Petition to save our great club song

Remove this Banner Ad

Struggle to believe the club can endorse this without member consent. I have signed but feel let down by the club if they have already rubber stamped this change.
Don't think the club has endorsed it.Rather AFLHQ doing something to show they are doing something and as per the past screwing it.I mean they had ample time to bring out the new songs and get feedback from all the clubs members.But no they bring it out a week before the season starts so the chance of an upheaval from clubs members can be lost amongst the excitement of a new season.
Its now upto the club itself to do the right thing and play our old song.

They need to somehow fix the wrong word in the old song.
Last year was ridiculous with the words on the boundary graphic saying “shin” but the song said “skin”.
Or at least make a new version that’s better than the old one, not a pathetic whine with fake instruments.
It’s been like it for over 40 years and it’s never mattered.

Surely they could have just fixed one word.....

Club haven't endorsed it.... the AFL owns all the songs. We just wanted a version that had the correct words... Can't believe it hasn't been corrects in 45 years.

To be honest I couldn't give 2 hoots though. We all know the words and sing it with gusto whenever we win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is this other version? I haven't heard a thing. How do we know what we are petitioning against?

Here’s the new, MIDI keyboards version:

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/af...-afl-clubs-new-theme-song-for-season-2018/amp

And here’s the timeless, real version:

Since you’ll get upset after hearing them both, here’s a little something to cheer you up again:

Jeez it does sound a lot more pompous doesn't it. Someone told the singers to super annunciate all the words. I reckon they could have been a bit more aggressive sounding on the old "yellow and black" part too. :S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back