Toast PF = Collingwood 58-57 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Wowee, what a game. What a win!

I've never experienced noise or an atmosphere like Friday night. Finally caught up on a replay after being away over the weekend. Gave me chills hearing the crowd noise during our run on in the 3rd quarter and then the jubilation when Jaics weaved around and hit Hosky on the tit.

Both teams should be commended for how well they defended. Our backline has been immense in these 2 finals.

We damn well deserve this, what Fly and his cohort have instilled in this group is something to behold.

No doubt, we need to step up a few cogs with our attacking game next week. The Lions have shown that they can get us in a free flowing game. They won't want to get into an arm wrestle against us so the tactics will be fascinating to watch.

McStay is a big blow, do we go tall for tall or simply bring Ginny in? Does Adams get through a solid week of training and put his hand up for selection? On a hot dry day, i think the addition of Johnny Fn Noble is a huge chance. We need to find our run and creativity across half back. We were so stagnant in the first half. It all changed in the 3rd term where instead of going back over the mark, we pulled the trigger which resulted in the 5 goal term that ultimately won us the game.

So pumped for the week ahead, this group deserves a flag. Bring it on!

My general feeling after the game yesterday was that if we play like that next week we will really struggle. I’ve slept on it and I reckon that’s not giving GWS enough credit. If we bring that same heat next week we’re in with a good show no matter who we play. We 100% need to be more daring and efficient going forward though.

It almost seems like it’s all coming together for us, but I’ll never be overly confident going into a granny!

This, this and this.

The 3rd quarter is our template for ball movement. We had total control in the first quarter but did not capitalise as we refused to move the ball with any speed.

Defend like hell and move the ball with freedom.

We got reamed for 3 quarters and then they carry on with a couple of missed calls in the last quarter. Give me a spell.
The level of umpire sooking on the mainboard is off the charts. I cant be ****ed even reading the s**t anymore. Absolute simpletons blinded by hate that rational thoughts are void

We got reamed for 3 quarters and then they carry on with a couple of missed calls in the last quarter. Give me a spell.
They also missed really obvious high contact frees to Darcy & Nick right at the end. Somehow, oppo fans only saw the ones that GWS missed out on

They also missed really obvious high contact frees to Darcy & Nick right at the end. Somehow, oppo fans only saw the ones that GWS missed out on
Not sure if he was staging, but Mitchell reacted as though he was caught high when handballing about 30 out directly in front in the last.

So the media narrative continues.

Why gws lost, not why Collingwood won.

• the crowd got them over the line
  • the umpires
  • good defence but nothing else, even then were lucky, more hung on like desperate amateurs. Just like the Melbourne game.
  • gws far and away the better team after qt time but made crucial mistakes.
  • pies didn't have any blunders can't possibly play better.
  • Daniels off for concussion protocols, no mention of JDG off for the last 8 mins.
  • No mention of Cox off for a jumper change, for memory didn't get back on.

None the less, the Pies are sh*t and every other finalist is outstanding.
Oh well, all the more humble pie for them next week. :)

The level of umpire sooking on the mainboard is off the charts. I cant be ****ed even reading the s**t anymore. Absolute simpletons blinded by hate that rational thoughts are void
The fact they're using the JDG "holding the ball" when he legally disposed of the ball as he was tackled, plus the Greene "high" when he dropped at the knees so much that his patellar was literally touching the ground, as the two shining examples of biased umpiring speaks volumes about how hard they're barracking for GWS here.

Hodgey looked genuinely shattered at the result. He tried hard, but couldn't cheer his boys over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall the umpiring wasn't good in either games, many obvious free kicks missed then some strange ones given.

4 Umpires hasn't done anything to improve the game.
Also, it was alright for Deven Robertson to prance around without a guernsey for several minutes in a previous game, but Coxy had to go straight off to get a new one - in the last quarter of a preliminary final.

Like this week that "the 2 best sides all year" have made the GF after furiously circle jerking over GWS and Carltons chances all last week
Gary Lyon was obnoxious in his over the top praise of GWS at half time, only to then backtrack, begrudgingly, at three quarter time.

My general feeling after the game yesterday was that if we play like that next week we will really struggle. I’ve slept on it and I reckon that’s not giving GWS enough credit. If we bring that same heat next week we’re in with a good show no matter who we play. We 100% need to be more daring and efficient going forward though.

It almost seems like it’s all coming together for us, but I’ll never be overly confident going into a granny!

This, this and this.

The 3rd quarter is our template for ball movement. We had total control in the first quarter but did not capitalise as we refused to move the ball with any speed.

Defend like hell and move the ball with freedom.
100%. Attack, attack, attack.

Q2 was the worst. Slowing it down, kicking along the boundaries, giving the opposition time to setup.

We are so much better when we play attacking footy. Thankfully Nick is our #1 exponent of the run and gun style. Also the reason JFN should be considered.

100%. Attack, attack, attack.

Q2 was the worst. Slowing it down, kicking along the boundaries, giving the opposition time to setup.

We are so much better when we play attacking footy. Thankfully Nick is our #1 exponent of the run and gun style. Also the reason JFN should be considered.
GWS 2nd qtrs have been their best by far in the latter part of the year. Was it a tactic by us to play that dour type of football in that qtr? Despite GWS playing so much better than us in that qtr & looking quite scary....it was only 10 points the difference at half time.

GWS 2nd qtrs have been their best by far in the latter part of the year. Was it a tactic by us to play that dour type of football in that qtr? Despite GWS playing so much better than us in that qtr & looking quite scary....it was only 10 points the difference at half time.
Yes, we were only 10 points down at half time, but GWS also kicked 4 goals to our zero in the quarter. In a game where each team only kicked 8 goals, that isn't good.

Yes, we were only 10 points down at half time, but GWS also kicked 4 goals to our zero in the quarter. In a game where each team only kicked 8 goals, that isn't good.
Of course, but my point being we were aware that is the qtr Giants have been playing their best and we adjusted our game accordingly...and we were still only within 10 points at the end of it. And we had a few missed shots ourselves as well.

Also, it was alright for Deven Robertson to prance around without a guernsey for several minutes in a previous game, but Coxy had to go straight off to get a new one - in the last quarter of a preliminary final.
Not forgetting Lipinski with having his ripped and nothing was said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back