Phil Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Sly77
Mcchawk and I have been arguing about this for weeks, he seems to think that EVERYBODY has a soft spot for Phil Collins, whilst I argue that only the over 25's could give a damn about his music

So peoples vote now. Do you have a soft spot for Phil Collins?

Alright the Sly one has had her say on this subject. Now I will have my.

First of all I'm not a huge Phil Collins fan but what I'm saying if his on the radio most people I know don't turn him off. After interviewing many Hawthorn supporters at the pub before most games I haven't had anyone say otherwise, so I'm lead to believe everyone has a soft spot for him.

Sly when Phil gets up and wins this we will listen to Phil's whole back catalogue at the pub (no alcohol for you miss!!)before hitting the football one week. Then you'll be converted to a PHIL COLLINS FAN!!!!

VOTE YES FOR PHIL COLLINS

His music is bland IMO and the only use for it is played as background music.

And I hardly think those guys are a fair representation of the general public - look at them - one in particular can name Stefan Dennis' one and only song for christsakes!

well, I'm a fan of the 1980s and the film American Psycho, and I do have a soft spot for Phil so I voted yes (although sussudio was done when he was still in Genesis) :D

I have a soft spot for Phil: a boggy piece of wasteland down the road where I want to bury his carcass. BTW I'm over 25 ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everybody loves Phil Collins. Whether it be the drum/vocal talents of Genesis, or his solo stuff, this man can swoon his way into my heart anyday. He'd rival Billy Joel, Elton John, and Darryl Braithwaite as those you can't hate, simple because they're so lovable.

Hey, he was also in that movie about the Great Train Robbery. What can't the man do!?

The Hitman

Originally posted by The Hitman
Billy Joel, Elton John, and Darryl Braithwaite as those you can't hate, simple because they're so lovable.

Oh christ - who's been brainwashing you over the years? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by The Hitman
Hey, he was also in that movie about the Great Train Robbery. What can't the man do!?

The Hitman

Dont forget the countless other pathetic attempts at romance movies over the years.....

Darryl Braithwaite - sheeeesh *shakes head*

Originally posted by Sly77
Darryl Braithwaite - sheeeesh *shakes head*

"That's the way it's gonna be, my darling. We'll be riding on the horses, yeah yeah! Way up in the sky now baby, and if you fall I'll pick you up, I'll pick you up!"

:D

The Hitman

"In The Air Tonight" was and IS a great song...but after that it was all pap.

I have no doubt that Phil is a top bloke. But so is my bus driver. It doesn't mean my bus driver should have a license to pump out constant crap music for 20-odd years.

He is a hopeless joke.

Only decent song he ever had was "Follow You, Follow Me" with Genesis.

Can't stand him. I want to break the radio every time I hear him on.

If I heard he was drowning.. I would not lend a hand.

I love Phill and I'm 23. I still have "I can feel it in the air tonight" in my head and love his "I can't walk" from Genisis.

I love the words and story behind the first song I raised. Apparently it happend to him as a little kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back