Game Day PF 1, GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect,

These muppets have been carrying on both here, social media and in the media.

Dont care if its been 100 years. On this board we get the respect or they can flog off. They have their own board where we have to bow and curtsey. Here they can do the same.

As for who im going for. Im leaning to the Swans but only because the NSW thing. And thats barely.
I'm gonna watch the game. Decided I'll be supporting the umpires. Should be an interesting and new perspective in this one. I'm confident they can read the game well and have a significant influence.

With all the Bulldogs chest thumping about how they're a real club and true fans, it's come to my attention that the club actually had to pay their fans to turn up. Here's the proof. And they call our support manufactured.

Can you blame their supporters though? For most of them it's double the money they would earn in a year.

DolUK8w.gif

With all the Bulldogs chest thumping about how they're a real club and true fans, it's come to my attention that the club actually had to pay their fans to turn up. Here's the proof. And they call our support manufactured.

Can you blame their supporters though? For most of them it's double the money they would earn in a year.

DolUK8w.gif

In fairness that was given to them for breakfast so they didnt starve!

It's funny because they were predicting that there would be a shortage of airline tickets flying up to Sydney for the game, but it made absolutely no difference.

The majority of them started walking/hitchhiking the night they beat Hawthorn. Thank goodness for them Ivan Milat is in the big house as he would have had a field day!!

It was quite amazing when we got to our box every Bulldogs supporter was already at the ground??? And then it dawned on me that Spotless was their accomodation in Sydney!

Last edited:
At least there's no Hawfawn this year...
As an aging Hawks supporter I represent that. I paid for intrrstate membership for many years trooping off to the SCG for a flogging once a year through the 90's.
Actually nah it's ok. Just dont run down the side prior to the birth of the giants and I'm good. I really am a turncoat and was originally a 70's bandwaggoner.
:sunglasses:On the plus side I think we'll get em twice next year, and the perecentage boost should help.
Actually do you have a history with Collingwood? If so I may owe you an apology

Last edited:
Did GWS give tickets away to the general public to try to boost the numbers? I kind of feel like it was a missed opportunity if they didn't. A great first game of AFL to have attended if you want to build a supporter base, even with the loss.

Re: the perception of plasticness, there's ill-feeling between your two clubs' members building now. Ironically, over time, it's that kind of thing that will diminish that perception. Paradoxically, that same ill-feeling will probably mean it's forever the insult hurled at your club by Bullies fans. We've been labelled drug cheats. Own it and win premierships is probably the best response for the haters.
Umm, I have no idea if they gave tickets away for free. If they did, I didn't hear about it.

As for us being plastic; I know what you're saying but "plastic" is such a conceptual rather than a tangible barb.

Essendon however, like Cronulla, were found guilty of having engaged in an illegal supplements program.

The missing 2k almost certainly came for the allotment we had to give to the ANZ members, for the first and last time.

Going forward the club needs to lobby the AFL to ensure the entire lower seating bowl is entry level price, and the upper level is priced up.
This would allow the families who would love to have gone but missed out on the few thousand low cost seats.
Our membership is not High st, it's Main st, and Main st western Sydney at that, the game entry was was priced out of the reach of at least 50% of our members, that should NEVER happen again at a home final.

Agree. Someone (perhaps General) stated early last week that ticket pricing would hurt. It was very evident that it was the case on Saturday night. Where the H&A and 1st final we would of had >50% contingent of young families and kids, there were not very many kids around on Saturday night at all.

When it's on the AFL's own official website, you know the AFL realises that they've gifted the Dogs an illegitimate GF berth.

UMPS GIANT MISTAKE - afl.com.au, September 26, 7:06am

A MISSED 50m penalty in the dying stages of Greater Western Sydney's preliminary final loss might have cost the Giants their maiden Grand Final appearance, Laws of the Game committee member Michael Christian says.

Tom Scully marked the ball in the centre square with just under two minutes left and Western Bulldogs defender Jason Johannisen entered Scully's 10m protected zone.

GWS trailed by five points at that stage and Scully booted the ball into the forward line.

The Dogs didn't allow the Giants to score for the rest of the game and held on for a six-point win to send them into their first decider since 1961.

