Family & Relationships Petty Dealbreakers

Remove this Banner Ad

Bingtang singlets on a chick

Problem?

f69d853fe12f212b2d66f5b13772a692--bintang.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s the standard Aussie bogan holiday destination. There are far far better places for a tropical holiday both in Aus and overseas. Bali attracts the lowest common denominator, cheap, feral bogans.

There may be better places, but that is entirely subjective. Seems a lot of people just don't like Bali because people poorer than them (bogans seems to be the catch all term) can also afford to go there.

Bali isn't just Kuta - there are plenty of areas you can go that aren't infested with 'bogan' Australians.

Bali isn't just Kuta - there are plenty of areas you can go that aren't infested with 'bogan' Australians.
Not for long. The bogans are spreading out. This conversation is amusing to me because I work with one of those bogan 'sheilas' who, along with her bogan hubby, go to Bali at least 3 times a year. Rough as guts, bourbon swilling chain smokers covered in s**t tatts. I overheard her recently talking about how they have started going to Seminyak because there's too many bogans in Kuta...

Not for long. The bogans are spreading out. This conversation is amusing to me because I work with one of those bogan 'sheilas' who, along with her bogan hubby, go to Bali at least 3 times a year. Rough as guts, bourbon swilling chain smokers covered in s**t tatts. I overheard her recently talking about how they have started going to Seminyak because there's too many bogans in Kuta...
Great.

Guess my next Bali trip is Nusa Dua or Uluwattu

i've not been to bali, but enough people that I don't respect the opinions of have told me how great it is and how I need to go with them 'next time me and the boys go' that It is at the very bottom of my travel destination wish list.
Blokes 'going with the boys' are the bogans this thread talks about.

I've been to Bali twice, family things. It's a cheap location and a lot of the islands nearby are equally cheap and very very nice. Slowly getting ruined by Chinese tourists but who can complain about quiet places, nice beaches, good weather, and spending a week or two snorkelling and fishing and taking it easy – especially when it's four hours away? Even Kuta isn't that bad. If I had a bunch of mates going I'd snap it up. Some okay restaurants if you look around and the idea of even sitting by the pool and hitting Bintang after Bintang really isn't that bad.

If it's the first and last and the start and end of tourism for you, then yeah. If you go there to haggle with poor people, wear singlets, walk around with stubbies and smokes, and get tatts and do shroom shakes then yes you're a *head.

Just remember... Spain. In the UK absolute bogans go to places like Benidorm for those pre-packaged hotel stays where they basically drink and get sunburnt. Some people just go there and do ecstasy and listen to Carl Cox sets in Ibiza. Some go there and spend their days walking around, seeing sights, having some swims, and eating tapas and drinking Estrallas at 1am... all of these places attract good and bad. It's what you make of it.

I once broke up with someone because they were a clapper. She took me to a comedy night at thebby with Mick Molloy, Russell Gilbert, & Trevor Marmalade(this should have been enough really) & when Mick Molloy came out to Nirvana's Lithium the audience started the white style good old clap along like you'd see on variety shows in the old days. Look over, gf clapping along too like we're at Nuremberg.

See ya

Remove this Banner Ad

Back