AFL Club
North Melbourne
Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
I know the context was vastly different but..
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.he...m/news-story/811a06ad81d43794de1771705c46487f

A halftime walkout would send a message and get the talking heads on board.
Pretty drastic measures but if things keep up with no change, I dunno. At a loss right now.

It worked for A-League fans in November 2015. Footage ended up on the TV and every newspaper, video went mad online.

It's got strong optics. If it ever got as dire as 0-7 or 1-9 and no one looks like budging, it should absolutely be on the table as an option.

It worked for A-League fans in November 2015. Footage ended up on the TV and every newspaper, video went mad online.

It's got strong optics. If it ever got as dire as 0-7 or 1-9 and no one looks like budging, it should absolutely be on the table as an option.
It would need to involve the cheer squad for it to have any impact. Are our cheer squad members the sort of people that would do that?

It would need to involve the cheer squad for it to have any impact. Are our cheer squad members the sort of people that would do that?
Indeed it would need to include them, as otherwise it just looks like a regular halftime where many people hit the bars, toilets or go for a smoke.

Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory

Probably not. The optics would have to be on the wings/level 3.

And it would have to be midway through the third quarter, maybe organise a pub or watch the game on the big screen outside like the Victory fans did.

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
Nek minnit - All of us on Saturday night at Arden Street post game.

Simpsons Pitchforks.jpg

Probably not. The optics would have to be on the wings/level 3.

And it would have to be midway through the third quarter, maybe organise a pub or watch the game on the big screen outside like the Victory fans did.
It would only work if the vast majority of one area did it. he cheer squad are probably best positioned to organise that. If the media have the heads up its going to happen then the cameras will be on them. You know the media, controversy sells so they'll be all over it.

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People generally CBF'ed signing up to these things, then admin look at the lack of participation and deduce the fans are happy with the coach.

If you want change then start ringing/sending emails/letters directly to the Chairman.

Get on talk back radio this morning also and start spewing fire.
Lol nothings more credible than the emotional call-in spewing fire.

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We should not give up on the tradition of a large mob to gather at the players race at the end of the game in such numbers and barrage Brad with enough theatre (creative hand gestures, rabid frothing at the mouth, full vocabulary, etc) to get the media involved. Headlines "North faithful vent at coach". Always a clear signpost for an imminent coach departure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
We should not give up on the tradition of a large mob to gather at the players race at the end of the game in such numbers and barrage Brad with enough theatre (creative hand gestures, rabid frothing at the mouth, full vocabulary, etc) to get the media involved. Headlines "North faithful vent at coach". Always a clear signpost for an imminent coach departure.
You want to get the Vegans out again?

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies

I’ll be there with my pet cats membership card in hand. I’ll bend it and snap and throw it as they walk up the race. Sure to get some airtime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Eagles have 10 Coaches + Simpsons

He said as much on radio yesterday that he does very little in terms of 1-1 with players...it’s all those 10
Correct, more strategy and game day. This is the way bigger clubs are going.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Copy it, write or type it out without the blank spaces and send it in if you want.

That last press conference was really irritating.

Yes it was, he's getting quite prickly with the media, most likely because he is feeling immense pressure either from the standards he's set himself or from the club (not to mention those on Big footy!)

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Please provide me with some realistic alternatives so I can consider signing.
  • Who are the alternative Level 4 coaches ready to go?
  • Can they talk in front of the media or is he/she going to be embarrassing like Worsfold, Bolton etc?
  • Can we afford a payout or will it put us further in debt?
  • Are we considering existing North coaches? What have the current Forward, Midfield and Defensive coaches done to prepare our players for 6-6-6?

I hear you and my view is football clubs have become increasingly complex in organizational structure. Not quite but somewhat like F1 in complexity regardless if you have the best aerodynamics, best drivers, fastest car, no good if the engine isn't powerful enough or reliable, or gearbox packs up etc. There are a lot of ingredients to get just right. So many line coaches, assistants, development etc these days, that the senior coach's role almost comes down to an overseer role, and game day strategy. Could be the case that senior coach micro manages other coaches. Group think could creep in where everyone feels obliged to agree with the senior coach, communication breakdowns. I really don't know, but these are all issues that occur in all organizations that increase in complexity, and an outside review would be a good starting point with open, anonymous and honest discussions and interviews with all staff, coaches, and players.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It would only work if the vast majority of one area did it. he cheer squad are probably best positioned to organise that. If the media have the heads up its going to happen then the cameras will be on them. You know the media, controversy sells so they'll be all over it.
The media is the key. Cc them in emails, mail them copies of letters to the club, so they can see the depth of frustration that supporters have.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
I just told a bully at his sons school to beat young scott's up and steal his lunch money every day until his dad resigns from North. I've also told the bully that I'll be beating him up and stealing both lunch money's every day until Brad Scott resigns. This motivates the bully to bully harder. I'm not proud of beating up a kid but 1) I'm a doer 2) Bullies should be punished 3) I'm using the money to buy North merchandise so it's actually helping the club.

tenor.gif
[/QUO

Ha, leave the women and children out of this,,,,,although an acquaintance of mine did attend St Kevs and was bullied by none other than.....oh im talking BS now,,,,,,,,,what goes around.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back