PC Pharoah: A New Era

Remove this Banner Ad

I had no idea this was even in development!!!

Releases on the 15th of Feb 2023!!

I've still got the original Pharoah on CD somewhere.

Pharoah A New Era

ss_d131e30f716d232eff78fee190778242df651d1a.1920x1080.jpg

ss_6f4fde41cca2004b6c16c85e248f65c7fcc52adc.1920x1080.jpg

really excited to play through this again. back in the early 2000's when we first got a proper home PC, I played countless hours of Pharaoh, Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and Red Alert 2. all classics and still great to play

This game was awesome. I think I read about this being remade a while back. Pretty sure I only finally turfed my CD for it about 5 years ago during a clean out. It was in a smaller, less fancy box with a simple pull out cardboard drawer. I don't think it had a thick manual or anything either. Just the CD in a white sleeve and a simple insert or something.

I've had Nebuchadnezzar on my wishlist for ages because it was similar in a lot of ways but it paled in comparison to Pharoah.

really excited to play through this again. back in the early 2000's when we first got a proper home PC, I played countless hours of Pharaoh, Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and Red Alert 2. all classics and still great to play
Never played Pharoah but Roller Coaster tycoon and any of the c&c's were great

Planet coaster on gamepass was great too more recently, i put alot of hours into that one

This game was awesome. I think I read about this being remade a while back. Pretty sure I only finally turfed my CD for it about 5 years ago during a clean out. It was in a smaller, less fancy box with a simple pull out cardboard drawer. I don't think it had a thick manual or anything either. Just the CD in a white sleeve and a simple insert or something.

I've had Nebuchadnezzar on my wishlist for ages because it was similar in a lot of ways but it paled in comparison to Pharoah.

I've never been able to find a newer game that feels quite like Pharaoh. I also played Zeus and Caesar back in the day but Pharaoh was always my favourite. Emperor: Rise of Middle Kingdom was probably the next best. you're right that the newer games like Nebuchadnezzar just don't quite hit it right. the developer doing this Pharaoh remake also released one that I played for a few hours but just got bored

I still have Pharaoh disc and on GOG but I remember having trouble running it properly a while back. This remake will be nice

This, Road Rash, Thief and Age of Empires 2 were my first (and only from memory) games on our first PC capable of playing anything more then minesweeper in the early 2000s.

Hot damn.

I played the demo of this remake when they released it very briefly last year and while it was just a demo and obviously an incomplete version of the final release there were enough warning signs that if you were a fan of the original you would want to approach this with caution and be checking out as many reviews as possible.

Really all the developers needed to do (IMO) was give it a do-over with nicer graphics and fix the bugs present in the original (hello bazaar walkers!) but I got the impression they are going to add their own spin to things.

Definitely wait and see on this one...

I played the demo too and most of the changes are good IMO. The only thing that's a bit weird is the animations/graphics of the people. When you compare them side by side they kinda are just a higher res version of the old ones but they do look a bit odd somehow... also the plague was bugged out in the demo for me so hopefully that's fixed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back