Game Day PF 1, GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that.. don't care what other dogs supoorters say but i haven't once sledged gws or their supporters.
You came onto our board and had a go at our supporters.

If you want a bias mutt view point go on your own board.

This board is heavily leaned towards the Giants (dont ask me why )

Cant handle that then dont come on here.

Hi guys,

Newbie GWS fan here! I went to my first AFL match yesterday as my Dad had a spare ticket. I wasn't a big AFL fan but loosely followed GWS when they joined as my Dad is a foundation member.

It didn't take long before I was hooked! What an amazing game and atmosphere! By the end of the match I was devo that we lost! Still, I'm proud of the boys; I thought they fought to the end!

The Bulldogs were very good, so credit has to go to them. I think we have a big future, though. I think we can give the competition a real shake next year and hopefully go all the way!

P.S. is it not the "done thing" to go for the Swans next week if you're a GWS supporter? Normally I would go for a N.SW. team over a team from Victoria!!

Hi guys,

Newbie GWS fan here! I went to my first AFL match yesterday as my Dad had a spare ticket. I wasn't a big AFL fan but loosely followed GWS when they joined as my Dad is a foundation member.

It didn't take long before I was hooked! What an amazing game and atmosphere! By the end of the match I was devo that we lost! Still, I'm proud of the boys; I thought they fought to the end!

The Bulldogs were very good, so credit has to go to them. I think we have a big future, though. I think we can give the competition a real shake next year and hopefully go all the way!

P.S. is it not the "done thing" to go for the Swans next week if you're a GWS supporter? Normally I would go for a N.SW. team over a team from Victoria!!
Welcome.

And not necessarily.

I was going to go for the dogs until this week with their supporters, the vfl media and social media bull started.

Now im going for the swans

Welcome,it was a ripper off a game.
And yes you can go for the swans , I will be

You came onto our board and had a go at our supporters.

If you want a bias mutt view point go on your own board.

This board is heavily leaned towards the Giants (dont ask me why )

Cant handle that then dont come on here.
I've reported it. It a troll, it's obvious when someone persists and is feeling aggrueved and uses that to slip in offensive terms. Also reported post on their board when they copied a post from ours and then ridiculed within their own board. With disgraceful behaviour like that they should be ashamed. But you need a moral compass to feel shame.

Hi guys,

Also welcome.
It's your call. A lot of giants supporters have supported othér clubs and we generally respect each others views. I suspect a majority will support the Swans as the other NSW club.

I've reported it. It a troll, it's obvious when someone persists and is feeling aggrueved and uses that to slip in offensive terms. Also reported post on their board when they copied a post from ours and then ridiculed within their own board. With disgraceful behaviour like that they should be ashamed. But you need a moral compass to feel shame.

I'm not a "troll" at all. I have nothing against gws and i have said so countless times.

Dogs supporters can do whatever they want on their board just as you can so you're just being precious now

Hi guys,

Welcome. We're always happy to get new fans both to the Giants and to AFL in general.

I used to have an "Anyone but the swans" attitude, but now I've pretty much reversed it. Will be supporting the swans whole-heartedly for the GF. I reckon a lot of the posters on this board have a similar sentiment.

Gee that hurt last night. To be honest I thought we were lucky to to hang in the game and go ahead late. Smashed in the clearances and pretty poor entries inside 50m. Some lack of composure at crucial times cost us.

On another note, what an atmosphere, what a spectacle. Hopefully we've got a few more cottoned on supporters after last night. Reading the trash articles from down south and scrolling through Twitter actually made me think more of this great club. The fact that people are so fired up about us means we are relevant and well and truly engrained in this competition. Would much rather us become a feared, hated club like Collingwood than everyone's second favourite, pity team. Adds another dimension to us, keeps us in the AFL conversation more often and will only grow our club in our heartland with an us against them mentality.

Nah. I still hate the swans. Really don't care if they win or not. Bulldogs fans make it very difficult for me to give a s**** about them now too.

There's a rerun of "stop or my mom will shoot" or "Andre Rieu Live in Brazil" that would be preferable. But I'll probably settle for the Milan-Turin cycling classic on Eurosport.

Gee that hurt last night. To be honest I thought we were lucky to to hang in the game and go ahead late. Smashed in the clearances and pretty poor entries inside 50m. Some lack of composure at crucial times cost us.

