Votes: 90 53.3%

• Total voters

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I'm in two minds. The camera proof thing will generate melts. There is real world impact when teams get oodles of time to set up for the kick in though.

if this is in response to the Swans goal against Geelong then i have bad news for you mate - the umpire review got it right:

correct goal review.jpg

2D v 3D, can you definitely prove his boot has made contact with the ball prior to it finally crossing the line ?
i took that screengrab on Foxtel. The umpires with slow-mo and exact frame by frame obviously saw enough proof to make it a goal. Stop whinging.

eaglesfan84

Premium Platinum
Oct 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
i took that screengrab on Foxtel. The umpires with slow-mo and exact frame by frame obviously saw enough proof to make it a goal. Stop whinging.
Just trying to improve the game, not whinging, if you enjoy sitting waiting for a score review to be made on something that could go either way that's fine. I'm trying to gauge how many fans don't want it.

Cincinnatus

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Petitioning the AFL to get rid of the score review system all together, there's no need for it especially in light of the ridiculous decisions being made this season. The game flows better, teams maintain their momentum, crowds stay involved and we should just back the umpires in to call it right.

Just stop it.

Review system gets way more right than wrong.

It only gets involved when there is a stoppage. Its not like in the A-League where it can stop play.

Why wouldnt you want the right result? We see with field umpires how costly human error can be.

Cincinnatus

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just trying to improve the game, not whinging, if you enjoy sitting waiting for a score review to be made on something that could go either way that's fine. I'm trying to gauge how many fans don't want it.

Decisions arent meant to be ones that could go either way. Its meant to be the only decision. The right one.

It seriously doesnt take that long.

Petitioning the AFL to get rid of the score review system all together, there's no need for it especially in light of the ridiculous decisions being made this season. The game flows better, teams maintain their momentum, crowds stay involved and we should just back the umpires in to call it right.

free kicks and marks resulting in a goal aren't reviewed, so I see no reason why goals should be

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
I like it

Sometimes it is used when not needed and other times it isn't used when needed

Cameron's goal against us a couple weeks ago was ridiculous. I know the review system is there to check if it was touched or hit the post but surely out of bounds is a possibility to be checked for too - especially when it was that obvious

Back