PGA TOUR 2k21

Remove this Banner Ad

My tip for putting if you are inclined towards playing on the CC & Pro tours on TGCTours, would be to try playing with Vibration turned off. I found my putting game started to improve, as I was back to trusting my gut more like on previous TGC games, and things just started to click again for my putting (now that I am kinda used to how the new analog putting swing feels and watching the club intently on the drawback). However, as a feature and definitely from an accessibility point of view, I do like the new haptic feedback and what it brings. But I just happen to enjoy playing more without it - and trusting my gut - old school style.

Just played my local Tirhatuan lakes (vic) Extremely detailed. Anyone seen any other Melbourne courses yet? I believe box hill is there. Must take a while to create.

For those interested, you can register for TGCtours qschool here - https://www.tgctours.com/Tournament/QSchoolRegistration

If you haven't participated before, you do the qualifying tournament and then will be automatically allocated to a tour that suits your skill.

Once registered, you play the TGCTours (Special Events) society this week (probably from Monday afternoon) and your scores will start populating on the website.

Highly recommended if you enjoy the game, but find the single player career a little dull.

I joined the beer league. Is that the standard league? Have only played offline.. guessing I need to practice with settings first

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just played my local Tirhatuan lakes (vic) Extremely detailed. Anyone seen any other Melbourne courses yet? I believe box hill is there. Must take a while to create.

There are quite a few vic courses. Victoria GC is there. Kingswood Peninsula is the course they are using for the Italy Open on tgc tours this week. It is excellent.

Royal Melbourne was in previous versions of the game, but wasn't that great. I haven't looked in this version.

No doubt there would be others.

There was also a course in previous versions of the game called 'The Sandbelt', which isn't a real course but feels like something out of the Melbourne Sandbelt and is really good.

A lot of courses are listed below. This isn't a full list though I think.

There are quite a few vic courses. Victoria GC is there. Kingswood Peninsula is the course they are using for the Italy Open on tgc tours this week. It is excellent.

Royal Melbourne was in previous versions of the game, but wasn't that great. I haven't looked in this version.

No doubt there would be others.

There was also a course in previous versions of the game called 'The Sandbelt', which isn't a real course but feels like something out of the Melbourne Sandbelt and is really good.

A lot of courses are listed below. This isn't a full list though I think.

Awesome cheers mate!

I joined the beer league. Is that the standard league? Have only played offline.. guessing I need to practice with settings first

I started in Beer League, but I could only shoot a few under at best and the guys winning were shooting 45 under each tournament. Moved to Challenge Circuit for the current event so that I'm playing with guys that I can at least get close to if I play well. I don't find the extra swing difficulty to make a difference, the main difference is the wind speed is only a gauge, not a number. That's what I find anyway.

Takes a bit of practice to get used to putting without the power meter, but once you do, feels much more like real golf in trying to weight your putt correctly. Heaps more rewarding too when you nail a big putt!

I started in Beer League, but I could only shoot a few under at best and the guys winning were shooting 45 under each tournament. Moved to Challenge Circuit for the current event so that I'm playing with guys that I can at least get close to if I play well. I don't find the extra swing difficulty to make a difference, the main difference is the wind speed is only a gauge, not a number. That's what I find anyway.

Takes a bit of practice to get used to putting without the power meter, but once you do, feels much more like real golf in trying to weight your putt correctly. Heaps more rewarding too when you nail a big putt!

How long does it usually take to get accepted into the league?

How long does it usually take to get accepted into the league?

I just registered for qualifying on the website last week, played that week's event (even though I wasn't in the league then) and then got notified early this week that I was in CC-H. I thought I was meant to do a qualifying round, but they just put me straight in (unless my attempt at last week's event counted as qualifying) and I was able to play in this week's event.

Last edited:
Just picked this up and enjoying it so far. Bit of a learning curve coming from a Tiger Woods PGA Tour background but the gameplay is rewarding (even though I do sometimes miss the arcadey feel of the Tiger Woods series).

Needs more courses though (definitely needs Pebble Beach, Torrey Pines and St Andrews as a minimum)

Just picked this up and enjoying it so far. Bit of a learning curve coming from a Tiger Woods PGA Tour background but the gameplay is rewarding (even though I do sometimes miss the arcadey feel of the Tiger Woods series).

Needs more courses though (definitely needs Pebble Beach, Torrey Pines and St Andrews as a minimum)

Have you looked through the user designed courses? Most famous ones have been created and I'm pretty sure they have user rankings so you know if they're any good or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea what bug that is. I've had no issues with putting since I bought it
The original bug was that your swing wouldn't be recognised for putting, it took 4 or 5 goes before it actually hit the ball. By that time you were frustrated and swung wildly and it stuffed your shot anyway. They fixed that but introduced an issue where unless I had a 3mm jack plugged into my controller my putt power would drop after I set it, causing all my putts to fall short.

Not my video but found this on youtube:

The original bug was that your swing wouldn't be recognised for putting, it took 4 or 5 goes before it actually hit the ball. By that time you were frustrated and swung wildly and it stuffed your shot anyway. They fixed that but introduced an issue where unless I had a 3mm jack plugged into my controller my putt power would drop after I set it, causing all my putts to fall short.

Not my video but found this on youtube:

I haven't had a problem. They definitely slowed the backswing on the putts a while back so short one's aren't going 20ft past the hole anymore

Best remedy if your swing/putting is glitchy, get a new controller. At least on PS4 this seems to be the culprit majority of the time. New controller usually makes the pain go away. it sucks to discover your current PS4 controller is on its way out, but relax in the knowledge it had a good life and you shared some amazing times and adventures together. Happy golfing.

Anybody know how to transfer your data from ps4 over to ps5? I tried plugging the external hard drive in and it loaded the game but my career and player aren’t there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back