket scientist he is an intelligent well spoken person

Nigel joined the AFC board in 2005 and has been Deputy Chairman since 2009 (wiki) From 2013 Smart has been Chief Operating Officer . To be fair I am not across exactly what this role requires but it keeps Nigel busy :D

My understanding is he has control of the non-football side of the AFC and is most successfully linked to the eSports team. While my personal belief is that the AFC should be devoted to the business of football I recognise the need to be diverse. My only concern is if its cash negative and impacting on the day to day football aspects of the AFC

Andrew Fagan

Andrew is the Chief Executive Officer and has been since 2014. Andrew had previously spent 10 years as CEO of the Brumbies from 2003 till 2013. A property scandal from his time in the ACT threatened to engulf Fagan in 2016 but support by the Board and Rob Chapman ensured Fagan stayed on. Re-reading the surrounding issue lets hope there is some oversight on the current move*

When appointed Fagan had this grand vision of filling the Trophy Cabinet by gathering the best football department in the land

View attachment 720308 View attachment 720309

Fagan along with Smart have extended the reach of the AFC into diverse areas such as eSports and ownership/participation in the Adelaide Bite. I wonder how much this has compromised the release of funds to get the best people in the land? Or are we content to be risk diverse and stay under the soft cap?

My overall impression is that there have been times Fagan has spent energy putting out football fires when a better use of his time and resources might be in other areas. But alternatively he is the driver of the club. He reports to the Board and his strength of conviction should carry some weight. His role is as CEO of a football club and his failure to not only not deliver trophies and the best football department in the land, but to not even get close is fairly and squarely in his court

If he is to sign another 5 year contract ( which is due) then he needs to start by recognising that the fans are the drivers of his football journey. Ignore them at your peril.

*making no further allegations of impropriety

Ah yes the esports team, that giant money sink... I had almost forgot about that.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ah yes the esports team, that giant money sink... I had almost forgot about that.

Massive money sink, but engagement stats are through the roof. Fages channeling a bit of Triggy’s, “but website hits are up”. *, forgot we’re also equally a baseball club these days, how much extra coin are we extracting from that venture? Enough to pay out contracted *silly people?

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
One of my mates saw a presentation from the AFC where they said that the esports team is now cost neutral to the club but the license is worth 12x what we paid for it

For what it's worth

Back