Toast PF = Collingwood 58-57 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

If Carlton get over the line it will be through a tough physical encounter In a close one.

If Brisbane win, I reckon they will do so by a big margin in a bruise free contest.

Two tough games over five weeks is much better than two soft games over five weeks or three tough ones over five.

Two tough finals games holds us in good stead.

It's all about just getting there and giving yourself an opportunity to win it. Since 2000, we had the opportunity in 2002, 2003, 2010, 2011, 2018 and now we have our shot in 2023. Hasn't been a bad 21st century for us so far, in terms of making GF's, but l want to see another premiership this season... 🙏🙏
Over the course of history, we have on average won 1 out of every 3 GF’s we have participated in.
Your comment above shows we have won one out of the five we have been in since 2000.
This is the sixth GF we are in. 😀

Now I've heard everything! Some online claiming that 2 of the 50m penalties GWS received were actually disadvantageous to them and that is further proof of the umpiring robbery.

Oppo supporters seem to have abundant spare time to collate clips of the apparent 'missed' frees for GWS too. Good grief.
So getting a 50m penalty to bring you to the goal line for a certain goal is a disadvantage?? Yeah I can see thato_O:sunglasses::confusedv1::seenoevil::seenoevil:

It's all about just getting there and giving yourself an opportunity to win it. Since 2000, we had the opportunity in 2002, 2003, 2010, 2011, 2018 and now we have our shot in 2023. Hasn't been a bad 21st century for us so far, in terms of making GF's, but l want to see another premiership this season... 🙏🙏
Apart from our lack of ability to finish the job off, we’ve had a great run as supporters in the past 20 years.

6 Grand Finals (if you don’t include the Replay) is an equal high with Geelong and Sydney over the same period of time.

The complaining about high tackles is comical - we have a player who cops them week in and week out and we're told to move on.
There was a point there where I thought we needed to take the AFL to court it was so bad - Ginni was at serious risk of head / spine injury
But, yeah, pay the Giants free kick or else

I'm taking up a collection for a box of tissues for Luke Hodge. What an amateur commentator.
Luke, you absolute campaigner, take a leaf out of the book of professionals who hate Collingwood as much as you. They seem to be able to hold their composure and hide at least some of their bias.
You may think that the umpires from last night should not get a gig at the GF, but mate, neither should you.
Oh, and by the way, you must have agreed with at least one decision. I didn't hear you complain about Mason Cox being sent off for a torn jumper when the game was in the balance.
Sooky sooky la la:sleepy::disrelieved::cry:

I was wearing a Fitbit during the 2018 GF and it basically clocked my body as having run a half marathon. On the heartrate graph you could clearly see where the quarters started and ended.
I got intense activity between 22:05 and 22:25 last night.

So I've read multiple people who were there last night reporting that it genuinely felt as if the stadium was shifting on its foundations on the final siren last night.
Is this accurate? What was it like at the final siren?
It is accurate.
The top deck of level 4 was shaking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I punted the Pies with bonus bets on a parlay with the scum and the lions and was so nervous I jinxed us half asleep at half time. My cabbie was real confused when I lost my s**t after Mason kicked the goal and Hoskin-Elliott marked it holding my phone speaker blaring Triple M on my phone. Can't wait to watch it back when I'm not nursing 11 straight 10 hr days in a row. Love y'all, carn the pies

Apologies if was discussed already and not that it matters.. but curious as I have never seen or heard an umpire instructing a player to get off the ground to change a ripped jumper. Is that an actual thing and something they can do??

Apologies if was discussed already and not that it matters.. but curious as I have never seen or heard an umpire instructing a player to get off the ground to change a ripped jumper. Is that an actual thing and something they can do??
I wonder if they've revised the rules or if it's just fresh on the mind after the whole Deven Robertson running around shirtless for a while in our Brisbane game

I also wonder whether that counts as an interchange rotation if he leaves the field of play?

Gotta hand it to GWS how they were able to absorb that pressure. I've never seen pressure like that before, and the gws brought their own too.

Rarely did either team get a run on of ideal run game, and even then both teams mostly had numbers in d50 with the oppo entry.

It was a defensive masterclass on our part.

Really have no idea how we go next week, seems Fly wants to go the pressure route, in that case I don't see either opposition getting past 60 pts.

Got no idea who I'd rather face either, I worry about bris but I just want the blose to die. Might be an easier opposition but the thought of them winning their 17th, against us is just something that I just can't accept.

Not winning is next week is something I cannot accept, this has our been best ever chance to win the cup, would be a shame for this opportunity to go to waste.
It was a good defensive battle...

The Pies got lucky with one passage of play where it was a turn over and almost all of the Pie defender was near the forward 50 of the Pies and GWS had a clear passage and it was I think Murphy who knocked it out had he missed it was 3 on 1 situation.

Also there was a passage where GWS played on advantage to kick a behind with 2 other open GWS players near the goal square... Pies need to watch the tape and prevent that against either Lions or Blues... can't be suckered out to the 60m and then he have 1 or 2 forwards drop down without defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back