PGA TOUR 2k21

Remove this Banner Ad

Loading times in societies and in general are an absolute disgrace. 2k doing 2k things as per usual.

Whoever designed Barnbougle on this absolutely nailed it! Conversely, the Royal Melbourne in the Bigfooty Socials is nothing like either the East or West at RM.

Could do with a f**king punch shot in the repertoire to get out of the rough and under trees though...

Not sure why they took that shot out for 2k21

Not sure why they took that shot out for 2k21
Its not exactly the same but if you use L1 to lower the balls trajectory and go up a club you can get a good shot off. I feel this way gives you more control over the shot than if you just selected it like chip.

Its not exactly the same but if you use L1 to lower the balls trajectory and go up a club you can get a good shot off. I feel this way gives you more control over the shot than if you just selected it like chip.

I tried that but still goes far too high on occasions where you need to get under something close to you

Got my 1st ace this arvo, saved it at the time, went to watch it later and the save didn't work.. WTF!!

Played it, reviewed it.

Found it strange that as a PGA product no actual golfers are playable. As a golf game it's very good though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had been using the same PS4 controller since I bought my PS4 in 2015, and since about TGC2 and through TGC2019 I had been encountering the stuttering hitchy backswing issue - but only on PS4. I just lived with it since TGC was only game I played at home where it presented a problem, some days it was a little worse than others, and I never bothered going out and buying a new PS4 controller. On Day 1 of having PGA2K21 I was having the stuttering backswing problem again, and I'm thinking 'well it definitely can't be the game, I know its not the game'... so I finally decided I'd go down the shops and buy that new controller. And wullah, problem solved. No longer having the backswing hitch issue.

Really enjoying the game after some early adjustment period, the presentation value in Career is a nice little leap. I like how club sets have evolved and the horizontal balancing of the different clubs/brands is interesting, and the gameplay customisation/settings are great. The new analog putting was the biggest adjustment in gameplay, but am embracing the challenge. And obviously driving off the tee is much more of a challenge now on the higher skill levels, a drive down the middle of the fairway is no longer a given. Feels more rewarding all up when you do make a great shot.

I'll drop by the BigFooty society to see what events are going if any. Otherwise, might catch some of you on TGCTours.com for some events when the new season kicks off.

Apparently TGCTours will use: Master swing difficulty, with swing meters off and swing assists off across all CC divisions and higher. I tend to play on Pro swing difficulty, so I better get practicing my swing with Master soon.

these are the tgctours settings, if people are interested.

Swing Difficulty (Platinum, Elite, Kinetic, Challenge Circuit): Master
Swing Difficulty (ProAm): Pro
Swing Timing: On
Distance Control Meter: Off
Distance Control Assist: Off
Putt Preview: 0
Course Yardage: Open
Pro Vision: All off
Scout Camera: UI Off
Lie Grid: Open
Green Grid: Open
Pin Preference: Open
Aim Marker: Open
Wind Display (Platinum/Elite/Kinetic): Meter Only
Wind Display (Challenge Circuit/ProAm): Open
Distance Display: Carry

these are the tgctours settings, if people are interested.

Swing Difficulty (Platinum, Elite, Kinetic, Challenge Circuit): Master
Swing Difficulty (ProAm): Pro
Swing Timing: On
Distance Control Meter: Off
Distance Control Assist: Off
Putt Preview: 0
Course Yardage: Open
Pro Vision: All off
Scout Camera: UI Off
Lie Grid: Open
Green Grid: Open
Pin Preference: Open
Aim Marker: Open
Wind Display (Platinum/Elite/Kinetic): Meter Only
Wind Display (Challenge Circuit/ProAm): Open
Distance Display: Carry
This gives me anxiety already

Tempo is so much harder in this game than 19. I havent been playing that much because the footy is on every night. I can we myself slipping down tours

For those interested, you can register for TGCtours qschool here - https://www.tgctours.com/Tournament/QSchoolRegistration

If you haven't participated before, you do the qualifying tournament and then will be automatically allocated to a tour that suits your skill.

Once registered, you play the TGCTours (Special Events) society this week (probably from Monday afternoon) and your scores will start populating on the website.

Highly recommended if you enjoy the game, but find the single player career a little dull.

For those interested, you can register for TGCtours qschool here - https://www.tgctours.com/Tournament/QSchoolRegistration

If you haven't participated before, you do the qualifying tournament and then will be automatically allocated to a tour that suits your skill.

Once registered, you play the TGCTours (Special Events) society this week (probably from Monday afternoon) and your scores will start populating on the website.

Highly recommended if you enjoy the game, but find the single player career a little dull.

I've signed up for the beer league. I can't even be consistent on Pro Swing, I don't think my controller would survive playing on master swing.

I've signed up for the beer league. I can't even be consistent on Pro Swing, I don't think my controller would survive playing on master swing.

I think everyone is having the same difficulties, so I wouldn't be too worried.

My current strategy is to just play for the hook and swing hard and fast.

I think everyone is having the same difficulties, so I wouldn't be too worried.

My current strategy is to just play for the hook and swing hard and fast.

Yeah, that was my original strategy, but how "fast" my swing was and the amount of hook I was getting suddenly seemed to start varying massively and I went from shooting a few under to hitting 10 plus over. I've slowed it slightly now and, touch wood, seem to be able to hit slightly fast (just a tiny bit of draw) or perfect most of the time.

Doesn't save me on the greens though where I randomly seem to be able to swing the stick on a massive angle completely ******* my putt line :mad::mad:

Yeah, that was my original strategy, but how "fast" my swing was and the amount of hook I was getting suddenly seemed to start varying massively and I went from shooting a few under to hitting 10 plus over. I've slowed it slightly now and, touch wood, seem to be able to hit slightly fast (just a tiny bit of draw) or perfect most of the time.

Doesn't save me on the greens though where I randomly seem to be able to swing the stick on a massive angle completely ******* my putt line :mad::mad:

Yeah putting is my real issue so far. Especially on the higher difficulties with all the aids turned off. It's a lot trickier, than previous versions, to get a feel for the tempo.

But as I said, I think everyone is having similar problems. What is annoying is when you are struggling to break par, and other people are shooting 58 - that doesnt seem to be the case in the practise tournaments.

I have gone with mostly TaylorMade clubs that offer the most decent forgiveness and swing plane balance. Though I have opted the TaylorMade Driver with the extra distance that trades off a bit of forgiveness (and just adjust for my slight draw on my swing tempo). Was kinda fun experimenting with the different clubs and balance in my golf bag. Current setup: Dr,3w,3h,4h,5i-9i,Pw-Lw,P. Still gotta get better on Master Swing though, but I somehow managed to complete the Achievement where you need to score Par or better on the Legend difficulty setting (took a number of tries though).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back