Petition to sack Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

I think B scott has done admirable job since he has taken over as head coach. What has he not achieved a premiership. Well only 2 coaches in the history of the NMFC have achieved that so he is not alone there. I cannot think of any major things that have gone wrong for him as coach on or off field I realize most people are impatient and want success all the time don't we all. We have been around for 150 years I don't think B Scott being coach will jeopardise us not being around for the next 150 years
We have been in a lot worse situations than we are now and here we are still.
It more than likely is time for a change probably do the club and the players the world of good fresh faces new ideas I just think a bit of respect for a guy who has put his heart and soul into the NMFC would not go astray.
Thanks Brad

Respectfully, I disagree on the bold.

9 years is an eon for an AFL coach. 9 years and no Grand Final appearance, resulting in stagnant on-field performance and supporter exasperation, in no way whatsoever equals impatience.

The best part of a decade is surely long enough to make a reasonable assessment & call for a shakeup without being labelled impatient?
So if we had made a grand final appearance more North supporters would be happy is that what you mean.

So if we had made a grand final appearance more North supporters would be happy is that what you mean.
Happier, possibly. What I mean is 10 years is plenty long enough for a new voice, new ideas. Running with "people are impatient" doesn't really wash for me in this instance.

Brad needs to realise that coaching NM and targeting players from other clubs is not going to result in the star studded line up of the Brisbane in early 2000s. Wise recruitment and development of young talent is required. I think Brad has been cutting to many corners and i suspect our footy department under funded.

To be fair, I was a bit worked up after the last game, but given a few days to calm down, I have changed my stance a little bit. I am still not happy with the start of our year, or that we always seem to lose round 1 and be the back foot for the start of every year. I am also not happy with our apparent lack of development of players and that we seem to have a number of them who seem to be constantly injured. So, rather than act rashly and start firing people, I in support of a number of other people here in ensuring that there is a full independent review into the football department, and membership department. I would also expect this review to include a report to us the members and an opportunity for us to ask the board about the findings and the actions that will be taken from the report.

This review can start mid year, especially as it seems finals is not going to happen (I really hope I am wrong about this).

Happier, possibly. What I mean is 10 years is plenty long enough for a new voice, new ideas. Running with "people are impatient" doesn't really wash for me in this instance.
like I said at the end of my post I to think it is probably a good idea for knew ideas and fresh faces So we get a knew coach how long as supporters do we what to wait or think it is fair to wait for our next flag and at the end of the day Kangatime and Snake are right Premierships are the only thing that really matter when gauging success. King Corey posted 3 to 4 years is enough time to know if you have a premiership coach probably pretty accurate So if the knew coach has not got a flag by then or looks like not getting getting one we ship him off am I right. Not trying to be smart or clever or upset anyone at all everything my post are only my opinions. It does not make them wrong or right they are only opinions. Like I continue to say my only concern is the NMFC period.

like I said at the end of my post I to think it is probably a good idea for knew ideas and fresh faces So we get a knew coach how long as supporters do we what to wait or think it is fair to wait for our next flag and at the end of the day Kangatime and Snake are right Premierships are the only thing that really matter when gauging success. King Corey posted 3 to 4 years is enough time to know if you have a premiership coach probably pretty accurate So if the knew coach has not got a flag by then or looks like not getting getting one we ship him off am I right. Not trying to be smart or clever or upset anyone at all everything my post are only my opinions. It does not make them wrong or right they are only opinions. Like I continue to say my only concern is the NMFC period.

I get your gist but you should stop typing posts sky diving.

I am not in favour of a mid season sacking, it stinks of desperation and we would probably just give the caretaker role to someone like Crocker or Tudor so not sure much is going to change.

Brad has said before we wont need to sack him, if we ever felt he wasn't the right man for the job then he would walk away and I have no reason to believe that he is dishonest.

I think if both parties can agree that we haven't had the desired results over his 8+ years at the club and we feel it is better to go a different direction while we have recruited a good quantity of young players in recent years, then I am okay if he is given notice and finds something like a position at the AFL and we give him the opportunity to announce he is moving on to something else and it will give him more time with his family, etc and we can part on good terms.