On another note, what an atmosphere, what a spectacle. Hopefully we've got a few more cottoned on supporters after last night. Reading the trash articles from down south and scrolling through Twitter actually made me think more of this great club. The fact that people are so fired up about us means we are relevant and well and truly engrained in this competition. Would much rather us become a feared, hated club like Collingwood than everyone's second favourite, pity team. Adds another dimension to us, keeps us in the AFL conversation more often and will only grow our club in our heartland with an us against them mentality.
I hope I reach your level of acceptance, but will take time.
Kudos!
Great post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys,

Welcome aboard mate. Thats what growing this game is about.

Im torn who to go for. Pissed off at supporters of the dogs this week, however following freo for so long i know how much this woukd mean to their supporters

I want to say a sydney flag would help grow the game in this state but it probably wont make a difference they have won a few. I think the derby QF and our prlim and their GF does That job.

So i say.. Go dogs i guess

It was after all the hugs and handshakes as your team collected their footies to give to the crowd and go get the high fives and victory lap etc. Our guys gathered to go down the race the ground announcer said "and a big hand for the Giants, what an epic contest" and all you could hear was "Booooooo" form your mob.

Sorry but disgraceful, mean spirited, petty, nasty just s#*t act.
Well I certainly do not advocate that or agree with it. I'm not doubting it happened- just that I didn't notice it. I congratulate the Giants on a great contest and whilst it was a spiteful match, I don't think booing was deserved.
Apologies for the intrusion.

**** I have the biggest hangover ever and feel like spewing. Time to go get a maccas coke.
Hopefully next year that weird nauseating joy of a hangover and righteous jubilation. I have but I'll feel if we win one like no other.

Of course not. But their behaviour in the both the lead up and the aftermath left a really sour taste in my mouth. There are ways to behave when you win and the dogs fans showed exactly how not to. Now rank only second behind Rabbitoh fans as the most feral and disgraceful I've ever come across.
Yes it always pays to be humble, whether in defeat or a win. Otherwise it can come back to bite you on the ***!!

I can handle losing but it's the schadenfreude that I find nauseating.

I'm hoping someone can actually tell me when this club has to stop apologising for its existence.
Just ignore it - we at the Eagles still get accused to this day of having won our first flag due to having a State team playing at the time. The WAFL was strong in those days and we were given first pick at the local players (not sure how many now). Whingers will whinge.

Umpiring been poor whole finals series. Why is the " whistle put away " in a hard tough finals game and not h & a ?
Like to see the expert's explain that one especially.
It's been like that in finals for as long as I can remember. Do think however the umpires over officiate in some games during the home & away season. As long as umpires are consistent - but that's the problem - they aren't!!

It's been like that in finals for as long as I can remember. Do think however the umpires over officiate in some games during the home & away season. As long as umpires are consistent - but that's the problem - they aren't!!

I wish they'd blow the whistle to the rules. If they're going to "put the whistle away" and it's a good thing, change the rules. Pretty bloody obvious I'd have thought.

So you pick this out but not the free kick that Macrae should have got when Whitfield thumped him from behind..
You won the game buddy and that decision was clearly wrong and cost GWS cant you see that blind freddy could matty bulldog Nichols couldn't

Welcome.

And not necessarily.

I was going to go for the dogs until this week with their supporters, the vfl media and social media bull started.

Now im going for the swans
Have they been making disparaging remarks? Not that I condone their behaviour whatsoever, but it's understandable how the Bulldogs fans have gone a bit OTT, given their lack of recent success. Hasn't it been 55 years since they made a Grand Final and over 60 years since they won one? There would be a touch of angst about them if we had bundled them out in only our fifth year!

Having said that, it's only a very small sample size given that I've only been to one AFL match, but I thought the Bulldogs fans were quite rude! They booed our boys constantly and behaved, in general, in a very boorish manner.

I guess we're going to have to get used to it somewhat. If we're outnumbered, at home, in the final and by a club with a modest membership base, it will be a long time coming before we can build a cauldron like the rest of the "interstate" clubs.

What I'm not a fan of is supporters of oppo sides saying that we are not a "real" club. That we are a "plastic franchise". Please! We're just as much a club as any of the other clubs in the league.

Just because we don't have much history doesn't mean we aren't a genuine club, with passionate fans, who's going places! Every club starts somewhere, at some point in time, and there's no arbitrary period of time we need to have been established before we're legit.

Let's stick it up the haters and dominate the comp in 2017 and beyond! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back