Game Day PF2 Tigers won the Greatest Prelim in History|| Non North GD Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unpopular opinion coming up. I'm glad Dusty stayed. There's players who are bigger than just football, who have that something special. We saw it first hand in Carey, and watching Dusty run off the ground or do a lap after, he's becoming the kind of guy who will be remembered as one of the all time greats, of the Richmond footy club and the AFL in general. Everyone who watches footy is lucky to be able to see this guy play, and for him to leave Richmond would have been like Carey leaving us in '97 or '98. It just would have been wrong.
tenor.gif

Unpopular opinion coming up. I'm glad Dusty stayed. There's players who are bigger than just football, who have that something special. We saw it first hand in Carey, and watching Dusty run off the ground or do a lap after, he's becoming the kind of guy who will be remembered as one of the all time greats, of the Richmond footy club and the AFL in general. Everyone who watches footy is lucky to be able to see this guy play, and for him to leave Richmond would have been like Carey leaving us in '97 or '98. It just would have been wrong.
Not glad he stayed, nor is he comparable to Carey, but really good point/observation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is the only one who created the circus by putting off re-signing and entertaining other offers and visiting other clubs on the eve of finals, I am sure he likes to remain at Richmond but if we had put down $2m a year, he would be in blue and white next year, Richmond getting closer to our offer is the only reason he stayed. He made a small sacrifice, but to get $1.3m out of his club that said they could only afford $850k. Someone else, or likely several players, will end up paying that price.

Paying a Martin or Kelly a huge wad of cash probably wasn't going to hurt us because we have a lot of space at present and we could shove half our senior list off a cliff and we probably wouldn't play any worse, it is not easy and a bit unreasonable to expect a premium to remain when your club is in the window to challenging for flags, what message does that tell to his team mates? Many of them who would likely find it difficult to get an increase on their modest earnings by comparison.

It is going to shift a lot of pressure towards any one who is on the cusp of rising and becoming a star and Richmond would have lost all of it's wiggly room to try and keep those kind of players. I think overpaying players is a slippery slope.

Last edited:
If you think you've got it bad, I live in Richmond and my mate is a Richmond game day employee and he stays at my place after evening games. It's awful.

Most of the Richmond supporters I know, outside of BF, are really nice people. I am happy for them.

Most of the Richmond supporters I know, outside of BF, are really nice people. I am happy for them.

He's a great bloke. Just a smug prick when footy is concerned.

Why "should" he go?
Personally i think no player should go for that. Ever.
Because he elected to bump, watch the replay he doesn't even try and put his hands on the ball.

He got a player high who ended up concussed and handicapped his team for an entire game.

Because he elected to bump, watch the replay he doesn't even try and put his hands on the ball.

He got a player high who ended up concussed and handicapped his team for an entire game.

Yep. Tucked the arm in and elected to bump.

so if he does get rubbed out, will he be the next bob murphy - everyones best mate and Hardwick will give him his medal and so on and so forth until their hangover sets in. stupid richmond

He went at the man who had his head over the ball and got him high. Maybe not a suspension, but definitely worth a fine. And a fine means he's ****ed.

Rules are rules and he should miss. He made a bad split second decision. If they win Hardwick can call him onto the stage and give him his medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back