Petition/Letter to the Club demanding an external review (now with PDF link in OP)

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we tried everything in our power to win a premiership during the window you could respect it and say to yourself at least we tried our best. But it's like we did everything in our power to make it more difficult for ourselves and eventually prematurely close the window.

I have zero faith left in this club. The thought that these same people will have the future of 18 year olds in their incompetent hands while we rebuild is truly disturbing.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Is this a serious post or DABM piss take
Well, it's both.

I'm sure we'll trumpet loudly about a top to bottom review we're having and use the word external a lot.

That's where things will finish.

The review (if it actually exists) will reaffirm a lot of our beliefs.

It will not be publicly available but we'll talk about how we've made some subtle changes to structure and processes.

What are the changes?

"I don't really want to get into the specifics..."

Well, it's both.

I'm sure we'll trumpet loudly about a top to bottom review we're having and use the word external a lot.

It will not be publicly available but we'll talk about how we've made some subtle changes to structure and processes.

What are the changes?

Will be like Chapman promised transparency after Tippett-gate... yet we are still waiting for him to tell the club's side of the story...

He wonders why we don't trust him.

Well, it's both.

What are the changes?

"We'll tweak a few things..."

"We're constantly looking to improve all aspects of our operation and this is no different"

Hell, they'll probably get Trigg to do the review lol.

Footy Classified just mentioned that there has been a push from Adelaide players to bring Teague back
Hmmm, let's compare Teague & Hart...

Would be great if he returned.

Would Gov want to come back lol.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Hmmm, let's compare Teague & Hart...

Would be great if he returned.

Would Gov want to come back lol.
Personally I'd have thought he would in line to take the over from Camporeale .. and push Hart as well

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
They just called for an external review on Talking Footy.

Said if ever there was a club that needed a Richmond or Collingwood style comprehensive independent review, it is us.

Called us an "arrogant club".

We have always been an arrogant club. It’s just in recent times we’ve had less and less to warrant it

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Footy Classified just mentioned that there has been a push from Adelaide players to bring Teague back
The main reason Gov left was to work with Teague at Carlton. Was told this by an AFC Football Dept employee.

The players and Pyke love him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well, it's both.

What are the changes?

"we'll be making a few tweaks..."

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
and there's the problem.
Players directing culture rather than coaches and Admin.
Alternatively, Caro highlighted on Monday night on Footy Classified that Adelaide have a playing group that is strong and pushes their own agendas. She claimed the playing group were largely responsible for Sanderson getting sacked as an example.

Yet I always thought Ruccuito realised that Sanderson wanted/needed someone to hold his hand (Bailey) and decided rather than getting an experienced coach in to assist Sanderson, move him on and get someone who could handle the role by themselves (Walsh).

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Alternatively, Caro highlighted on Monday night on Footy Classified that Adelaide have a playing group that is strong and pushes their own agendas. She claimed the playing group were largely responsible for Sanderson getting sacked as an example.

Yet I always thought Ruccuito realised that Sanderson wanted/needed someone to hold his hand (Bailey) and decided rather than getting an experienced coach in to assist Sanderson, move him on and get someone who could handle the role by themselves (Walsh).
You can't see how they're connected? If Sando isn't strong enough to coach himself, how is he going to handle a playing group that want to be the ones dictating how things go.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
You can't see how they're connected? If Sando isn't strong enough to coach himself, how is he going to handle a playing group that want to be the ones dictating how things go.
Actually no. It wasn't about him being strong enough to coach by himself, it was about him not having or having a weakness with strategy. If he lost players because of it, so be it. I've never heard Caro rip into another club when a coach has been sacked because "they lost the players" ..

And on that note, in the same segment, she went on to say as far as she's concerned "Don has lost the playing group."

Back