Family & Relationships Petty Dealbreakers

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Perth needs cafe bars. Benny's in Freo kind of is on a larger scale, but it's not a common thing and needs to be.

If you have a cafe, then you pretty much have everything you need for a bar. Just put on some music and pour wine instead of coffee, and you've effectively got a 2nd business on the same premises.

Europe has a lot going for it and it's easy to think the grass is greener, but most kids there probably dream of growing up somewhere where Summer lasts 3 months not a couple of weeks, you have a pool in your backyard, can just go to a white sand beach whenever you want and it won't be full of hairy middle aged men in smugglers etc.

true. I guess for owners it just costs too
much with wages etc to keep their businesses open all day long and into the nighttime.

cafes opening here from 6am-2pm is a bit depressing for people finishing work at 4 or 5. and you are right, it needs to be a widespread thing. no use having one cafe/bar open late while its surrounded by places that are closed, nobody will want to go.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
A Billy Birmingham NTTAWWTter ponytail!

Music in NOLA is out of control. I stopped at the corner of Bourbon and Canal Streets and there was a group of black dudes playing brass instruments. Would've been at least half a dozen and I swear a couple more turned up with instruments and joined in. Hung around for a good 10-15 minutes just watching them play it was that good.

Then popped into some bar which was practically empty (was still early ish) and had a girl singing to an audience of no one. She belted out one of the harder Michael Jackson songs and hit every single note perfectly. Ridiculously talented and probably earning nothing for it.

New York is like that, just about every bar you go into there are great musical acts from rock to blues to jazz, even the buskers are amazingly talented.

I guess cities like that attract the best musical talent as they're more likely to be discovered and get their big break there than in some backwater.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
true. I guess for owners it just costs too
much with wages etc to keep their businesses open all day long and into the nighttime.

cafes opening here from 6am-2pm is a bit depressing for people finishing work at 4 or 5. and you are right, it needs to be a widespread thing. no use having one cafe/bar open late while its surrounded by places that are closed, nobody will want to go.

The biggest cost for a lot of retail/hospitality businesses is premises. This place is $130k p.a. + outgoings:

http://www.commercialview.com.au/375-william-street-perth-wa/commercial-for-lease-details-11241992

If you have a cafe bar you can basically run two businesses and split the leasing costs.

"Politics is boring/They're all the same" types are probably the same people who genuinely believe "Advertising doesn't affect me".

What of those who believe that the political "beliefs" of the parties are irrelevant because they are all out to scam what they can; so the political belief is to vote out the incumbent and marginalise the seat for pork barrel profits?

download it and we can snap each other x x x x x
Forgotten each other's dealbreakers already haha ? :p
And there's a reason I have never used it haha
(I just have no interest in it )

Back