I still think we have a much better list than our current performances have indicated we just don't have the depth to cover the defensive players we have lost, that doesn't excuse the terrible state in which our team is in at the start of almost every season, we are a long way behind the clubs that use the JLT to fine tune the best 25, we just treat it like circle work so we aren't prepared for the JLT and as a result aren't prepared for the season when it starts. We can't just keep doing the same thing and expect different results, it is madness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just Leaked from Arden st
62ef483485c1516d18cf132c2bb97fea.gif

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not convinced a Grand Final appearance - in say 2015 for example - would change my view. I think it is time either way personally, too long with the same messages, the same general philosophy and approach. We're fast approaching time for a fresh look at things, FWIW I'm not convinced my position would change on an extension post next year even if we did make a Grand Final this year.

9 years is an eon for an AFL coach. 9 years and no Grand Final appearance, resulting in stagnant on-field performance and supporter exasperation, in no way whatsoever equals impatience.

The best part of a decade is surely long enough to make a reasonable assessment & call for a shakeup without being labelled impatient?

Agree but will add that we have been patient. We acknowledged the path the club was embarking on at the end of 2016 and happy to go along with it, expecting pain for future growth/benefit. Unfortunately it was a half baked effort, where we still played an old team despite having a young list, and did nothing to develop key position players in particular, and relied on the excuse that we now have a stand alone VFL team which will help development. I firmly believe to be an AFL player you have to play AFL, "practising" your craft in the VFL will just make good VFL players.

The thing is we are only 3 games into the year and he hasn't really had this second rebuild yet. The only thing that's soured me against him has been the stuff he is saying publicly. I said I'd wait till the start of May (round 5/6-ish) to judge the side's performance. I was expecting at least one win by now tho. Things'd want to be different this week I reckon.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not convinced a Grand Final appearance - in say 2015 for example - would change my view. I think it is time either way personally, too long with the same messages, the same general philosophy and approach. We're fast approaching time for a fresh look at things, FWIW I'm not convinced my position would change on an extension post next year even if we did make a Grand Final this year.

What if we win one and suddenly things seem to have clicked?

What if we win one and suddenly things seem to have clicked?

In that case I guess I'll be riding my unicorn down to Arden St to tell Brad how I got it wrong.

Honestly, if we win one this year... I'm still not sure. I reckon 10 years might be enough either way. Certainly I wouldn't be extending post 2020 (this year) based on that alone.

Probably not, a grand final appearance just creates higher expectations. No different from consecutive prelim appearances, and the longest run of consecutive wins at start of 2016. The problem is that we've embarked on a "mini rebuild", performed well when everyone wrote us off in 2018, have brought in 4 experienced players, while we haven't regenerated our aging spine, and now there is little wonder the expectations are now to make finals at the least. Those expectations have been shot to death very quickly, and sorry no amount of spin can excuse the fact that our tackling numbers are so low compared to other teams which just screams lack of effort. Unless things turn around and fast, we've gone backwards when everything the club has done indicates we should be going forwards in results. The scary thing is where does this leave us next year and beyond. Who is our next ruckman? (I hope Xerri can get back out there, but he's going to take a long time to develop) Where is the help for Brown? Will Maj make it back and at what level? Will Durdin make it? Thompson and Tarrant's best years are behind them. So what is the point of bringing in players in their late 20s? Damage may well have been done cause I just don't see how we aren't going to be stuck in a continual rebuild. Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

In that case I guess I'll be riding my unicorn down to Arden St to tell Brad how I got it wrong.

Honestly, if we win one this year... I'm still not sure. I reckon 10 years might be enough either way. Certainly I wouldn't be extending post 2020 (this year) based on that alone.

:D

If we play a GF and become a team that looks like a flag contender under him of course we'll all want him to stay. Especially if we win one and another looks likely. (We all know what happened to Collingwood when Bucks started.)

That's looking increasingly less likely to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back