MMA-Other PFL could this be the Future of Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
I use to consume MMA like an all you can eat Buffet, but with so many events so many diffrent platforms to watch i mainly pick and chose what I watch these days, keep upto date with whats going on roughly. So when the PFL offered 1 million prize money i was pretty sceptical will the fighters even receive it lol. Now into there 2nd year i can really see the positives of this. Sarah Kaufman earnt just 27k in her last UFC bout and now is 2 fights away from a $1 million bucks not too shabby at all.

So lets say your a young 155lb fighter, a promising fighter now you can take the contender route now 155 is deep as with so many talented fighters how long before your earning anything decent, how long before your even recognised. Jump on the PFL if you got what it take to go deep or win it, your going to be on UFC radar anyway and prob jump a bit of the que plus pay scale. you also got more money behind you so you can take your time climbing the mountain.

now if your been fighting in the UFC for awhile middle of the pack contract up why not have a crack at the money. im really interested to see how this one pans out

Yeah it 'could be' but I don't trust Sefo to execute it. I don't trust Ali has so many fighters in it, effectively controlling match ups & they're pissing money away left and right. Burning the candle at both ends atm

$1M to womens lightweight?! Not even worth $100K...

If i were a manager of a meddling fighter, like say Tyson Pedro for example. He might think he's a great chance at $1M but is he? Is he that much better than these guys? I'm advising he stay in the UFC, get bonuses, sponsors & appearances easier (not in fight week) as opposed to high risk fights against nobodies.

They need to control their spending & create stars on the cheap through these tournaments. Less mismatches, no divisions no one follows (ie scrap wmma) and they have a chance. Hope they do well but Sefo isn't even Coker let alone Dana. He can't make a profit

wmma is doing ok, actually its come along way. I dont know see how season 2 goes if they stay in business i cant see it being a bad thing. you cant really controll match ups if you win your progress. dont need a highlight reel knockout to jump the que ect. but I also wonder if MMA was treated as a sport and not as entertainment who would watch.

wmma is doing ok, actually its come along way. I dont know see how season 2 goes if they stay in business i cant see it being a bad thing. you cant really controll match ups if you win your progress. dont need a highlight reel knockout to jump the que ect. but I also wonder if MMA was treated as a sport and not as entertainment who would watch.
They can control the prelim match ups though. Many have been pointless mismatches

Ali is the main hurdle here though. He runs the entire thing given about 70% of the PFL roster is under his management. He picks the brackets, gets his guys the fights he wants. Very scummy

There's a reason they don't attract big names...

Only need to look at the weigh ins and rules for this latest event to see why PFL is going nowhere. Last event, someone missed weight so opponent wins and gets 3 points. This week, replacements found and fighters forced to fight without getting 3 points. The Pineda/Rabadanov timeline is a weird one with their tiebreak rules too

PFL, Sefo, & Ali are going nowhere. Broke very soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back