PGA TOUR 2k21

Remove this Banner Ad

Played the game for the first time tonight.

the putting. What the hell. It’s impossible. I blast short putts off the green nearly.
There's a glitch effecting some people, where you pull back and release in the white middle bit, it's not always registering and you take your backswing a bunch of times before it will pick one up, often causes overpowered or rushed trigger putts. Really hope they fix it as it costs me like 6 strokes a round.

There's a glitch effecting some people, where you pull back and release in the white middle bit, it's not always registering and you take your backswing a bunch of times before it will pick one up, often causes overpowered or rushed trigger putts. Really hope they fix it as it costs me like 6 strokes a round.
Picked up a slight glitch in the BF online game - par 3 holes if you shoot 3 gives you a bogey (I hit a ball off the tee within 4 ft of the hole on the par 3 and holed it to only get a par).

Picked up a slight glitch in the BF online game - par 3 holes if you shoot 3 gives you a bogey (I hit a ball off the tee within 4 ft of the hole on the par 3 and holed it to only get a par).
Happened to me, cost me about 5-6 birdies all up over both my rounds and even some pars registered as bogeys. Probably cost me the comp! Either a glitch or something to do with handicaps

Happened to me, cost me about 5-6 birdies all up over both my rounds and even some pars registered as bogeys. Probably cost me the comp! Either a glitch or something to do with handicaps
I am happy if it happened to everyone - bugs are the great leveller. Finished the round and the game was congratulating me in commentary for 7 birdies (whilst I stood there at -2 for the day).

There's half a dozen things I reckon they need to patch, obviously more will emerge but the game is good and will be better after some fixes.

There's still issues with the swing timing meter, putting, and the in between screen load times are excessive. Then there's some improvements like more game options, split screen options, second player stats/player beyond a "guest", etc.

There's half a dozen things I reckon they need to patch, obviously more will emerge but the game is good and will be better after some fixes.

There's still issues with the swing timing meter, putting, and the in between screen load times are excessive. Then there's some improvements like more game options, split screen options, second player stats/player beyond a "guest", etc.
Do you think they'll fix the second player issue up. It does my head in

Do you think they'll fix the second player issue up. It does my head in
All these minor issues coming up are fixable, it just depends what they prioritize over the others in the next patch. For me personally the putting timing glitch has cost me the most shots so bothers me the most, you can find it on YouTube. But I guess their priorities will depend on the feedback and testing they get.

Just stumbled across a reddit post that said to fix the above mentioned issue plug your headset into the controller and the issue disappears. Wtf kind of bug is that.

So have set up another society with a few events for points and then ultimately a championship/major at the end of September, will run a bunch of handicap/non handicap events of different types, trying to create like a tour where you earn points for each round and an overall champion, etc.
Have made it public, but want it to be Australian focussed so please feel free to join and add your Australian mates,
society is "Australian Backyard League"
PS4? If so I’ll join up tonight with a bunch of mates

So yesterday's patch fixed the putting bug where it wouldn't register your forward swing however replaced it with a new bug that now takes power off your bar so you always under hit the putt. I've played enough on the putting green to feel that the statement above re plugging a headset into the controller eliminates the issue.

Ive spent about 3 wasted hours trying to get the "get 5 puts in in a row" trophy without getting a streak of 3, let alone 5. Plugged a 3mm cable into the controller (no header) and bug was gone. Sank the next five putts and got the trophy. Played a little more and didn't experience the bug again.

Absolutely bizarre bug.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So yesterday's patch fixed the putting bug where it wouldn't register your forward swing however replaced it with a new bug that now takes power off your bar so you always under hit the putt. I've played enough on the putting green to feel that the statement above re plugging a headset into the controller eliminates the issue.

Ive spent about 3 wasted hours trying to get the "get 5 puts in in a row" trophy without getting a streak of 3, let alone 5. Plugged a 3mm cable into the controller (no header) and bug was gone. Sank the next five putts and got the trophy. Played a little more and didn't experience the bug again.

Absolutely bizarre bug.
Correct, noticed this. It now registers your putt but slightly less power than your release. Very frustrating, shouldn't be a hard thing to get right, timing bar release code has been around since pinball games 30 years ago.

Is the career mode any good? Or is this mainly for online play crap? I haven't played a Golf game in years but this looks good. Maybe something to play on the switch when I'm lying around on the couch while watch a boring footy match as they are these days.

I'd love to create one I play here in Ade on a regular basis (Links @ Lady Bay), but don't have the patience required to build a course.

Yeah its stuffed. A dude on reddit set up a bot to do the exact same swing over and over again and the result was not good. It seems that even a perfect shot the game can turn into a shank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back