Other Peyton Manning Sexual Assault Cover-Up

The woman's entire career and character was assassinated, lost work, the boys club at the university railroading the truth and her 10 years of truly great service to the university and beyond. A woman of such high character and professionalism. Rookies get hazed, which is bad and all, but this is sinister in comparison and wholly shameful.
The following quotes, and I stress, if true, are the most concerning in all of this.

He told his father, Archie, "she's kind of trashy," and "had the most vulgar mouth of any girl he'd ever seen" and "was unattractive but had big breasts" and had "been out with a bunch of black guys" and "had a toilet mouth."

Another student athlete, Antonio Brewer, who has known Naughright since 1995, testified that he personally knew her to have high moral character and that her reputation for being a moral person was actually well-known at the university. He testified that he had never heard her use vulgar language of any kind (see page 43) and that he was deeply offended by the racist suggestion made by Archie Manning that she was sleeping around with black athletes.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
According to her . . .

Look, I'm not even denying they did what she claims they did, I'm just not seeing the s**t sticking on Peyton.

He was a kid at college FFS. That sort of manipulation & character assassination is the work of a veteran. If the s**t doesn't stick on Peyton then people lose interest in the story real quick.
according to her and piles of witness and character statements, including people close to manning defying him and wanting the truth to be told.

true people lose interest as other news stories come into our daily frame of lens, this A.D.D. world and social media, globalization in seconds.

but the greater depth of this story has been largely kept under wraps. i always knew there was some kind of sexual assault case involving manning at college, but i never knew the details and depth until someone posted this thread with Shaun King's article....who only himself had JUST received the full document of the case and read it, hence breaking the story properly.

i'd always just assumed it was some typical drunk girl and player in college type situation, perhaps he fondled her or something and they were able to discredit the victim that she was a willing partner or something.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The following quotes, and I stress, if true, are the most concerning in all of this.
There's a lot of concerning material in that article. Like them pinpointing the exact black guy they want to take the fall for it, and asking her (!!) as well to go along with that story, to just railroad some other guy (black to boot) to protect the precious manning instead. No liability/accountability, and racism at its lowest form, like 1920s cops whod frame a black guy for a crime and let him do life in jail to protect a white guy. Repulsive.

That's just one of many "most concerning" layers in that story.

Like years later manning defaming her in his book and repainting the story, firing first, "just in case" the truth came out JUST when manning was about to make it big in the NFL. which broke confidentiality clause in their court settlement too.

Or the athletics department canceling that saxon guys scholarship because he wouldn't lie. The uni kicking her out of the school IN SPITE of her being of the highest character and had served the athletics department far longer than any of the coaches etc who were there. That whole boys club thing.

I could go on.

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
This story is nothing like Cosby.

He tea-bagged someone as a prank (I presume) & others set about making sure it didn't damage his rep.

It makes Archie look worse than Peyton.

the comparison to Cosby was strictly about the way the stories had been known and reported on in the past but never became huge news.

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
There is no doubt that Peyton is not anywhere near as likeable as The NFL & ESPN make him out to be.

I listen to Collin Cowherd daily he calls Peyton the biggest phoney in sports, but this story is so old and he was so young - yes some elements are very worrying but to me it shines most negatively on Archie and even the two universities involved.

Although the double standards in relation to Winston's crab legs & Newton's laptop incident compared to this sexual harassment case is unbelievable but probably more to do with the times then racism or cover ups

Yeah but wasn't this all settled? Sure we all know the story to never meet your heroes. Besides young people make mistakes. Fortunately for him he was rich and could pay to overcome it.

Yeah manning is a drug taking sexual deviant. So is half the nfl.

Kluwe is also a campaigner

King is trying (too) hard to excuse Newton's immaturity. Somehow any failing he can find with Manning is proof that Cam isn't a self-interested, belligerent twat. Interesting logic.

Newton is no more reflective of black athletes than Manning is of white athletes. Plenty of black athletes agree with the criticism of Newton.

Cam has his chance over the next 12 months to prove the SB was an aberration. Manning has already done that ten-fold since this story was first reported.

White privilege? Hardly.

The only thing I will say on this is that King is a piece of s**t
But I want people to manufacture outrage articles out of stuff that occurred 20 years ago with court documents from one side of a settlement to unearth someones dirty laundry from when they were a teenager with a racist dad.

So its now all kings fault? Hes the devil in the details?
King, Mannings, his editor, the lawyers, the other party in the lawsuit, Goodell, Tebow, Kroenke and the corpse of Al Davis are all to blame.

Seriously though I hope no one has read it. Not enough hours in a day to read about an accusation. He was never found guilty, we don't know what was in the settlement and King has an agenda. What more do I need to know about the article?

Seriously though I hope no one has read it. Not enough hours in a day to read about an accusation. He was never found guilty, we don't know what was in the settlement and King has an agenda. What more do I need to know about the article?

Any concept of being "guilty" is tangential at best to this discussion. You can't be found guilty if you're not charged with anything. Doesn't mean that a given incident didn't happen. I haven't been found guilty of drinking tea this morning but several witnesses will attest that they observed me doing so.

Any concept of being "guilty" is tangential at best to this discussion. You can't be found guilty if you're not charged with anything. Doesn't mean that a given incident didn't happen. I haven't been found guilty of drinking tea this morning but several witnesses will attest that they observed me doing so.
Massive difference between sexual assault and drinking tea.

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
Has anyone (including Manning) even denied that it happened?

Besides, i think the real issue isnt so much the initial sexual assault but the effort that lasted for years afterwards to defame this woman and severely affect her career in the process. Manning can hardly be defended under the 'he was just a college kid' defence there.

Back