Injury Pettard 3 months Lambert 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

It may be a short term blessing in disguise. Poor luck to Petterd and Lambert but both probably weren't in good enough form to warrant selection and they aren't the young kids that will develop. Hopefully Lennon, Knights and McDonough all get a look in and force Lloyd, Newman and/or Gordon out of the team when we get back to full fitness.

Last edited:

It may be a short term blessing in disguise. Poor luck to Petterd and Lambert but both probably weren't in good enough form to warrant selection and they are the young kids that will develop. Hopefully Lennon, Knights and McDonough all get a look in and force Lloyd, Newman and/or Gordon out of the team when we get back to full fitness.
i wouldn't be replacing lloyd just yet. but gordon hasn't done enough and newman definitely needs to be phased out.

i wouldn't be replacing lloyd just yet. but gordon hasn't done enough and newman definitely needs to be phased out.

I only liked this post for the Lloyd part. Gordon I think does need improvement BUT has shown enough to stay for next week I think. Newman, wow, so hard done by. Newman is playing well i think, maybe if he dyed those greys black people will stop complaining.

Terrible luck for those boys personally but forces 2 changes which needed to happen. Bring in a kid and let him pressure up forward. Who is the best option? Short? Arnot I would cop but I still don't think he's a forward.

I wouldn't play Gordon as a sub this week. Needs a full game - either VFL or AFL will do. Lennon should come in as should Knights with McDonough a big show as well. Obviously Lids and Titch would be the first inclusions, although I'd move Morris to the backline and drop one of Grimes/Batch (prob Grimes) and give Newy the 'old man needs a break from travel' rest and then he won't lose any face which seems to be a consideration these days....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t luck fellas.. best of luck with your recovery..

In terms of rookie promotion I wouldn't pull the trigger now... I'd put it on the table to the rookies... there is a spot up for grabs.. and see who performs consistently over a period of time..

I would prefer Arnot to be given a run in the current Morris role.. or could Short being able to play a small forward roll.. Castagna looked good in the NAB Cup so he could earn promotion..

Petterd is so unlucky.
Can recall his injury happening in the second quarter.
And still he played harder that most of his mates after the break.
Embarrassing.
Does anyone know what Griffiths injury was?

How did Lambert and Petterd go in the VFL the week of Round 1?

Unlucky for them both, but hopefully their replacements are Lids and Edwards.

Petterd is borderline best 22 but should be played as sub when in the team. Lambert isn't ready, which is a shame for a mature aged recruit

I haven't seen a game live but it seems that Newman has hardly been the worst player on the ground. His is probably a similar situation to Adam Goodes in that both can produce acceptable football during a match but nowhere near what they were able to do earlier in their careers. With the clunky performances of some of our backs, I can see a need for Newman to at least direct traffic for some time yet. It's long past time that newer players languishing in the seconds were gradually phased in to these positions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back