Other Peyton Manning Sexual Assault Cover-Up

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone (including Manning) even denied that it happened?

Besides, i think the real issue isnt so much the initial sexual assault but the effort that lasted for years afterwards to defame this woman and severely affect her career in the process. Manning can hardly be defended under the 'he was just a college kid' defence there.
I'm just hoping that was all covered in the settlement and she can still private practice.

Massive difference between sexual assault and drinking tea.

You don't say. Choose the actual crime of your choice if you feel there should be limits on analogies - OJ and murder?

ESPN did it for the Sunday edition of Outside The Lines
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...e-athletes-created-hostile-sexual-environment

The Tennessee lawsuit alleges that in 1996, when Manning was the Volunteers' quarterback, he placed his naked genitals on the face of a female athletic trainer while she was examining him for an injury. Manning has denied that he assaulted the trainer, saying instead that he was "mooning" a teammate. Manning was never the subject of a police investigation in the incident.

The lawsuit is for a violation of Title XI rights, and 2 weeks ago FSU lost a case for the same violations for the alleged rape victim of Jameis Winston.

The people claiming this story will tarnish Manning's legacy need to remember Brett Favre and his dick pics.

While most people consider such things as crass, they don't consider it to be sexual assault.

I'd compare it to Ray Lewis?
Probably a better comparison

Point being I just prefer to have a high standard of proof before stating they committed sexual assault

The people claiming this story will tarnish Manning's legacy need to remember Brett Favre and his dick pics.

While most people consider such things as crass, they don't consider it to be sexual assault.

I think it depends on how you react, some might not think its a huge deal, others feel violated. I dont know how i would feel but i dont think i would laugh it off if someone put his balls on my face. I doubt i would file charges.

and T-Baging someone is different to Dick pics.

The cover up and smear campaign is worse than the nuts on the forehead.

Sadly its expected when it comes to sexual assault or anything an bit time College Athletics. But now colleges also cover up rape from normal students because the school doesnt want to look bad. Vice did a good little thing last year on schools covering up rape.
http://www.vice.com/read/inside-the-culture-of-sexual-violence-at-americas-colleges

Schools cover up everything to do with big time college Athletics [Drugs, arrests, Sexual assult, Assult] unless its caught on camera by the public or they were arrested by non local police who are not connected to the Uni. and also cover up rape for every student

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt.

However, who are most people going to blame for that?

The Cover up always goes on the School and police, because they dont want to look bad. They cant say its to protect the athlete because most of the time its against athletes that will not make the pros or wont be anything special.

The rare occasions it involves a high profile student athlete [Jameis Winston] it still goes on the school for covering it up when it gets exposed. The student gets the blame for the alleged crime but the school and police get the blame for the cover up.

As someone said above- the biggest thing about this is the cover up and the smear campaign- I think everyone understands that this happened nearly 20 years ago/

Lol has anyone been watching Sportscenter? This morn and arvo they've kind of just said what the go was but just that, no discussion or anything and straight to commercial. It's like they saw the tweet saying that they're not gonna talk about it and talked about it just for a minute so they can say that wasn't true.

A lot of different types of scum in the NFL.

White trash racist scum like Manning
Dog killers like Vick
Rapists like {count the names}
Murderers and liars with god complexes like Lewis

etc.

I agree.

Just depends who they play for regarding the backlash and outrage levels of hatred.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back