If Scully had been paid a 50m penalty, he would have had a set shot at goal within scoring distance.

"There was a free kick earlier this season paid against Kieren Jack against Hawthorn, and the umpires deemed that was a correct decision," Christian said on RSN927 radio.

"Well, if that was a correct decision … this definitely should have been paid a 50m penalty."

The 1990 Collingwood premiership player was referring the Sydney Swans' round 17 loss to Hawthorn.

Jack was penalised for entering Jonathan O'Rourke's protected zone just before the end of the third quarter, and the Hawk capitalised with a goal.

"Johanissen started probably 10, 11, maybe 12m from behind the mark, but didn't make any attempt to veer out to get out of that protected zone," Christian said.

"Scully was wanting to roll on to his left boot and (Johannisen) impeded his movement."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know about rhis claim from Bulldogs sulporters rhat 60 of rheir travelling members couldn't get in becuase the seats didn't exist? Not inclined to take rheir word for it after recent events but cant find anything in the press. Seems less likely if there were any seats empty and tkts were proper.

When it's on the AFL's own official website, you know the AFL realises that they've gifted the Dogs an illegitimate GF berth.

A MISSED 50m penalty in the dying stages of Greater Western Sydney's preliminary final loss might have cost the Giants their maiden Grand Final appearance, Laws of the Game committee member Michael Christian says.

Tom Scully marked the ball in the centre square with just under two minutes left and Western Bulldogs defender Jason Johannisen entered Scully's 10m protected zone.

GWS trailed by five points at that stage and Scully booted the ball into the forward line.

The Dogs didn't allow the Giants to score for the rest of the game and held on for a six-point win to send them into their first decider since 1961.

If Scully had been paid a 50m penalty, he would have had a set shot at goal within scoring distance.

"There was a free kick earlier this season paid against Kieren Jack against Hawthorn, and the umpires deemed that was a correct decision," Christian said on RSN927 radio.

"Well, if that was a correct decision … this definitely should have been paid a 50m penalty."

The 1990 Collingwood premiership player was referring the Sydney Swans' round 17 loss to Hawthorn.

Jack was penalised for entering Jonathan O'Rourke's protected zone just before the end of the third quarter, and the Hawk capitalised with a goal.

"Johanissen started probably 10, 11, maybe 12m from behind the mark, but didn't make any attempt to veer out to get out of that protected zone," Christian said.

"Scully was wanting to roll on to his left boot and (Johannisen) impeded his movement."

So can we now run with the line that the Western Bulldogs have been gifted a premiership and they're the love child of the AFL?

It's now official - If the WB win the grand final it's a phoney gifted victory.

Anyone know about rhis claim from Bulldogs sulporters rhat 60 of rheir travelling members couldn't get in becuase the seats didn't exist? Not inclined to take rheir word for it after recent events but cant find anything in the press. Seems less likely if there were any seats empty and tkts were proper.

If that were true, it would be officially recognised on afl.com.au.

Where the AFL makes a catastrophic stuff-up - like not paying Scully's game-winning 50m free - it always shows up on the AFL's official news feed.

If that were true, it would be officially recognised on afl.com.au.

Where the AFL makes a catastrophic stuff-up - like not paying Scully's game-winning 50m free - it always shows up on the AFL's official news feed.
Yeah
Crossed my mind they were ripped off with fake tkts. Has been losted multiple times but no explanation when I queried.

So can we now run with the line that the Western Bulldogs have been gifted a premiership and they're the love child of the AFL?

It's now official - If the WB win the grand final it's a phoney gifted victory.

Asterisk.

I still don't get why a goal at one end was reviewed yet the goal at the other wasn't.
All goals are reviewed whether the field umpires call for them or not.
We had one reversed Q1 of the Hawks game, and it has happened a few times during the season.

Was popping on to say kudos to Cameron for his post-match presser - all class.

As did I, but after seeing the crap posted above, really wish I hadn't.

Oh for goodness sake mate, How many times do we have to say it's our board. Of course we're going to sling mud around about the opposition. Do you really expect us to be sitting around with teacups, scones and cucumber sandwiches reminiscing about the quality of the game? You guys sling mud around about us on your board, and that's your right. Similarly, It's our right to say what we want on ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back