Petition to sack Brad Scott

skinner84

Debutant
Apr 7, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't write this but I think it's worth sharing. If we want NMFC to understand how unhappy we are with this mediocrity then this is how we do it. Requires an account on change.org but registration is quick.

http://chng.it/L9SXLbwcBb

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't write this but I think it's worth sharing. If we want NMFC to understand how unhappy we are with this mediocrity then this is how we do it. Requires an account on change.org but registration is quick.

No thanks, those petitions are cringeworthy.

Scotts doing what Scotts does will get the job done for us by the end of the year.

skinner84

Debutant
Apr 7, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
“Brian Brian”

Sounds legit....

I have read more compelling and well articulated posts on here in the past week than Brian Brian’s OP

I agree. Not well written but it's the only one out there at the moment.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

People generally CBF'ed signing up to these things, then admin look at the lack of participation and deduce the fans are happy with the coach.

If you want change then start ringing/sending emails/letters directly to the Chairman.

Get on talk back radio this morning also and start spewing fire.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
People generally CBF'ed signing up to these things, then admin look at the lack of participation and deduce the fans are happy with the coach.

If you want change then start ringing/sending emails/letters directly to the Chairman.

I wrote a letter once to Greg Miller in 96 about the merge and how it was broken on the Footy Show ahead of the Members and it’s duplicity. To his credit he wrote back.

Both were written, in pen.

Snail mail letters are worth something like 10,000 emails in terms of getting peoples attention.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Snail mail letters are worth something like 10,000 emails in terms of getting peoples attention.

Yep.

If 20 letters land on Buckley's desk this week, then the clock will start ticking big time.

Hold off folks, something far more effective in this field is coming.

Just wait a few days (at most) folks, something is in the offing in this regard that will work better than Brian Brian's well intentioned but poorly executed affair here.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Just wait a few days (at most) folks, something is in the offing in this regard that will work better than Brian Brian's well intentioned but poorly executed affair here.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Dear Mr Buckley.

My name is _________

I have been a member for ________ and buy memberships for ____ members of my family.

I am writing to express my concern for the direction our coach brad Scott is taking this football club in.

While this year's poor form is a catalyst for this letter it comes as a result of years of poor coaching. Mr Scott isn't a bad coach but he just isn't good enough. We continually make the same mistakes.

Season after season we are not ready for round one.

WE make the same basic skill errors in every game and they continually cost us games. No actions seems to be taken to fix these skill errors as year after year the same players make the same errors. We are unable to hold leads, claw back ground or fight games out. These are what we've come to see as standard North Melbourne traits and its damaging the club and the members morale that our team is unable to produce them.

The standards of football are not high enough and it seems Mr Scott does nothing to enforce them. After such high hopes and some very effective recruiting over the off season its heart breaking to see these sub standard performances seemingly accepted by the coach and the club.

I understand there is a new side and new players (9 new players so far this year), some aspects of the off season were upsetting and surely unsettled the club immensely and that this will all have an effect on team cohesion as everyone learns to play together effectively. We would have been inclined to accept these performances as part of building cohesion with the new players.

However Mr Scott's performance in after match press conferences has been the last straw. We don't want him to single out players in public. Its a team sport and the team is responsible for the result but the things he has said in recent weeks has been insulting to members and many of us are asking if he's laughing at us. "If we'd won by 20 points...." "If the game had stopped at half time..."

These comments are unacceptable and run the risk of making the team a laughing stock. As one of the club's former coaches once said "If my aunt had whiskers she'd be my uncle." Its meaningless drivel and has nothing to do with what happened on the field or how we deal with the results.

If the club is considering allowing Mr Scott to see out his coaching contract the very least it needs to do is institute some sort of root and branch independent "forensic review" of the entire football department. In the last decade or so Geelong, Richmond and Collingwood have all undertaken such reviews and the result has been success on field almost immediately.

We are crying out for this as a club, it seems desperately needed.

The AFLW, VFL sides and improvements to Arden St are fantastic things moving forward for our club. We need to ensure the senior team's performance matches these great strides forward or we risk sliding into irrelevance as a club.

Yours sincerly

Yada Yada Yada

Last edited:

Didn't see this but everyone - please feel free to use that form letter in the meantime.

Didn't see this but everyone - please feel free to use that form letter in the meantime.

Agree, the letter is good and we need all the pressure we can get.

skinner84

Debutant
Apr 7, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dear Mr Buckley.

My name is _________

I have been a member for ________ and buy memberships for ____ members of my family.

I am writing to express my concern for the direction our coach brad Scott is taking this football club in.

While this year's poor form is a catalyst for this letter it comes as a result of years of poor coaching. Mr Scott isn't a bad coach but he just isn't good enough. We continually make the same mistakes.

Season after season we are not ready for round one.

WE make the same basic skill errors in every game and they continually cost us games. No actions seems to be taken to fix these skill errors as year after year the same players make the same errors. We are unable to hold leads, claw back ground or fight games out. These are what we've come to see as standard North Melbourne traits and its damaging the club and the members morale that our team is unable to produce them.

The standards of football are not high enough and it seems Mr Scott does nothing to enforce them. After such high hopes and some very effective recruiting over the off season its heart breaking to see these sub standard performances seemingly accepted by the coach and the club.

I understand there is a new side and new players (9 new players so far this year), some aspects of the off season were upsetting and surely unsettled the club immensely and that this will all have an effect on team cohesion as everyone learns to play together effectively. We would have been inclined to accept these performances as part of building cohesion with the new players.

However Mr Scott's performance in after match press conferences has been the last straw. We don't want him to single out players in public. Its a team sport and the team is responsible for the result but the things he has said in recent weeks has been insulting to members and many of us are asking if he's laughing at us. "If we'd won by 20 points...." "If the game had stopped at half time..."

These comments are unacceptable and run the risk of making the team a laughing stock. As one of the club's former coaches once said "If my aunt had whiskers she'd be my uncle." Its meaningless drivel and has nothing to do with what happened on the field or how we deal with the results.

If the club is considering allowing Mr Scott to see out his coaching contract the very least it needs to do is institute some sort of root and branch "forensic review" of the entire football department. In the last decade or so Geelong, Richmond and Collingwood have all undertaken such reviews and the result has been success on field almost immediately.

We are crying out for this as a club, it seems desperately needed.

The AFLW, VFL sides and improvements to Arden St are fantastic things moving forward for our club. We need to ensure the senior team's performance matches these great strides forward or we risk sliding into irrelevance as a club.

Yours sincerly

Yada Yada Yada

Nice work - what's the email for Ben Buckley?

I mentioned this in another thread.

I wrote an email to Ben last week asking what he meant in the Open Letter to members when he referred to opening up lines of communication with members and giving us an opportunity to talk through our issues. I pointed out that he didn't tell us how we could communicate our issues.

He responded saying a new membership email will be set up, and details will follow in his next communication. Considering he said he would communicate every month we're still a couple of weeks away, unless they are rushing it through.

Personally, you'd think they would just get someone to respond to the membership@nmfc.com.au email address.

Back