Petition to sack Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

The weeks leading up to the bye are going to be very interesting.

With us playing he Swans, Dogs, Tigers, Suns and Giants, you would have to think we would have to win at least 2 of those to keep the executioner away until the end of the year.

If we go into the bye at 3-11, then you would think that the trigger will be pulled mid season.

Yeah dunno, and I suppose I'm more of 'it's going to happen' rather than 'I need it to happen soon'. Most likely at seasons end I'd reckon. How long has Tudor been coaching for?

I think the trigger will purely get pulled due to them trying to quell supporter backlash.

I also think if Brad gets a sniff that the decision has been made, he will try and protect his brand and maybe even make the decision himself?

I’m not sure how he survives? I think either way he is done. Hollow wins in the back half will probably piss people off more than truly bottoming out.

I think the trigger will purely get pulled due to them trying to quell supporter backlash.

I also think if Brad gets a sniff that the decision has been made, he will try and protect his brand and maybe even make the decision himself?

I’m not sure how he survives? I think either way he is done. Hollow wins in the back half will probably piss people off more than truly bottoming out.
Telekom Veszprem HC have already made enquiries about Scotts' Availability. :stern look

Hollow wins are the concern and guys like Scotty T can assist with those, he won't be playing in 2020. Yeah Brad aint totally stupid, he'll walk

Yeah dunno, and I suppose I'm more of 'it's going to happen' rather than 'I need it to happen soon'. Most likely at seasons end I'd reckon. How long has Tudor been coaching for?

I’ve been very interested to read your comments in a couple of threads, The accurate one. Can I ask if you KNOW that something IS ‘going to happen’ or are you just hoping?

Without making player comparisons, I think the whole point that is being made is that Clarkson has the balls to make decisions in the best interest of his footy club, while Bead Scott only does what’s best for Brad.

What is does is sends a clear messaging to all in the playing group that no one is above poor form. Can anyone honestly say the same thing about Brad Scott and his selection policy?

All Brad has achieved is a bunch of underachieving content footballers, who think near enough is good enough.

You may not think BS is a good coach, but your slander of him is a shame. Play the ball not the man.

You may not think BS is a good coach, but your slander of him is a shame. Play the ball not the man.
It’s a long bow to call that slanderous.

There is a body of evidence there that backs up what I have actually stated.

The man himself actually admitted that he would continue to play his ageing veterans if they were still on his list and that’s why they retired them off.

If that isn’t enough to show you the difference between Alistair Clarkson, who has the stones to drop one of his veterans, and Brad Scott, then I will let you return back to your bubble of ignorance.

At days end we have a coach that has been there for 209 games for a 105/104 win/loss record, it really doesn't matter what our personal views are that's a failure in anyone's book.

Am excited as I believe the wheels are in motion and we will see significant change. Posters here calling Joyce as about done are correct. Once that piece of the puzzle falls.....

Apparently those involved at club level copped an almighty spray from the fans as they walked the boundary at half time. First time they can recall that happening.
The club has no soul.
They came back onto the arena after half time and not one supporter claps or flag was waved. Not even a cheer. In a home game. It was eery

Just on the Laidley resignation, a big part of why it was accepted by the club was because the footy we played in 2009 was downright disgusting. People stopped coming to games.
And this is what the board trumps above all. Attendance. Brad can play all the golf in the world with whoever he wants but once supporters turn the board won’t care how many mates Brad has.
This is what cost Laidley and will cost Brad.
It’s almost sad though we’re not forward thinking and being on the front foot in taking action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that and Thommo is great, Al wouldn't bother playing a 33 yr old in a side that's second last. Just the same as he wouldn't have Durdin on the list for six years and have played ten games.

Have you seen the injury list for our backman?

The weeks leading up to the bye are going to be very interesting.

With us playing he Swans, Dogs, Tigers, Suns and Giants, you would have to think we would have to win at least 2 of those to keep the executioner away until the end of the year.

If we go into the bye at 3-11, then you would think that the trigger will be pulled mid season.

5 in the bag

Puts us at 7 wins

Have you seen the injury list for our backman?

Yes I have and it does float my boat that one of the guys bagged and questioned as to him being list worthy is now seen as a reasonable excuse for our tardy performance.

McKay, Watson and once Durds serves his sentence he'll be available, so that's three and Daw isn't far off which is four, then williams , Murphy etc, we've plenty of options for a side sitting 17th and having won 22 of our last 65 games.

And for mine the only option that shouldn't be considered when you add it all together is 33 yr old's. It makes no sense and yes I want us to finish stone motherless last.

Get the first pick, strap it to Mason Wood and parade it up and down main St.

The club has no soul.
They came back onto the arena after half time and not one supporter claps or flag was waved. Not even a cheer. In a home game. It was eery

Was also there, the North crowd despite being the majority I'd say, was so quiet and didn't even pipe up until our surge at the third quarter.

Also call me crazy, but I swear to god I heard piped in cheers from the loudspeaker when Ablett was getting boo'd the second or third time.

Like swear to god, it was all coming from behind me up on the 2nd level.

Cast your mind back to pre-season 1993.

Luke O'Sullivan does his knee running into an open goal at VFL park that was the 2nd bad injury at that ground that week.

North game gets moved to Football Park and a 141 point massacre ensues with our coach sacked pre-season. Name me another?

No coach, no captain and no sponsor with weeks to go before round 1.

1993 was a magical year and the first dozen rounds glorious.

We have had only 3 coaches since 1993... all stubborn and stale as...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back